• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Ondore

Best Buy flyer: Nothing major... $19.99 games listed are PSASBR, Dance Central, Kinect Sports 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
$39.99 games: NHL13, FIFA 13, Tiger Woods 14, Dead Island Riptide, Black Ops 2, Gears of War Judgment, God of War Ascension, Forza Horizon
Deluxe WiiU includes Mario Galaxy
250GB PS3 includes MGS4
250GB 360 includes Halo 4

FutureShop: $20 Halo 4 as mentioned earlier, $20 Tekken Tag 2, 12mo Live for $40 and the 250GB 360 includes Halo 4, Gears of War Judgment and a download code for Halo Reach.

zorbsie

Will FS price match the WM price for infinite and Judgement? I went to the WalMart.ca site and it says only available online. Will that screw me over? I've got 120 in GC at FS I wouldn't mind using towards those two.

Edit: Infinite is already out of stock, thanks RFD. Boooo

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Will FS price match the WM price for infinite and Judgement? I went to the WalMart.ca site and it says only available online. Will that screw me over? I've got 120 in GC at FS I wouldn't mind using towards those two.

Bioshock Infinite is also $30 at Futureshop according to their website. Still wondering if I should get it now or wait for a further drop...

Future Shop claim they'll match any price from a Canadian source, so if it's on the website, you should be fine. That said, if you're dealing with someone who's especially picky, they might insist on calling the nearest Walmart to see if they have the games in stock at that price. Obviously, the online price should be all that matters, but it will depend on the person you're dealing with.

zorbsie

Bioshock Infinite is also $30 at Futureshop according to their website. Still wondering if I should get it now or wait for a further drop...

lol. I feel so stupid now. I didn't get a FS flyer so I assumed the prices there hadn't changed. I setup a store pick up, we'll see if that goes through.

EDIT: Pick up order went through. Off to go both.

Kazerei

Banned
I love you Zeeman :)

Ordered NSMBU from Futureshop.ca (hope it goes through) and MH3U from Amazon.ca thanks to you

Edit: I also managed to reserve NSMBU in-store at Best Buy. So if my other copy goes through I'll sell it at cost to a K-W gaffer.

I love you Zeeman :)

Ordered NSMBU from Futureshop.ca (hope it goes through) and MH3U from Amazon.ca thanks to you

Edit: I also managed to reserve NSMBU in-store at Best Buy. So if my other copy goes through I'll sell it at cost to a K-W gaffer.

Do the instore orders show up in your orders list anymore?

zroid

Banned
Well I placed an ISPU for NSMBU at Best Buy. Hope it gets fulfilled. $15 is just a bizarre price, lol.

Still haven't decided what I'm gonna do with it... maybe I'll pick up a copy of Halo 4 at the same time and then trade them at FS for a $60 gc. Eh...

Edit: Do the instore orders show up in your orders list anymore?
Nope, they made them separate from your online accounts.

zroid

Banned
welp

wN5T3AA.png

A lot of stores are suddenly showing OoS and it's sold out online at Future Shop. Hopefully at least one of my orders goes through.

zroid

Banned
BTW if anyone is looking to do a T2 for $60, both BB and FS also have Halo 4 used copies for $14.99. I just placed an ISPU at the same Best Buy, hope it goes through. Then I'll be heading directly to Future Shop, haha.

Zeeman

BTW if anyone is looking to do a T2 for $60, both BB and FS also have Halo 4 used copies for $14.99. I just placed an ISPU at the same Best Buy, hope it goes through. Then I'll be heading directly to Future Shop, haha.

I like this idea. I think I'll do the same thing.

zroid

Banned
$15 Halo 4 was unavailable at the Best Buy where I reserved NSMBU, but I managed to get it fulfilled at a nearby FS. So guess that's that. I'll head out soon.

Thanks, Zeeman! Did I ever mention I like your username? :p

The cancel button has disappeared for my online order.

DUN DUN DUN!

Edit: CHARGED $19.19.

Good. I traded one away for $30 months ago but I want Luigi U digital download.

I don't know if this has been posted, but Ni no Kuni is $30 at ebgames. I'm kind of wondering now how it did... It just keeps on going down in price....

They have the used Mario U marked on the shelves as $14.99 as well. Dont think this is an error. Got my in store pick up filled.

DJ_Lae

Reserved one in-store at Best Buy. Unfortunately not the one near me so I'll have to go tomorrow, and hopefully if it is an error it hasn't been corrected by then.

This reminds me of Costco's $19.97 Nintendoland and how they screwed up their stock. I'm still annoyed I had to be immediately refunded.

edit - instore pickups at the only two Best Buys here with stock failed. There is a Future Shop in St Albert with stock but I'm not driving out there.

Zeeman

$15 Halo 4 was unavailable at the Best Buy where I reserved NSMBU, but I managed to get it fulfilled at a nearby FS. So guess that's that. I'll head out soon.

Thanks, Zeeman! Did I ever mention I like your username? :p

Thanks. There's something about yours too...

$14.99 Halo 4 is not that surprising considering it's $19.99 new this week.

My $14.99 NSMBU had a Club Nintendo code inside. Hope it works but I won't be trying it until July 1st since I'm already at Platinum.

DJ_Lae

$14.99 Halo 4 is not that surprising considering it's $19.99 new this week.

My $14.99 NSMBU had a Club Nintendo code inside. Hope it works but I won't be trying it until July 1st since I'm already at Platinum.

Hopefully that platinum reward is better than last year's cards (I still like the Mario and company statuette from a few years back).

I'll have to pick up Animal Crossing if I can't get my hands on a Mario U copy with a valid code, I went on a redeeming frenzy last week and ended up 10 points short. I did have an extra copy of Mario Kart 7 that I know I hadn't redeemed, but I guess you can't register multiple copies of the same game on one Club Nintendo account? It doesn't even give an error message like when you enter a duplicate code, just dumps you back to the entry screen.

Top Bottom