• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

ohlawd

ahaha holy shit if it's actually between 1-4 months.

If I knew that, I wouldn't have bothered posting about it. Sorry, guys. I'll keep my order I guess. I mean, 11 bucks for occasional reading isn't so bad. At least it's bound to be colorful.

Megasoum

Banned
Anyone interested in an iPad 3rd Generation with Retina Display?

It is 64GB with WiFi and comes with the following:
-Red Smart Case
-Blue Leather Smart Cover
-AppleCare+ (Warranty until March 2014 - Accidental damage as well)
-HDMI connector

It's in perfect condition, it's been in the Smart Case since purchase.

I am asking $400. Reply or message me for further inquiries.

KJA

Are there any deals around for Nintendo Land? I bought a Wind Waker Bundle the other day and it would be nice to have another game to play.

Thanks!

i-Jest

Doritos and Pepsi/Mountain Dew are giving away Xbox Ones for the next 2 months every hour (between noon and midnight EST) if you get codes again

Didnt see it mentioned yet.

Worthy mention. Good luck to all who try their hand at it.

You guys think there's a good chance of this bundle coming to Canada? I want it very badly

http://linkshideaway.com/2013/10/15-uk-getting-a-link-between-worlds-special-edition-3ds-xl/

Again. NoE shits on NoA and NoC. I just want the Eevee 3DS to make it over here.

The link is not available already. Probably sold-out.

Lurked? Not surprised.

Dunno if this was mentionned here but if you go on the French version of the Futureshop site, the special edition Pokemon 3DSXL are described as "Nintendo 3DS XL WITH Pokemon X & Y - Red Edition"... It's in the title and in the description.

Might be worth a try, not sure if they have to honor it tho

http://www.futureshop.ca/fr-CA/product/nintendo-3ds-nintendo-3ds-xl-avec-pokemon-x-y-edition-rouge-3ds/10266231.aspx?path=5362226e77994ab0c0ea39bcc20ada84fr02&lang=en-CA&pcname=&sku=10266231

Also worth a mention. Good find. Not exactly interested but good find. Any chance the bundle can be priced matched?

Pricematters.ca right? Let us know how it all works out. I'm considering going that route myself.

Just ordered a Wii U 32GB Ziombi U Deluxe edition console (Zombi U, Nintendoland, and pro controller included) for $269.99. It is a "re-certified" console (refurbished) one, but that price can't be beat. At a regular price that's like 130 bucks in saving. Even if I go out and pick up wind waker for for full price, that's like paying $320 and getting Zombi U, Nintendoland, and the pro controler for 20 bucks.

Hope it works!

It arrived at the store and I picked it up today. So far so good. There are no Wii U or Zombi U instruction manuals in the box, and the "special game art" or whatever from Zombi U is not in the box, but that's pretty much the only thing missing. There is someone else's Mii on it (from whoever returned it to Costco I suppose?), but I just made my own Nintendo Network ID, so I guess that doesn't really matter.

I was mostly worried that the downloadable NintendoLand would have been jacked, but apparently Nintendo made them tied to the console and not a DLC card like Microsoft does, so Nintendoland is intact.

As for the physical console, there are some scratches on the top, the type you get if you were to rub it across something, but they're very faint and not noticeable if you simply look at the console sitting beside the TV. On a side note, the console is very quiet compared to the 360 it is sitting beside.

So far I'm impressed, a great value considering the current price of the Wii U and how much I don't want to pay 49.99 for a Pro controller.

So now I beg the question, what games should I be searching for deals on? I ordered Call of Duty Black Ops II for $26.00 when Best Buy was having that used game sale since I want to play the game without paying for online services. Otherwise, I'm thinking that Boxing Day will be where it's at...

Anth0ny

So now I beg the question, what games should I be searching for deals on? I ordered Call of Duty Black Ops II for $26.00 when Best Buy was having that used game sale since I want to play the game without paying for online services. Otherwise, I'm thinking that Boxing Day will be where it's at...

Currently released Wii U exclusives worth playing:

Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U

Games that will likely never go down in price:

Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U

w101 is going to be in the $9.99 bomba bin by boxing day ; _ ;

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Lego City Undercover is very good and I think you can find it for $20 somewhere (I don't remember where...).

ZombiU is also the best WiiU launch title and still one of the best games on the system. Since it's a Ubisoft game, it can probably be found for less than $20 now.

Currently released Wii U exclusives worth playing:

Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U

Games that will likely never go down in price:

Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U

w101 is going to be in the $9.99 bomba bin by boxing day ; _ ;

I'm waiting for MTF to restock their Wii U games... NSBMWU was 19.99 at one point... I talked to the manager one of the stores and he slowly answered, "check back closer to Christmas." I'm gonna be holding him to that...

W101 will be the next Metroid Other M/Sin & Punishment - they're going for under ten bucks new these days...
Lego City Undercover is very good and I think you can find it for $20 somewhere (I don't remember where...).

ZombiU is also the best WiiU launch title and still one of the best games on the system. Since it's a Ubisoft game, it can probably be found for less than $20 now.

it was included with my Deluxe system, so I plan on firing it up this weekend after work :D

FrsDvl

So I orderd beyond two souls at bestbuy yesterday, it said order within the next 2 hours for same day shipping. My card was charged yesterday. And I still haven't received any shipping confirmation or whatsoever.

Now I don't order online with them often, but is this normal? Since we're going into 2 days later without shipping, even though they stated that they would've shipped it out yesterday, since I ordered within the time frame they gave me.

i-Jest

It arrived at the store and I picked it up today. So far so good. There are no Wii U or Zombi U instruction manuals in the box, and the "special game art" or whatever from Zombi U is not in the box, but that's pretty much the only thing missing. There is someone else's Mii on it (from whoever returned it to Costco I suppose?), but I just made my own Nintendo Network ID, so I guess that doesn't really matter.

I was mostly worried that the downloadable NintendoLand would have been jacked, but apparently Nintendo made them tied to the console and not a DLC card like Microsoft does, so Nintendoland is intact.

As for the physical console, there are some scratches on the top, the type you get if you were to rub it across something, but they're very faint and not noticeable if you simply look at the console sitting beside the TV. On a side note, the console is very quiet compared to the 360 it is sitting beside.

So far I'm impressed, a great value considering the current price of the Wii U and how much I don't want to pay 49.99 for a Pro controller.

So expect what you would from a perfectly functioning used product? Thanks for reporting your findings. I had to know in case I was interested in purchasing something from them down the line.

Wii U games are $20 at Shoppers. Black Ops, Batman, AC3, Lego City.

ZombiU has held its value pretty well; haven't seen it on sale much.

Is Wonderful 101 that much of a bomb? Haven't seen many copies of it though.

The times are all wrong (10 pm - 6 pm ?!?), but I guess they'll fix them soon.

What in the hell... how is it that I'm in London from the 21st-23rd because my daughter is having surgery at Sick Kids and those are the only days there isn't a station up.

Oh well, at least it's not a PS4 kiosk.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If it's scheduled, that means it should be going out. A tracking number should appear today.
(ie, you can't cancel it).

Also, maybe I'm LTTP, but I'm surprised that EB games launched a new Edge card program similar to the one in Europe. Now it's all tiered with "levels" and the annual fee is 15 dollars instead of 5... but they do give you a Game Informer subscription this time around. lol

Anyone interested in an iPad 3rd Generation with Retina Display?

It is 64GB with WiFi and comes with the following:
-Red Smart Case
-Blue Leather Smart Cover
-AppleCare+ (Warranty until March 2014 - Accidental damage as well)
-HDMI connector

It's in perfect condition, it's been in the Smart Case since purchase.

I am asking $400. Reply or message me for further inquiries.

Anyone interested? I will pay for shipping within Ontario.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm, Pokemon guide is back to Oct 16 release date at Chapters, but it's saying ships in 1-2 weeks. Assuming this means they changed the release date back because they got word from the publisher that it's coming soon.

Also, Amazon has changed its price to $16 again.

RS4-

Bring back Consumers.

I do remember buying UMK3 from a video rental store as soon as it came out when I was kid out for school lunch.

Straight up gave them $100 US I think.

Goddamn. The Magic School Bus for $90? And people complain about game prices in 2013. That'd be like $120 with inflation. No wonder my parents mostly stuck with renting games for me back then.

Makes me wonder how I got my dad to buy me Earthbound, we barely bought any games and that was obviously the most expensive.

soultron

Banned
Anyone in Toronto know the best spot to get electronics from SDM? Need to know a more reliable spot since I couldn't land anything yesterday during the 20x event. :(

Checked Coxwell and 2 SDMs on Bathurst (1 near Ryoji, other near Sneaky Dee's) for a Vita last night and couldn't find one. The Coxwell location was the only location with WiiUs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone in Toronto know the best spot to get electronics from SDM? Need to know a more reliable spot since I couldn't land anything yesterday during the 20x event. :(

Checked Coxwell and 2 SDMs on Bathurst (1 near Ryoji, other near Sneaky Dee's) for a Vita last night and couldn't find one. The Coxwell location was the only location with WiiUs.
The ones downtown tend to have stuff, like the one attached to the Eaton Center.

Lexxism

Don't forget guys! This is for tomorrow!

CgqlWre.png

You can get a WiiU for $240!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
iirc the "max" discount for these kinds of things is $50, so you'll get it for $250

Normally, but when I bought my WiiU with that (2 weeks after launch!), I got something like $80 off even if it wasn't supposed to exceed $50...!

Dazzler

Has anyone been along to the XBone tour at FS/BB yet?

I'm thinking of heading along after work and curious as to how it's working

Firestorm

Dammit. I missed the sale last time because I was moving and now I'm in California for another week. I would buy a WiiU Zelda bundle for $240.

Top Bottom