• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

Oh sweet, Zombi U is on the list. I got it for $30 on eBay. I haven't actually played it yet, but I feel like I can get it for that cheap or cheaper if I decide I want it again.

ohlawd

omg I knew I should have checked this thread first.

What am I gonna do with my copy of AssCreed III? I could.... play it but that's crazy talk.

Never played an AC game by the way.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Wow, it is a $50 gift card! So $20 off, a $50 gift card, and 55800 optimum points that are easily worth $100 at the bonus redemptions they regularly do. Basic model only, but that's so worth it.

I'm getting the Deluxe model, the $50 doesn't matter as much as the storage and free Nintendoland.
Think about it, with the $20, you could get 32gb storage.

I am still bummed that didn't get the $329 ZombiU pack at bestbuy, think there won't be any offer nearly as good till Christmas; I don't think any shoppers carry Wii U at Saskatoon :D

Sora_N

I think I will trade in Revengeance for the 40 bucks. I didn't want to at first because it's a limited edition case, with the extra slot for the soundtrack CD, but I realized I can keep the case and just slap the cover and game inside a different PS3 case and have it both ways. (I intend to re-buy the game when it's cheaper.)

I'm probably gonna do that too.

I couldn't finish MGR, didn't like it. I'm just gonna keep the lamp and the case w/ CD in case I rebuy in the future. I'd rather grab the $40 for Animal Crossing and Project X Zone lol.

Ondore

I'm getting the Deluxe model, the $50 doesn't matter as much as the storage and free Nintendoland.

Don't forget the Deluxe Digital promo. If you're gonna use that storage, the program may pay for itself by the end of next year.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Don't forget the Deluxe Digital promo. If you're gonna use that storage, the program may pay for itself by the end of next year.

I plan on filling my U. ;) Thanks, 10% off.

iphys

What $20? You're paying $70 more and no $50 gift card if you get the Deluxe model, so Nintendo Land and all the extras better be worth $120 in that case.

Lurkee

Neo Member
Is there any expiration date on the $40 gift card?

No, it's just like any other Future Shop/Best Buy gift card you receive/buy. They don't have expiry dates.

Has anyone had any success/problems trading in special or collector's edition versions of the games on the trade list? I want to trade my brand new NHL 13 Collector's Edition, but don't want to open it only to be denied the trade.

Jaruru

Shoppers: 20x points. What about the $50 gift card and $20 off? What are these two promotions???

FS: just traded in MH3U 3DS, figured I mostly play it on Wii U, trading for $40 gift card is a good deal ;)

SMT

iiicon

No, it's just like any other Future Shop/Best Buy gift card you receive/buy. They don't have expiry dates.

Has anyone had any success/problems trading in special or collector's edition versions of the games on the trade list? I want to trade my brand new NHL 13 Collector's Edition, but don't want to open it only to be denied the trade.
I traded in my Stanley Cup Edition in months ago without any trouble.

Kazerei

Banned
Shoppers: 20x points. What about the $50 gift card and $20 off? What are these two promotions???

FS: just traded in MH3U 3DS, figured I mostly play it on Wii U, trading for $40 gift card is a good deal ;)

Wii U Basic Set is $279.99, which is $20 off the MSRP, plus you get a $50 gift card. From the flyer:

Ir6P2ch.jpg

SMT

Also consider Nintendo Land was $20 recently at Costco. If you are opting for the Deluxe, even given the SDM sale, you're doing it for the Digital Promo points.

Yep, it should be for the points, but also latency when connecting an external hdd; even if the external peripheral is sdd, it will be bottlenecked by USB 2.0. It's much faster to load games from the onboard nand flash memory.

My opting choice would be the deluxe for optimal speeds and loading, and to a second degree, the 10% discounts.

If LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER is 22gb, it's not a big deal; it's an open-world game, Wii U games have 25gb BD limit, boo ya! So after I'm done, I'll delete it off my onboard nand drive, and wait for the next game.

It's much better to get the Deluxe.

