• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

khaaan

I guess the big question for me is that can I expect equal or better deals during the holidays? I want a WiiU but I'm in no rush...recently bought a Vita, spent $50 on PSN this month, Pokemon already out, Zelda coming soon.

frequency

If anyone is still waiting for Rune Factory 4 from Future Shop (firehawk12?), they finally have it in stock. My card was just charged for it.

Edit: My order page shows "In Stock" and charged but the page for the game still shows out of stock.

zroid

Banned
If anyone is still waiting for Rune Factory 4 from Future Shop (firehawk12?), they finally have it in stock. My card was just charged for it.

Edit: My order page shows "In Stock" and charged but the page for the game still shows out of stock.

\o/

Dazzler

Not a lot of people at Future Shop in Vancouver trying out Xbox One. Got a few minutes with it (along with a very enthusiastic and chatty Xbox staff member)

Only had Forza to try out unfortunately

soultron

Banned
So hard to find any consoles except for 360s at SDM. I went to 4 different downtown core SDMs tonight to look for a Vita and didn't find a single one.

Wish they had an online inventory look up for electronics so you could check individual stores' stock before stepping foot inside.

Dazzler

So hard to find any consoles except for 360s at SDM. I went to 4 different downtown core SDMs tonight to look for a Vita and didn't find a single one.

Wish they had an online inventory look up for electronics so you could check individual stores' stock before stepping foot inside.

what city are you in? Was in a shoppers DT in Vancouver today and they had a PS3 and a Vita for sale

Ondore

More fun with Target clearance: Sly Cooper Thieves in Time PS3 (w/Vita Crossplay) is $5.99 (or it was at the Dartmouth store).

zroid

Banned
More fun with Target clearance: Sly Cooper Thieves in Time PS3 (w/Vita Crossplay) is $5.99 (or it was at the Dartmouth store).
So typical. Wasted $4.

Actually it would probably cost me ~$4 in gas just to go to the nearest Target and back :lol

vulva

Do I need an optimum card for the shoppers thing tomorrow?

edit: conversely, where do I grab this coupon? I just signed up for an optimum account but can't get the coupon :(

If anyone got an email or link to one and won't use it, if you could PM me that'd rule. Planning on popping by Shoppers before work tomorrow morning.

Wii U games are $20 at Shoppers. Black Ops, Batman, AC3, Lego City.

ZombiU has held its value pretty well; haven't seen it on sale much.

Is Wonderful 101 that much of a bomb? Haven't seen many copies of it though.

So I picked up a copy of black ops 2 at shoppers. Can I return the black ops I ordered from Best Buy online if it is unopened for a full refund? I only ask this because I'm curious if their return policy also applies to their used games. The policy on the site doesn't mention anything, so I assume I'm alright to return it unopened when it arrives in the mail?

On a side note, is shoppers purging their Wii u stock altogether? sure looked that way in the store...

Sora_N

So I picked up a copy of black ops 2 at shoppers. Can I return the black ops I ordered from Best Buy online if it is unopened for a full refund? I only ask this because I'm curious if their return policy also applies to their used games. The policy on the site doesn't mention anything, so I assume I'm alright to return it unopened when it arrives in the mail?

On a side note, is shoppers purging their Wii u stock altogether? sure looked that way in the store...

Yes you can return used games if they're unopened.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

lol, I just bought it at EB too. Guess I gotta slink in to return it at some point.
(It's how I discovered the new EB card program, actually).

Lexxism

At a shoppers right now, Wii u still listed at $350. Haha, awful.

That probably depends on the stor or did you ask them to check the price? Probably the price tag is $350 but it is $300 on their database.

edit: I remember someone was asking if the Zelda 3DS XL will come to Canada. I think this US gamestop black friday flyer pretty much confirm that the bundle will come to NA.

rloL565l.jpg

soultron

Banned
what city are you in? Was in a shoppers DT in Vancouver today and they had a PS3 and a Vita for sale

Downtown Toronto. I checked about 7 stores this week in total (on my way home from work over a few days) and can't find anything except from 360 bundles and the occasional WiiU. It's kind of barren right now.

