• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Gears of War Judgement, BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed 3 are all $30 at wal-mart this week.

Great deals! I have to stop buying game day 1... even at 39.99$ with Tsilon I end up screwed... did not have time to open Bioshock or Tomb Raider yet... Why do I have so much trouble waiting? I feel so stupid haha!

I did not get around cancelling Last of Us at 39.99$ yet... I know I will not have the time to play it, I know it will probably be at 30$ somewhere in the next months... must... cancel...

zroid

Banned
I learned my lesson a couple years ago to never buy AAA games unless I'm going to be playing them immediately. Price drops too fast, and availability is too great.

Even with tsilon $40 deals, it just isn't worth it.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I learned my lesson a couple years ago to never buy AAA games unless I'm going to be playing them immediately. Price drops too fast, and availability is too great.

Even with tsilon $40 deals, it just isn't worth it.

Unless it's Metal Gear related I don't buy games unless they are $29.99. I have no problem picking up Beyond: Two Souls for $39.99 though or South Park. Can't wait for those.

Looks like we're being saddled with the same extreme time limitations for the Wii U E3 demos as the Americans.

The games will be playable 4-8 p.m. local time on Wednesday, June 12, and 1-5 p.m. local time on Saturday, June 15.
hah! That's absurd; will attend nonetheless though :D

Wow there are more of us than I thought! And yeah I'm pretty excited to see what the demos are. Hoping for an X one!
Add one more :D

I wished they had stations at FS too, it's much closer to me errrr

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like we're being saddled with the same extreme time limitations for the Wii U E3 demos as the Americans.

The games will be playable 4-8 p.m. local time on Wednesday, June 12, and 1-5 p.m. local time on Saturday, June 15.

Good thing Uni is done and all the High School people will be in school. I'm gonna go early lol.

Weird and stupid question, but does anyone have any idea who I would call to put a hookup valve on my natural gas BBQ line?

Ive got an apartment with a natural gas BBQ line out on the balcony, but for some stupid fucking reason it doesnt have a hookup valve on the end to actually be able to connect my BBQ, haha.

krae_man

Weird and stupid question, but does anyone have any idea who I would call to put a hookup valve on my natural gas BBQ line?

Ive got an apartment with a natural gas BBQ line out on the balcony, but for some stupid fucking reason it doesnt have a hookup valve on the end to actually be able to connect my BBQ, haha.

Try looking up natural gas stove repairmen or whatever. Regardless you are going to need to hire someone with a license to work on natural gas lines.

Try looking up natural gas stove repairmen or whatever. Regardless you are going to need to hire someone with a license to work on natural gas lines.

Hmm, so just a independant type person, or small business.

I wonder what some good ones are in Edmonton.

bryehn

Hey guys I'm looking for the 360S Kinect adapter (looked like a small USB extender). I'm ditching my OG 360 Elite and seem to have lost/thrown out the adapter, which is strange because I have boxes full of stuff like that.

It's not actually needed to function as far as I know, but would be nice to free up an outlet.

I'll try EB, but frankly not expecting much luck. Anyways if anyone can help out I'll shoot you 10 bucks through PayPal or something to cover shipping to Ottawa.

Sears? wtf, haha. They arent who I would have thought of first.

Do they do random stuff like that? or just when you buy stuff from them?

Why not just call your super? They probably charge for the gas hook-up per year and only give adapters to tenants that pay.

krae_man

Sears? wtf, haha. They arent who I would have thought of first.

Do they do random stuff like that? or just when you buy stuff from them?

They sell appliances and offer a repair service. It was just a starting point suggestion.

I found a website:

www.sears.ca/Repairs

Why not just call your super? They probably charge for the gas hook-up per year and only give adapters to tenants that pay.

Yeah that makes more sense. Call the super.

Hey guys I'm looking for the 360S Kinect adapter (looked like a small USB extender). I'm ditching my OG 360 Elite and seem to have lost/thrown out the adapter, which is strange because I have boxes full of stuff like that.

It's not actually needed to function as far as I know, but would be nice to free up an outlet.

I'll try EB, but frankly not expecting much luck. Anyways if anyone can help out I'll shoot you 10 bucks through PayPal or something to cover shipping to Ottawa.

Do you mean the USB power and plug adapter to use it on non-slim 360s?

Its a condo, I own the place, so I dont really have a 'super'. I did talk to the condo board leader and they told me I needed to contact Atco, and Atco told me to contact someone else, haha.

They sell appliances and offer a repair service. It was just a starting point suggestion.

I found a website:

www.sears.ca/Repairs

Ok cool, it just really threw me off when you said Sears for some reason, haha.

I will give them a shout, thank you!

krae_man

Yeah no problem. Just don't have a handyman friend or a under the table guy do it. You can't cut costs with gas lines unless you want to go ka-boom.

Regardless of what you said about Calgary, they said it's not on the website and that's true it's not on their website!

Really weird, isnt it in the flier?

Oh wait, I actually did my trade in at FS, I forgot. BB and FS are pretty much right beside each other in South Edmonton Common, so I mix them up sometimes.

KorrZ

Wow, what? They actually have the Nintendo E3 demos coming to Windsor? Didn't expect that they'd actually come here. Awesome.