SMT

I got 70,000 points for the WiiU Deluxe purchase, now I can use the cash for some games, but not after I convert those points into giftcards on double redemption days to get an extra 5,000 points on each 50 dollar gift card. >:D

iphys

I got 70,000 points for the WiiU Deluxe purchase, now I can use the cash for some games, but not after I convert those points into giftcards on double redemption days to get an extra 5,000 points on each 50 dollar gift card. >:D

Not sure what you're planning on exactly: you can get 500 points for buying a $50 shoppers card with real money, but you can't convert points into gift cards, at least not unless you're being devious.

I have a Deluxe, but I would have gone Basic for this deal. As far as I understand, USB 2.0 is no slower than the optical drive, so I really wouldn't consider playing games from an external hdd a hindrance, and judging by the slow loading screens on the Tank Tank Tank download or Zen Pinball 2, I don't think playing games from flash storage is superior in any way. I would value Nintendo Land at $20, the digital deluxe promo at $20, and the extra flash storage and accessories at $40, so a $80 difference would be about the tipping point for me.

Sora_N

I'm pretty excited about this. Amazon.ca has a promotion on a few Ghibli Blu-Rays. I can't wait to own Totoro. :) I doubt I would pick up Howl's Moving Castle.

-------------------------

Save $6 on My Neighbor Totoro or Howl's Moving Castle and Other Studio Ghibli Blu-ray Combo Packs

Save $6 when you purchase select versions of My Neighbor Totoro or Howl's Moving Castle, available for the first time on Blu-ray, with another Studio Ghibli Blu-ray combo pack shown below. To receive the discount, add a qualifying version of My Neighbor Totoro or Howl's Moving Castle and another title shown below to your Shopping Cart and enter promotional code MIYAZAKI at checkout. Offer valid through June 30, 2013. Applies only to products sold by Amazon.ca. Does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Additional restrictions apply; see terms and conditions.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm pretty excited about this. Amazon.ca has a promotion on a few Ghibli Blu-Rays. I can't wait to own Totoro. :) I doubt I would pick up Howl's Moving Castle.

-------------------------

Save $6 on My Neighbor Totoro or Howl's Moving Castle and Other Studio Ghibli Blu-ray Combo Packs

Save $6 when you purchase select versions of My Neighbor Totoro or Howl's Moving Castle, available for the first time on Blu-ray, with another Studio Ghibli Blu-ray combo pack shown below. To receive the discount, add a qualifying version of My Neighbor Totoro or Howl's Moving Castle and another title shown below to your Shopping Cart and enter promotional code MIYAZAKI at checkout. Offer valid through June 30, 2013. Applies only to products sold by Amazon.ca. Does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Additional restrictions apply; see terms and conditions.

That almost brings them in line with US pricing, but not quite.

bryehn

Posting on the last page!

...I'm looking for a HDD for my 360S (4GB) so I can transfer my licences to it and download all my XBLA and DLC stuff to it before I move onto next gen.

$150 for a 320 GB is, uh robbery. Is there any danger of my console getting banned for using a Chinese knock-off from Amazon/eBay? Has anyone had experience with one of these things?

Kazerei

Banned
I just got back from SDM. I decided to use my $50 gift card right away on Lego City Undercover and a 2L carton of milk. Aww yeah, I'm ready to rock and roll!

(LCU was $49.99 and you need to spend $50.00+ to get 20x the points, so I bought milk)

SMT

Not sure what you're planning on exactly: you can get 500 points for buying a $50 shoppers card with real money, but you can't convert points into gift cards, at least not unless you're being devious.

I have a Deluxe, but I would have gone Basic for this deal. As far as I understand, USB 2.0 is no slower than the optical drive, so I really wouldn't consider playing games from an external hdd a hindrance, and judging by the slow loading screens on the Tank Tank Tank download or Zen Pinball 2, I don't think playing games from flash storage is superior in any way. I would value Nintendo Land at $20, the digital deluxe promo at $20, and the extra flash storage and accessories at $40, so a $80 difference would be about the tipping point for me.

But you also have to take the sleek color of the Deluxe into account. I looked around the web, and there was a consensus that it would be optimal to use the internal NAND to load games. Some people felt that USB 2.0. was a big mistake whence designing the console. Others have criticized the console for its lack of an eSATA hub. I don't really give much, I just wanted all the goodies.

I haven't updated the console yet, as I'm waiting for Nintendo to release firmware updates via PC, so I just add them to a usb, and update the system without any interruptions because I am using a temporary internet before getting the Bell Fibe deal.