That probably depends on the stor or did you ask them to check the price? Probably the price tag is $350 but it is $300 on their database.

edit: I remember someone was asking if the Zelda 3DS XL will come to Canada. I think this US gamestop black friday flyer pretty much confirm that the bundle will come to NA.

So tempted. That LM2 bundle is a really good deal too. Is it a special colour or design?

So tempted. That LM2 bundle is a really good deal too. Is it a special colour or design?

You may already know this but that's the Black Friday flyer for Gamestop US. It's not a Canadian price (though there's a decent chance EBGames will do the same during Black Friday/Boxing Day as that doesn't seem like a crazy price).

Hey CanuckGAF, any deals on PS3s right now? Both of my daughters want one for Christmas for their new apartments... I'm hoping to find a 250GB bundle for $199 or something somewhere...

and thanks to whoever posted the Consumers catalog... love the prices! and people complain about $60 AAA games today...

krae_man

Hey CanuckGAF, any deals on PS3s right now? Both of my daughters want one for Christmas for their new apartments... I'm hoping to find a 250GB bundle for $199 or something somewhere...

and thanks to whoever posted the Consumers catalog... love the prices! and people complain about $60 AAA games today...

This is your best bundle. Uncharted 3 and a year of plus and 250gb for $250.

Well Unless you happen to get super lucky with finding a store that has one of these lying around.

You could also wait and see what kind of Black Friday deals Canadian retailers do.

Anth0ny

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

it's so beautiful. But I already have 3 3DS'. One of them is a Zelda 3DS!

; _ ;

Razdek

Banned
Got my Crimson Dragon order cancelled by Futureshop as they said it was unavailable which is true since it's now a downloadable game but they wouldn't let me switch it out for another game. I got this on the E3 special where it was $40 a game. Is there anything I can do about it or has anyone experienced the same issue before?

Riptwo

Got my Crimson Dragon order cancelled by Futureshop as they said it was unavailable which is true since it's now a downloadable game but they wouldn't let me switch it out for another game. I got this on the E3 special where it was $40 a game. Is there anything I can do about it or has anyone experienced the same issue before?
This happened to me a few times with the 2012 E3 deals, where I'd preorder a product that would eventually turn out to be a digital only release. I'd generally order a different game on the site, contact customer service by phone with both order numbers, and they'd apply the credit to my new order. Not sure if they've changed the system, but I can verify that it worked for me in the past.

Greyvvolf

Thanks for the info! I will definitely be buying this on Black Friday. I remember seeing the Zelda 3DS last Black Friday and I thought that they would be available to buy later. I tried to buy one a week later and they were nowhere to be found, in Canada at least. I won't be making that mistake again.

i-Jest

This is your best bundle. Uncharted 3 and a year of plus and 250gb for $250.

Well Unless you happen to get super lucky with finding a store that has one of these lying around.

You could also wait and see what kind of Black Friday deals Canadian retailers do.

Not as cheap or has as much space but there is also this: https://pricematters.ca/p-8445-ps3-slim-250gb-little-big-planet-karting-move-bundle.aspx

If your dead set on that Assassins Creed bundle then you can order here (not cheap though): http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110098

EDIT:

Downtown Toronto. I checked about 7 stores this week in total (on my way home from work over a few days) and can't find anything except from 360 bundles and the occasional WiiU. It's kind of barren right now.

There's a SDM at Keele and St.Clair (620 Keele Street; old Stockyard district). Found a couple Vita's on display there. I think I also saw a PS3.

Stop reminding me about the fact that I paid $40 for Pandora's Tower at release, only to have it on my shelf as usual. :(

Zelda 3DS XL is so mine.

That was me, thanks so much for posting. Pre-ordering as soon as I can. Looks gorgeous

explodet

Queen's Quay is the place to be for video game events, I guess.
I'm pretty sure the prices at that restaurant are more than they should be, though.

Queen's Quay is the place to be for video game events, I guess.
I'm pretty sure the prices at that restaurant are more than they should be, though.

AC3 was in the distillery district

I've been meaning to check out the Amsterdam Brewing place so I may go, if my GF wants to check it out after we go to the Leaf game

I should probably check out the PS4 in person before I spend all that money on it :p

Top Bottom