My XB1/PS4 fund is up to 220 dollars in FS gift cards, 120 of that from trading in 3 games this week :)

Unfortunately I am now out of tradeable games, but it was a good generation overall thanks to Tsilon

My XB1/PS4 fund is up to 220 dollars in FS gift cards, 120 of that from trading in 3 games this week :)

Unfortunately I am now out of tradeable games, but it was a good generation overall thanks to Tsilon

Mine just started today with 80$ in FS GC, traded both BLOPS2 for PS3 and 360 for 40$ each after I got denied at BB!

Just got an email from Nintendo about the animal crossing 3DS XL limited edition, exclusive to BB, 219$
I'd love one but with next gen consoles around the corner I'm not sure I should buy it.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/id/10204332.aspx?om_rid=AAEF-W&om_mid=_BRp9LtB8y2P8gP

Is there any way to check if you've completed any challenges and does Tsilon still send out codes? I requested one for TLoU, but haven't received anything.

At least you still have a few months until the new systems are out. That gives you some time to build up your fund.

zroid

Banned
My PS4 fund is Optimum points, lol. I was planning to use them on a Wii U, but when SDM didn't stock the deluxe model at launch, I broke down and got it from FS.

I'll be rather more patient with the PS4, so I'll hold onto my points until they have them in stock, and possibly wait till a bonus redemption as well.

Is there any way to check if you've completed any challenges and does Tsilon still send out codes? I requested one for TLoU, but haven't received anything.

Tsilon will send you an email when you finish a challenge, TLoU codes were being sent out for a long time now, make sure they're not depleted!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Click on the bars to the left of your level to see details of your profile, including how many challenges you've completed.

cvDdwxC.png

Here's mine.

That may seem like a lot of perks obtained but I gave away a lot of them here on GAF. CinemaNow! :lol

DaBoss

Gonna get Halo 4 at that price. Cheers.

Is this a bad idea having only played Halo 1 on PC? lol

Well it is the first game in a new trilogy. There are going to be references to the original trilogy, but you most likely won't miss out on anything.

I feel multiplayer is the bread and butter of the series and found it lackluster compared to the other games.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Canada-GAF, I fucked myself over so badly today: I wanted to take advantage of the "trade one get a $40 gift card" at Future Shop, so instead of claiming my pre-order for DKCR 3D at EB games, I put that money towards MH3U to get the CN coins and just trade it in at FS later.

Well, turns out Manitoban laws make no fucking sense as FS wouldn't take my game because video game trade-ins are forbidden in here. To avoid losing my money (I tried the Monster Hunter demo and the controls were atrocious), I had to send the game to my family in BC thorugh express post (had to pay like $10), and I'm crossing my fingers that the game reaches them before the promo expires. Otherwise, I'm gonna be stuck with a game I didn't even want in the first place. FML

TL;DR: Manitoba is stupid

Awww yeah Canada Post. The package took a day to arrive and my family made the trade ins for me. I paid more than I hoped for but got what I wanted in the end. Now, I'm 150 CN coins from platinum status. Is it worth it? What have been previous rewards for Platinum status members?

frequency

Has anyone ever preordered or purchased anything at Future Shop that had a "$10 off a purchase in the next month" promotion? I preordered both Donkey Kong and Resident Evil and they both had that promotion. But I never got an email with a code.

Was I supposed to get emails with codes? Or does that come in June? When I try to talk to Future Shop about it they just keep telling me to wait while they investigate. They've told me to "wait 2 business days while we investigate your missing codes" like 3 times or something now.

Firestorm

Has anyone ever preordered or purchased anything at Future Shop that had a "$10 off a purchase in the next month" promotion? I preordered both Donkey Kong and Resident Evil and they both had that promotion. But I never got an email with a code.

Was I supposed to get emails with codes? Or does that come in June? When I try to talk to Future Shop about it they just keep telling me to wait while they investigate. They've told me to "wait 2 business days while we investigate your missing codes" like 3 times or something now.
Make a post on their forums? I did that when I hadn't gotten codes forever and got an answer from them. Seemed I was on their do not send list due to unsubscribing from a newsletter. The person said I should get the emails but not newsletters, but I'm getting both now... Don't wanna mess things up so I just deal with their weekly spam.

Click on the bars to the left of your level to see details of your profile, including how many challenges you've completed.

cvDdwxC.png

Here's mine.

That may seem like a lot of perks obtained but I gave away a lot of them here on GAF. CinemaNow! :lol

I used cinemanow 2 weeks ago, I needed to watch the last 2 episodes of Homeland season 1, amazingly the code from tsilon was still good

Trade-ins also aren't accepted in Vaughan, Richmond Hill and I think Markham
There are by-laws prohibiting pawn shops

MarkusRJR

Is the Animal Crossing 3DSXL worth 220$?
What do you guys think? I just can't get it out of my mind -_-
Me too! I wanna get it and sell my launch 3DS XL, but I have a black Wii U and it'd look weird in my set up (they're right beside each other in an all black entertainment center). Plus, I'm worried about getting a few dead pixels and being fucked when there are no replacements since it's an LE console.

iphys

Is the Animal Crossing 3DSXL worth 220$?
What do you guys think? I just can't get it out of my mind -_-

I'd say worth it if you were planning to get both an XL and AC, but the design isn't really so amazing if you already have an XL or a regular 3DS that you are happy with. Plus, there are often deals on the XL that would make it effectively cheaper to get a regular XL instead.

Top Bottom