After those points, I now have money to get a PSVita revision. :D

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Looks like Bestbuy's E3 promo is going to be "Preorder 3 games get 4800 rewards zone points"
Have they fixed the bug where they were giving the RZ points as soon as a pre-order shipped if they were ordered more than 36 days before release instead of waiting 36 days after the game has shipped to give the RZ points?

I just got back from SDM. I decided to use my $50 gift card right away on Lego City Undercover and a 2L carton of milk. Aww yeah, I'm ready to rock and roll!

(LCU was $49.99 and you need to spend $50.00+ to get 20x the points, so I bought milk)
I loved LCU.

zroid

Banned
Have they fixed the bug where they were giving the RZ points as soon as a pre-order shipped if they were ordered more than 36 days before release instead of waiting 36 days after the game has shipped to give the RZ points?

Nope (I just got my points for DKCR)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nope (I just got my points for DKCR)
I foresee a lot of people abusing BB for $60 worth of RZ points and then returning the games. Think they really care about having their account banned before moving on and creating a new one?

iphys

Nice, not only do you get the game for free with the gift card, you get 10,000 free optimum points for using it on 20x, mwa ha ha! What a sweet deal.

iLLmAtlc

Hey guys do they have a limit on how many copies of a game they're accepting? I want to trade in a game but should I be feeling like I have to get my ass down there today?

iphys

I don't think they usually change the trade-in lists mid-week, but I still fear they might cancel the T1 for $40 and say the promo was an error.

BTW, they're going to be doing 18500 bonus points at Shoppers when you spend $75 June 3rd-7th.

Sora_N

I don't think they usually change the trade-in lists mid-week, but I still fear they might cancel the T1 for $40 and say the promo was an error.

BTW, they're going to be doing 18500 bonus points at Shoppers when you spend $75 June 3rd-7th.

I dont think they will cancel the T1 deal, it's in the flyer (for BB at least) and the CSR that helped me had the list.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Last day for 50% off McWraps at McDonalds. They're not too bad for $2.50. The Bacon one is really dry if you go with the crispy option.

Oh and Futureshop (probably BB too) has Nexus 4s for $50 off with Koodo and Virgin.

DJ_Lae

Last day for 50% off McWraps at McDonalds. They're not too bad for $2.50. The Bacon one is really dry if you go with the crispy option.

Oh and Futureshop (probably BB too) has Nexus 4s for $50 off with Koodo and Virgin.

I tried one of each today (well, my wife had one, I'd feel like a pig eating three) and they were pretty good for the price. I wouldn't pay the full five bucks for them, though.

I think the fiesta one was my favourite, though I also had one yesterday and it must have been made wrong. Today it had cheese and crushed blue tortilla chips in it and tasted a lot better. Yesterday it just had bacon, so I'm guessing they put the wrong stuff in and then just dumped whatever they pass off as salsa.

zroid

Banned
Yea, I tried all three wraps over the last three days. Fiesta was my favourite as well, though I liked them all. Of course, as per usual with McDonald's (in Canada), everything is too expensive unless there's a promotion. Unlikely I will pay $5.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I liked the Sweet Chili one the best with Fiesta a close second. Definitely worth $2.50. $5.00 not so much.

I feel like a pig as I bought all three haha.

Sora_N

My parents had a chilli one left, it wasn't bad. What's in fiesta?

Do these end at 12am tonight? I want to grab one for my gf before I grab her off from work, not sure if I'd want to pay 5 bucks for them though.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
My parents had a chilli one left, it wasn't bad. What's in fiesta?

Do these end at 12am tonight? I want to grab one for my gf before I grab her off from work, not sure if I'd want to pay 5 bucks for them though.

I think it has salsa and little pieces of tortilla strips. Couldn't really taste the tortilla crisps though. Guess they were soggy from the salsa.

Zeeman

So what's the best place to buy Donkey Kong Revengeance on 3DS?

Future Shop is giving $10 video game credit for June for anything over $19.99, and Toys R Us has a deal where you can save $15 on any "Super Mario 3DS game" if bought with DKCR3D. I'm not sure exactly which games are included in the Toys R Us deal, it seems like a safe assumption it's at least SM3DL and NSMB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom