• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Lexxism

My order TLOU order from Amazon now is currently processing for shipping! Good thing I got the express shipping for free!

I was able to get my price corrected. But it looks like I am the only one:lol

It's pretty much YMMV. I do remember someone from last year who was able to change the MSRP of Wind Waker and apply the 33% off.

Seik

Banned
Thanks to you guys, I'll email FS for the TLOU price correction tonight, I almost forgot.

I had to do this so many times last year, every time, they corrected it, so one shouldn't stress about it. I had a good experience with FS so far.

Thanks to you guys, I'll email FS for the TLOU price correction tonight, I almost forgot.

I had to do this so many times last year, every time, they corrected it, so one shouldn't stress about it. I had a good experience with FS so far.

What about all the people who have been ignored? Do you have a special way to ask?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Holy shit Canada post is dumb. I ordered a gigabyte R9 280 OC from NCIX last thursday and while i was following the package tracking this morning suddenly it says "delivered". I'm like WTF , nobody's at home! I call and they say its possible he scanned it before going on his run, but i got a bad feeling about this... I don't live in like the best neighborhood in Montreal so i left the job, made a 30 mins drive back home and what do i see? The fucking package sitting in front of my door where everyone can see 0_0

Good call delivery man, good call to let the package in a busy (downtown) area.

Holy shit Canada post is dumb. I ordered a gigabyte R9 280 OC from NCIX last thursday and while i was following the package tracking this morning suddenly it says "delivered". I'm like WTF , nobody's at home! I call and they say its possible he scanned it before going on his run, but i got a bad feeling about this... I don't live in like the best neighborhood in Montreal so i left the job, made a 30 mins drive back home and what do i see? The fucking package sitting in front of my door where everyone can see 0_0

Any "Do not safe drop" mention on the package?

Nope.

Its not my first PC part i order from NCIX though, but its the first time this happens. I guess i have to add specifically a do no safe drop comment next time i order but it should be a given when you have a 250$ product in a box.

Yea that should be a given. However, "Do not safe drop" mentions have been ignored more than once by my postman so it's no guarantee but it's something to come back at them if your package is stolen.

krae_man

I bought a laptop online from Best Buy and didn't have to sign for it when I picked it up at the post office but did when I picked up Wii Sports Club.

Seriously Bestbuy? $500 laptop no signature, but $30 WiiU game I have to go to the post office instead of having it left in my mailbox because you want a signature?

I am assuming the correction whereas E3 price is now higher than Target's $40 price ($55 - $15 coupon promo).

Does that kind of promo qualify to get price adjustment from Best Buy and FS? I thought people meant that they were trying to get their price adjusted to get 30% off the real price of the game (54.99$) instead of the old price (69.99$).

Dazzler

do Amazon purposely delay shipping their orders to encourage people to buy Prime?

I ordered Wolfenstein on Friday and it hasn't even been shipped yet

baconcow

Does that kind of promo qualify to get price adjustment from Best Buy and FS? I thought people meant that they were trying to get their price adjusted to get 30% off the real price of the game (54.99$) instead of the old price (69.99$).

I have been told by both Best Buy and Future Shop reps (over the phone, regarding my old E3 orders) that I would be protected in this situation. However, watching some responses lately, it seems that people have had some problems getting corrections. I have not attempted yet, for my orders. My experience with both Best Buy and Future Shop customer service representatives is that support is incredibly inconsistent, at best. I have had some CS reps do something and others deny being possible.

I have been told by both Best Buy and Future Shop (regarding my old E3 orders) that I would be protected in this situation. However, watching some responses lately, it seems that people have had some problems getting corrections. I have not attempted yet, for my orders.

Yea my first reply was one that clearly did not understand what I was telling them. I sent another one and it's been 3 days with no answer...

Would they price match the 40$ with the 15$ rebate at Target? I don't think anyone tried that yet. So many "this and that" does not apply in their price match policy that I don't know what I can price match anymore...

Coupon was a mistake. I meant to type promo.

Hahah ok, I was like shiiiiiit my TLOU Remastered plan.

Also, I called Future Shop today and they said they would honour the deal in case Target sells out of TLOU Remastered.

I am gonna be at Target at 8am tomorrow, does Target do a good job getting new releases on shelves upon the store opening?

Hahah ok, I was like shiiiiiit my TLOU Remastered plan.

Also, I called Future Shop today and they said they would honour the deal in case Target sells out of TLOU Remastered.

I am gonna be at Target at 8am tomorrow, does Target do a good job getting new releases on shelves upon the store opening?

I sent my price match request now since they already charged me (and will ship tonight), will they just tell me to write to them again tomorrow since the game release tomorrow at Target?

XBP

do Amazon purposely delay shipping their orders to encourage people to buy Prime?

I believe a friday order means shipping it on the next business day. Which should he today (but can even be tomorrow).

baconcow

Yea my first reply was one that clearly did not understand what I was telling them. I sent another one and it's been 3 days with no answer...

Would they price match the 40$ with the 15$ rebate at Target? I don't think anyone tried that yet. So many "this and that" does not apply in their price match policy that I don't know what I can price match anymore...

Not really answering your question. But, I will likely just buy it from Target or PM with another local retailer and then just return the Best Buy copy I have.

Seik

Banned
What about all the people who have been ignored? Do you have a special way to ask?

Can't say, I was talking about last year.

No wizardry implied, just said hello and asked if I could get a refund since the MSRP changed since I made my pre-order during the E3 deal.

If things have changed this year though, I'll let you guys know for sure.

I'll start by asking them, first. :p

iphys

I've had some orders ship quickly and some not, so I doubt it's on purpose, but my guess is they just don't get around to doing any regular shipments for as long as there are prime ones they can be doing instead. For a pre-order there is bound to be a big chunk of prime shipments they'll have to do first, so I wouldn't count on getting a pre-order quickly without prime.

Can't say, I was talking about last year.

No wizardry implied, just said hello and asked if I could get a refund since the MSRP changed since I made my pre-order during the E3 deal.

If things have changed this year though, I'll let you guys know for sure.

I'll start by asking them, first. :p

Good luck! So far it looks like only one person got it! However, this is almost pointless if they price match the 39.99$ from Target. Not sure that I will bother for 1.5$ extra saving!

I am also wondering about that!

iphys

NOOOO!!!

All the mini burgers at McDonald's went from 1.39 to 1.59. They're all $1 in the US.

Fuck all these price hikes.

I noticed McFlurrys and Happy Meals went up 20 or 30 cents recently, so I guess it's just everything. It's way above inflation, but they were probably losing too much money on those extra value items, especially with dollar drink days.

I noticed McFlurrys and Happy Meals went up 20 or 30 cents recently, so I guess it's just everything. It's way above inflation, but they were probably losing too much money on those extra value items, especially with dollar drink days.
They are still making a large profit with dollar drinks. The cup itself costs more than a drink, and paper cups aren't that expensive (especially when mass produced). Also IIRC, they didn't really lose money on Jr Chickens and the like. They go for $1 in the States... This is just Canadian prices being increased as per usual.

Anyways, here's a photo I took:
XY15p2k.jpg

krae_man

Well to be fair Fast food places normally raise all prices every time Minimum wage goes up and these stayed put when Minimum wage changed. Well for a few weeks anyway. It makes sense.

Cynar

Had this happen with a camera lens recently delivered by Canpar. Made me mad when I saw it. They're supposed to require a signature.

BadHand

Hey Canada-GAF, just got TLOU remastered from amazon (through UPS). First time I got a pre-order before the street date with them, hopefully they'll keep it up..

They haven't even started processing my order yet and I paid for the fastest shipping option available.

ryanmac

Banned

This happens to me for every package I get. It's always pre-scanned. It's lazy and misleading. Too bad.

