• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

khaaan

Not much of a deal but places seem to have 4 GB Vita memory cards $5 off their $15 pricepoint. Futureshop and Best Buy have it for $9.95, Amazon for $8.95. Not much you can do with 4 Gigs though...

MDSLKTR

So... whoever preordered games during the E3 promo at futureshop. Did anyone had luck switching their watch dogs preorder? If it's a pain in the ass I might cancel it altogether and buy my games with the console.

Lexxism

So... whoever preordered games during the E3 promo at futureshop. Did anyone had luck switching their watch dogs preorder? If it's a pain in the ass I might cancel it altogether and buy my games with the console.

Does anyone know if I can change my order at best buy, since watch dogs got delayed till spring?

I did not pre-order watch_dog but I had the same situation with Pokemon. I ordered Y last E3 and I asked if they can change my order to X. They said that they can't change my order to X since I already ordered it.

MDSLKTR

I did not pre-order watch_dog but I had the same situation with Pokemon. I ordered Y last E3 and I asked if they can change my order to X. They said that they can't change my order to X since I already ordered it.

thanks just canceled it

20x Optimum Points if you spend >$50 @ SDM on Wednesday 16 October.
Can someone explain how this works please?

Let's say I a get a 3DS XL for $180; how much will it eventually end up to be after redeeming those points?

I was thinking about getting it the previous 20x day; but didn't know how much the points are worth. Now I was thinking of getting a refurbished 3DS from the nintendo store; will end up 122 after everything and will have warranty as well.

Lexxism

Can someone explain how this works please?

Let's say I a get a 3DS XL for $180; how much will it eventually end up to be after redeeming those points?

I was thinking about getting it the previous 20x day; but didn't know how much the points are worth. Now I was thinking of getting a refurbished 3DS from the nintendo store; will end up 122 after everything and will have warranty as well.

Basically, $1 = 10 pts. Since its a x20 event, it's going to be $1 = 200 pts. So, $180 * 200 = 36000 pts.

POINTS REQUIRED REWARD VALUE
8,000 = $10
22,000 = $30
38,000 = $60
50,000 = $85
95,000 = $170

There are some cases that the 50k points is equivalent to $100 while 95k is $210.

Basically, $1 = 10 pts. Since its a x20 event, it's going to be $1 = 200 pts. So, $180 * 200 = 36000 pts.

POINTS REQUIRED REWARD VALUE
8,000 = $10
22,000 = $30
38,000 = $60
50,000 = $85
95,000 = $170

There are some cases that the 50k points is equivalent to $100 while 95k is $210.
Thx; so if I buy a game with it, say for $20, it's going eventually cost $140 [assuming it's $180 from what I remember, and they have it in stock in Saskatoon; the last time I checked it was just sold out lol].

Do they apply it before the tax, or after the tax?

edit: it's the coupon; say's the points will be added on 23rd; interesting
http://images.email.shoppersoptimum...ct14/Coupon-20x-Oct16-se.pdf?Category=Optimum

Chatin

Well I didn't get X/Y, today. Thank you, terrific Canadian postal service!

And it looks like I'll have to decide on something else to pick up at PS4 launch since Watch Dogs is all I had ordered.

frequency

I guess I should give up on Rune Factory 4 from FutureShop?

I ordered it with a discount so I'm pretty unhappy they're not going to fulfill. And it really makes me question all the other niche pre-orders I have with them now. This is really disappointing.

zroid

Banned
I guess I should give up on Rune Factory 4 from FutureShop?

I ordered it with a discount so I'm pretty unhappy they're not going to fulfill. And it really makes me question all the other niche pre-orders I have with them now. This is really disappointing.

don't give up yet, with XSEED it's possible you'll get it 3 weeks after its release. that's what happened to me with Last Story.

Gadirok

Well I didn't get X/Y, today. Thank you, terrific Canadian postal service!

And it looks like I'll have to decide on something else to pick up at PS4 launch since Watch Dogs is all I had ordered.

I was quite shocked at the announcement given how much coverage they were giving it as a PS4 launch title.

Nevertheless, I think its for the best. As launch drew closer I began to lose more and more interest until it completely dropped for me once I tried out GTA V and completed it.

I'm actually more interested in Assassins Creed 4, though not as a PS4 title. Just overall looking forward to AC4 and how it turns out.

Only PS4 launch title I'm getting is killzone though. Driveclub on the free side, and I'll pick up Resogun on launch day as well for however much it is.

frequency

don't give up yet, with XSEED it's possible you'll get it 3 weeks after its release. that's what happened to me with Last Story.

Hmm alright. Thank you. I know you've said weeks late before for Last Story but I didn't think that late! But I'll keep waiting. It's not like I have a shortage of other things to play. But I am a little worried if it sells out at EBGames I just won't get it.

Though I guess I can import if that happens. It'll just cost more.

Smo21

Well no Pokémon tonight. I hate when the mail man doesn't even try to do his job. How are you gonna leave a note, I was home all damn day.

zroid

Banned
Hmm alright. Thank you. I know you've said weeks late before for Last Story but I didn't think that late! But I'll keep waiting. It's not like I have a shortage of other things to play. But I am a little worried if it sells out at EBGames I just won't get it.

Though I guess I can import if that happens. It'll just cost more.

Yeah the wait for TLS was excruciating. :p

What you could do though is buy a copy from EB now and hang onto it for insurance; return it if the FS copy arrives.

There's always the....

*insert scary music*

the eShop!

dun dun dun

don't be silly! we need dem carts.

ohlawd

don't be silly! we need dem carts.

Delaying the inevitable when errthing becomes digital. FO SHAME.

yo guys does it take a day for my PS store purchases to show up in mah transaction list? Gotta get dat $10 promo.

edit: bah they did update my transaction history. They put it on the top instead of the bottom of the list; who the heck does this? >_<

Futureshop is really taking their time with shipping my Pokemon e3 preorder, anyone here east coast or specifically New Brunswick who hasn't gotten a shipping update?

StevieP

Banned
Has anyone come across any Canadian deals on BF4 premium PC? I saw some US-only ones a couple weeks back but nothing from Canada as far as I could tell.

L Thammy

http://www.ebgames.ca/ds/games/pokemon-black-version-2/313217

XrLwCEF.png

Guess we know the new Pokemon game for 2014. Is this normal?

i-Jest

Any catch to MTF/Price Matters? Refurb units? Didn't see it anywhere but that price has me suspicious.

There was no mention of the this products condition. Still waiting to hear back from the guy that ordered the Zombi U bundle from Price Matters.

This thread is AMAZING. I just saw the coupon for Shoppers Optimum points. Picked up a Wii U Deluxe (300), Pro controller (50), NSMBWiiU (60), and Arkham City (20) for $430 plus tax (Ontario). With the coupon, I got 90,300 points, just a few thousand shy of the $170 Shoppers coupon. I'm going to pick up a few PS4 games next month with that!

This thread is AMAZING. I just saw the coupon for Shoppers Optimum points. Picked up a Wii U Deluxe (300), Pro controller (50), NSMBWiiU (60), and Arkham City (20) for $430 plus tax (Ontario). With the coupon, I got 90,300 points, just a few thousand shy of the $170 Shoppers coupon. I'm going to pick up a few PS4 games next month with that!
Don't forget to wait for a Spend Your Points Day, where you'll get $200 - $220 instead of $170.

Kalren

Don't forget to wait for a Spend Your Points Day, where you'll get $200 - $220 instead of $170.

THIS! If you limit your shopping to 20x the point days you really can come out ahead. My redemptions have included 2 PS3s, a 3DS XL, Baby items, and other general items as well. But I only redeem when they have their Spend your points days. That extra $30-50 makes a difference.

soultron

Banned

Can't decide on Vita or WiiU for today. I already own KZ: Mercenaries since I've been looking forward to buying a Vita for quite some time, so I'm leaning towards the Vita today.

Can't decide on Vita or WiiU for today. I already own KZ: Mercenaries since I've been looking forward to buying a Vita for quite some time, so I'm leaning towards the Vita today.

Depends on what you are looking for to play. There is a sale on for atlus games right now so you can pick up a bunch of SMT psp games to play.

Doritos and Pepsi/Mountain Dew are giving away Xbox Ones for the next 2 months every hour (between noon and midnight EST) if you get codes again

Didnt see it mentioned yet.

soultron

Banned
Depends on what you are looking for to play. There is a sale on for atlus games right now so you can pick up a bunch of SMT psp games to play.

I wish I had the time for more SMT. I'm still chugging through SMT4. :)

I might pick up the Vita today and wait for another 20x event for the WiiU.

zroid

Banned
Anyone get shipping notifications for their Pokémon guides? Chapters has the release date pushed back a week, and Amazon says shipping in 1-4 months. Not a good sign... :(

UberTag

Anyone get shipping notifications for their Pokémon guides? Chapters has the release date pushed back a week, and Amazon says shipping in 1-4 months. Not a good sign... :(
Given the fact that GameStop US is reporting stock and EBGames has no defined date, I'm inclined to think this is another one of those French-language translation snafus that could have us waiting for quite a while. We'll probably need to wait a week or two while some bilingual cover gets printed or some such nonsense.

Top Bottom