• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Hopefully that platinum reward is better than last year's cards (I still like the Mario and company statuette from a few years back).

I'll have to pick up Animal Crossing if I can't get my hands on a Mario U copy with a valid code, I went on a redeeming frenzy last week and ended up 10 points short. I did have an extra copy of Mario Kart 7 that I know I hadn't redeemed, but I guess you can't register multiple copies of the same game on one Club Nintendo account? It doesn't even give an error message like when you enter a duplicate code, just dumps you back to the entry screen.

You can setup separate family members on the same Club Nintendo account to register the same product separate times. They will have a separate login but the points will accumulate towards one pot.

woooooooooooow

that is definitely a mistake. nintendo games don't drop in price unless they omega bomba like other m.

oh.

The Future Shop I was in had a label for $14.99 on shelf for NSMBU used. And both FS + Best Buy updated with this offer.

That's one hell of an error. I have one copy that I picked up in store and another that is shipping to me that is going to a friend who is picking up a Wii U today.

DJ_Lae

You can setup separate family members on the same Club Nintendo account to register the same product separate times. They will have a separate login but the points will accumulate towards one pot.

Nice, thanks. I'll have to try that after work, I figured there must have been a way.

I could register my wife's 3DS as well but I figured I'd save those points for next year.

Kazerei

Banned
Has the FS/BB trade-in list ever changed mid-week? I'm hoping to beat NSMBU this weekend and then trade it in while it still qualifies for the T2 for $60 deal.

Mupod

Bah, if the NSMBU thing happened two days ago I could've gone and got it. I don't even like NSMB but it'd be something local multiplayer that isn't nintendoland.

Still in stock at the sudbury FS though. Highly doubt it will be tomorrow when I can go.

Bah, if the NSMBU thing happened two days ago I could've gone and got it. I don't even like NSMB but it'd be something local multiplayer that isn't nintendoland.

Still in stock at the sudbury FS though. Highly doubt it will be tomorrow when I can go.

They're supposed to hold it for 48 hours with in store pickup.

Firestorm

Was at Future Shop to do a trade-in and try to grab NSMBU and saw this poster.

NQAuEBn.jpg

"Up to" might be worrisome but looks like the deal will be back!

zroid

Banned
Got my trade done. The best part was I used gift cards to buy NSMBU and Halo 4, so none of my own cash exchanged hands at any point. Just got an extra $27 or so added to my balance! :D

NSMBU came with a CN code too, hopefully it wasn't used :eek:

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

My guess: Pre-order 1 game = $10 off, 2 games = $15 off each, 3 games or more = $20 off each.

My guess: Pre-order 1 game = $10 off, 2 games = $15 off each, 3 games or more = $20 off each.

Yeah this makes sense! Still I find BB offer is a bit better except for the fact that there will be a slim chance to add a tsilon 20$ off code and get the game for 20$ lol. I don't know if that's applicable or not!

zroid

Banned
Hmmm, the wording is a bit funny though. It says "up to $20 if you pre-order 3+ games" implying you need to pre-order 3 games to get anything back. Might be they're going to include handheld games in the selection but discount them by 33% instead of $20.

Hmmm, the wording is a bit funny though. It says "up to $20 if you pre-order 3+ games" implying you need to pre-order 3 games to get anything back. Might be they're going to include handheld games in the selection but discount them by 33% instead of $20.

I guess we can get the details by their next week flyer!

isny

napkin dispenser
I still haven't signed up for TSILON, and would rather not. Should I still be good for this years E3 sale?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I still haven't signed up for TSILON, and would rather not. Should I still be good for this years E3 sale?
I don't see why you wouldn't be.

BTW why would you rather not be a part of tsilon? It's worked out great for all of us.

You should join, I will send you an invite if you need! (haha never succeeded at using any of my invites!)

You get access to pretty good perks without much work really. Most of the games perks are low level.

It pays off quite easily tbh, plus it's not so much of a hassle like you might think!
Ask for an invite if you need and many can help with that!

xCobalt

Where are you living? I'm in Ottawa and Chumleigh's has it for $18 used. (12 used for RDR vanilla, 9 for Undead Nightmares disc). There's a few of them elsewhere in Ontario--looks like one in Belleville, one in Peterborough, a few in Kingston...

I live in Hamilton. I'll probably stop by Walmart or Gamestop and see how much they have it for. Do you know if the DLC is on disc or are they codes? Wouldn't make much sense to buy them used in that case.

Luigi87

I live in Hamilton. I'll probably stop by Walmart or Gamestop and see how much they have it for. Do you know if the DLC is on disc or are they codes? Wouldn't make much sense to buy them used in that case.

Have you tried Overload Entertainment, on Barton?

Leeness

Off topic, but wondering if anyone could please give me a hand, I'm terrible with this stuff...

My PS3 hasn't been able to connect to my Internet the last couple of days (or it connects and then stops responding). It sees my wireless and knows it's there, but when trying to connect, it says it "can't obtain the IP".

:( I've tried unplugging my router, which has worked before when the signal got weak or anything, but it's not working this time. I even plugged it into the wired connection, and it kept it for a while...and then disconnected from it and couldn't get back on.

:(

Off topic, but wondering if anyone could please give me a hand, I'm terrible with this stuff...

My PS3 hasn't been able to connect to my Internet the last couple of days (or it connects and then stops responding). It sees my wireless and knows it's there, but when trying to connect, it says it "can't obtain the IP".

:( I've tried unplugging my router, which has worked before when the signal got weak or anything, but it's not working this time. I even plugged it into the wired connection, and it kept it for a while...and then disconnected from it and couldn't get back on.

:(

How about the rest of your devices?? Did you try connecting it to a personal hotspot of a smartphone if you have one?

Leeness

How about the rest of your devices?? Did you try connecting it to a personal hotspot of a smartphone if you have one?

Everything else is fine, it's just the PS3. :(

Just checked the computer that I have connected with the wire, it's fine too (not sure why the wired connection even dropped from the PS3...)

Edit: Wait, you meant trying my iPhone as a hotspot. It didn't find my iPhone when I turned it on. :/

zroid

Banned
My PS3 used to have problems connecting as well. A reliable solution for me was generally to configure its IP address manually.

Leeness

My PS3 used to have problems connecting as well. A reliable solution for me was generally to configure its IP address manually.

How do you do that?

I tried to enter the connection manually (router's name and password) and it did the same thing.

I'm really awful with Internet connection configuring other than plugging it in :(

How do you do that?

I tried to enter the connection manually (router's name and password) and it did the same thing.

I'm really awful with Internet connection configuring other than plugging it in :(

When you're entering the connection settings on your PS3, it will ask you if you want IP configuration automatic or manaul, you choose manual and enter an IP yourself, you will need to check another device to see the IP range. like see the IP address of your laptop and change the last number probably by putting a bigger number so if it's 11 or 20 put 50 or 70.
I don't know if I'm helping or not lol
But the fact that it didn't recognize your iphone might be a problem with your PS3 WiFi!

Leeness

When you're entering the connection settings on your PS3, it will ask you if you want IP configuration automatic or manaul, you choose manual and enter an IP yourself, you will need to check another device to see the IP range. like see the IP address of your laptop and change the last number probably by putting a bigger number so if it's 11 or 20 put 50 or 70.
But the fact that it didn't recognize your iphone might be a problem with your PS3 WiFi!

Well it's a router so it wants the router's name and password! :(

It's weird because it's a new PS3 and the Internet was working fine before and just a couple of days ago, it stopped. :(

Tagg9

God I hope that $20 deal applies to 3DS/Vita games again. So many cheap handheld games over the last year.

iphys

I think the FS deal is far better if you're getting $60 off three games rather than paying full price to get $60 toward future games at BB. FS deal is effectively 3 games for the price of 2, whereas BB is effectively 4 games for the price of 3. Also, you're not paying the taxes on that $60 off at FS, whereas at BB you'd be paying taxes on that $60 extra you spend up front and paying taxes on whatever you spend your RZ points on. The only way the BB deal is anywhere as good as the FS deal is if they later add an extra 800 RZ points to each game, but you can't count on that, and you'd still pay more taxes.

FYI, last year the Tsilon codes came after the E3 sales, so no hope of combining them, but it did help that you could place individual orders rather than having to order 3 games together, and the best part was we could use them on $40 games that weren't eligible for the original sale offers. Anyone that hasn't signed up for Tsilon yet should do so now, because you have to find a challenge to do before you're eligible for perks, so it's not as straightforward as it was last year, although I guess the invites at least make it far easier to sign up now, but even those can take a few days to process.

Leeness

Okay, now I see what you're saying. So I copied the settings off my iPhone (and changed the IP up to end in 50) and got:

And just looking at my connection settings...

Everything from IP to Secondary DNS came from my iPhone.

Anything wrong with it that you can see? I have no idea. :/

J-Man

Has anyone here used Xplornet satellite internet? What was the experience? Googling the name brings up mostly old reviews that set up the service as terrible. One recent review seems to suggest its ok.

I just moved to rural Quebec from downtown Ottawa (how I miss you Teksavvy). I may not be here that long, but I've been here a month and am using coffee shop internet out & 56k at home, and really want to get high speed internet. While I see the prices and cap space is terrible, Xplornet is the only high speed internet around that offers more than 10GB of usage.

FrsDvl

Everything from IP to Secondary DNS came from my iPhone

IPhone and ps3 have the same ip? Cause that would be the problem. Change 50 to a random number like 125 or something

Nevermind, should've read your post better, although it still wouldn't hurt to try

Leeness

IPhone and ps3 have the same ip? Cause that would be the problem. Change 50 to a random number like 125 or something

Nevermind, should've read your post better, although it still wouldn't hurt to try

Yeah, iPhone had 10, PS3 had 50. :(

Okay, now I see what you're saying. So I copied the settings off my iPhone (and changed the IP up to end in 50) and got:

And just looking at my connection settings...

Everything from IP to Secondary DNS came from my iPhone.

Anything wrong with it that you can see? I have no idea. :/

I can't see anything wrong but the fact that NAT Failed, this is because you have no Internet access.
Try these DNS:
Hopefully this will fix it.

Leeness

I can't see anything wrong but the fact that NAT Failed, this is because you have no Internet access.
Try these DNS:
Hopefully this will fix it.

Omg, I went to go try these, turned the PS3 on, and it signed in :O

I won't touch it for now again, but if it drops, I'll keep this post. Thank you so much for your help, and everyone else! :)

Omg, I went to go try these, turned the PS3 on, and it signed in :O

I won't touch it for now again, but if it drops, I'll keep this post. Thank you so much for your help, and everyone else! :)

haha I'm glad you got it working and hopefully won't drop again.

BTW do you guys know when junior members get promoted to regular members? I hate being Junior lol

Top Bottom