UberTag

They haven't even started processing my order yet and I paid for the fastest shipping option available.
According to Amazon, if it's not Prime it's not the fastest shipping option available. You'll get your copy the same day as people who went with FREE Super Saver shipping.

BadHand

According to Amazon, if it's not Prime it's not the fastest shipping option available. You'll get your copy the same day as people who went with FREE Super Saver shipping.

Priority shipping gave me a delivery date of 29th July 2014 and Super Saver was like August 7th or something.

I don't know what you mean by "You'll get your copy the same day as people who went with FREE Super Saver shipping" as this has never been the case.

iphys

They are still making a large profit with dollar drinks. The cup itself costs more than a drink, and paper cups aren't that expensive (especially when mass produced). Also IIRC, they didn't really lose money on Jr Chickens and the like. They go for $1 in the States... This is just Canadian prices being increased as per usual.

I think the prices are determined more by the cost of labour than the ingredients. Minimum wage is lower in the US than Canada, so all their fast food is going to be cheaper. Since our minimum wage is higher we should be able to afford the higher prices though, so it works out.

I think the prices are determined more by the cost of labour than the ingredients. Minimum wage is lower in the US than Canada, so all their fast food is going to be cheaper. Since our minimum wage is higher we should be able to afford the higher prices though, so it works out.
I never thought of it like that! Interesting.

You can try but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It specifically says in the flyer that it's $54.99 and it's separated away from the "Save $15 on all ps4 games".

On Friday I called in and asked how much Tomb Raider was, and was told it was $44.99. I asked if the $15 promotion applied from that price and they said "If it's in the flyer, sure." When I went down there all the games were marked down already on the shelf (for example Tomb Raider $59.99 to $44.99). So your best bet is just to call in and ask for the price. If it's $54 then you know it won't work, if it's $40 then you know the promotion is applied.

Zing

Banned
I once worked at a small pizza shop and, based on the official serving sizes and measurements on the syrup, I estimated it cost the shop five cents for a glass of pop (a regular size glass like you use at home). This was just a small shop ordering their stuff with at least one middleman making profit along the way. Imagine how cheaply McDonalds gets coke syrup.

You can try but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It specifically says in the flyer that it's $54.99 and it's separated away from the "Save $15 on all ps4 games".

On Friday I called in and asked how much Tomb Raider was, and was told it was $44.99. I asked if the $15 promotion applied from that price and they said "If it's in the flyer, sure." When I went down there all the games were marked down already on the shelf (for example Tomb Raider $59.99 to $44.99). So your best bet is just to call in and ask for the price. If it's $54 then you know it won't work, if it's $40 then you know the promotion is applied.

You doubt the chance to price match or you doubt that Target will give me the 15$ off on The Last of Us?

Hanzou

Anybody ever had Amazon.com deliver to their hotel when visiting the USA? Going to Seattle for a few days and would like a thing or two that is much cheaper there and was wondering if I could have the package delivered to my hotel. I assume it's more about whether the hotel would accept the package and. Hold it.

You doubt the chance to price match or you doubt that Target will give me the 15$ off on The Last of Us?

I doubt the $15 off from Target. Like I said it's best to call in at first and ask for the price because if it is marked down it would be shown on the shelf and wouldn't need to be scanned in at register.

If you are going to price match your best bet is Wal Mart because the flyer is usually good enough for them. FS/BB are more meticulous and will call in or check their website(even Target doesn't have an online store)

I doubt the $15 off from Target. Like I said it's best to call in at first and ask for the price because if it is marked down it would be shown on the shelf and wouldn't need to be scanned in at register.

If you are going to price match your best bet is Wal Mart because the flyer is usually good enough for them. FS/BB are more meticulous and will call in or check their website(even Target doesn't have an online store)

Thanks! Well, I will for sure argue politely but firmly if they say no at Target. Flyers says ALL PS4 game, which is what the new TLoU is.

Lexxism

Not really. I got an express shipping and amazon already charged me and have an estimated delivery tomorrow.

Top Bottom