• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Dazzler

Oh I totally agree. I was talking in general. No matter the deal they usually find a way to ruin it.

completely.

For guys who seem to live for deals, they are usually completely moronic about them

just idiots drawing attention to deals by calling customer support or ordering ten units of something

greed, man

hazukash

So far I've only heard of BC, AB, and ON having them. We don't have them in NS. They probably forgot all of us east of Ontario.

Some people in Montréal and in the Sherbrooke area are selling them on Kijiji. I'm assuming only some locations have them, but which ones?

Dazzler

cancelled my entire e3 best buy order cause I couldn't change the address and visa card. their site is truly awful

I had to call up last Friday with my credit card and have the CSR manually change my credit card details for six separate pre-orders

So I had to read out my CC number to the guy six times. Their website is a total PoS and I say that as someone who used to work on their website

cancelled my entire e3 best buy order cause I couldn't change the address and visa card. their site is truly awful

Whaaaaat? Why didn't you just call?

I had to call up last Friday with my credit card and have the CSR manually change my credit card details for six separate pre-orders

So I had to read out my CC number to the guy six times. Their website is a total PoS and I say that as someone who used to work on their website

Yeah, it's weird. The site used to do address changes no problem. I don't know why, but it randomly just stopped working.

Returners

f8a.gif

In all seriousness though, I wish their site could be like Amazons. Much flexibility.

kevin1025

Banned
I didn't see it posted yet, but Walmart has The Last of Us Remastered as $49.99 in its flyer. That's $5 less than everyone else.

And Target is doing the console + gift card thing again, this time with PS4. Buy a PS4 and get a $50 gift card, instead of a $25 one like it was with Xbox One.

krae_man

Got a mouse for my new laptop for $8 because it rang in at $20 instead of $18. Yah scanner code!

Also grabbed some $5 JCVD movies. I can't resist cheap blurays.

Tapejara

Anyone know some good places in the GTA that carry legacy/retro games? Looking to collect some older titles, but mostly PSP games.

Amazon is incredible, it even lets you cancel individual items from an order (and still retain the E3 pricing I originally got)!

I was so happy when I realized this. Pre-ordered a bunch of things because they were cheap, but figured I probably wasn't going to enjoy them anyway.

jholmes

Speaking of Amazon being better...

I had a shipment from Amazon come in via UPS today. The UPS guy got to my unit, decided not to knock (I was home all day, and at the posted time) and apparently decided to toss my copy of Wii Sports Club and Seconds into someone else's yard. I've asked for them to Do Not Drop several times, but apparently that's taken as a suggestion, because the homeless people in downtown Hamilton probably don't play Wii U games, right?

I followed up with two UPS CS reps and two Amazon reps over the phone and wow, the difference is like night and day. The Amazon people were considerate and helpful, whereas the UPS people were useless and would not even forward me to a supervisor (they weren't around at the time, quelle surprise).

Just thought I'd post this because we all deal with some awful customer service types, but most of them are good and some are even great.

baconcow

A 2 minute email to Best Buy changes my address, even mid multiple game order. A 5-10 minute call changes address and Visa info. Impatience.

Speaking of Amazon, I bought something with 2-day shipping so I would receive it before my holiday next week. Amazon lists Monday still as did UPS. UPS sent a notification it was delayed enroute until Tuesday by 8pm. I will already be gone by then. Chated to an Amazon representative about it. They immediately called UPS, found UPS had a delay on my day guarenteed shipping service. Amazon had them cancel the shipment mid transit, made a new order and delivered it overnight. The original 2 day shipping order was made Wednesday and will come "by Wednesday" according to UPS. The 1 day will come Monday by noon. I wanted to mention to Amazon I will not be around to receive the order as I will be gone for two weeks. This was their "workarouns" instead of cancellation. Epic service.

A 2 minute email to Best Buy changes my address, even mid multiple game order. A 5-10 minute call changes address and Visa info. Impatience.

What info do I need to update a visa at FS and BB? I am borrowing someone's card as they don't allow debit visa and it expires this month so I need to tell them the updated details.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
anyone here know if the last of us deal where your trade in your ps3 copy and get the ps4 version for 25 is available in Canada as well?

EDIT: Answered woo thank you awesome deal

Edit 2: does it says when you have to trade in the ps3 version is there a set date until you can?

Sealtest

just talked to manager at futureshop phone support they are saying those kyrat emails were fake and that everyones orders will be fine... this seems like a lie but i'm getting everyones infomation for when this item doesn't ship I can atleast show they promised me it.

-edit- just talked 2 a csm they have no record of those emails, but apparently that doesn't mean they are fake. I have now forwarded the email to him for him 2 look at.

-Deimos

just talked to manager at futureshop phone support they are saying those kyrat emails were fake and that everyones orders will be fine... this seems like a lie but i'm getting everyones infomation for when this item doesn't ship I can atleast show they promised me it.

-edit- just talked 2 a csm they have no record of those emails, but apparently that doesn't mean they are fake. I have now forwarded the email to him for him 2 look at.

Don't draw attention to it!

Sealtest

You've ruined us Sealtest.

Apparently alot of people were calling about this, So no I didn't ruin anything. FS has no plans on cancelling them and thre syste says nothing about it. The manufacturer will be the one who makes final decisions on cancellations.

khaaan

I doubt anybody wants one....but now that I have a 64gb Vita card my 8gb card doesn't have much use especially since I don't have accounts from other regions. "Free" to a good home for the price of shipping.

scogoth

Anyone know some good places in the GTA that carry legacy/retro games? Looking to collect some older titles, but mostly PSP games.

Good places? No.

Gamerama at yonge and eglington carries older games but their staff is generally unfriendly and sometimes assholes.

There is also another store in the basement floor of the Bay Adelaide center (yonge and Dundas) but I forget the name.

There's quite a few in just the City of Toronto and most of them are Downtown.

Iceman Games has two locations in downtown. One in Kensington Market, one on Queen St West and Bathurst. Their prices are sometimes okay. They have a pretty good selection (and a lot of PSP games) but they're a bit pricey. They offer the best trade-in's though. I went to EB Games to trade in GTA V in March they would only give me like $15-20 from what I remember. Iceman gave me $30 in-store credit and I bought Link Between Worlds with it.

A&C is probably one of the more popular ones but I'm not a fan of their actual store itself (everytime I go it's always a bit crowded in there cause it isn't a big store). Their prices are a bit high and I don't remember seeing a lot of PSP games there.

There's Game Center near Bloor and Yonge and they carry a few PSP games as well. Not sure about their PSP selection, but they probably have the best prices for used games. However they don't have a wide selection. That's just my experience from buying used PS3 games from them. They had a super good Boxing Day sale where I managed to further increase my musou game selection =) They also have a location on St Clair West but I forgot exactly where. I only remember that it's a 5-10 minute ride on the streetcar from St Clair station.

Avoid Gamerama like half a block north or so from Yonge & Eglinton. They carry older games but god that staff isn't really friendly at all.

There's also Game Shack on Bay & Adelaide. You can access it through I think PATH as well in the Eaton Center but I forgot where exactly. I only vividly remember going there recently and seeing MGSV Ground Zeroes for I think $20 bucks and it was gone the next day.

It's further from downtown, but VGP have a store I think near Keele and Wilson. I've never been there myself, but I have a lot of friends from Europe who import games from their online store.

iphys

Woot, the MK8 Happy Meal toys are finally in NS! Got them at Scotia Square and Quinpool today and others got them at Kempt Rd and Clayton Park within the past day, so I think they're everywhere here now.

Returners

So this is interesting. http://www.ebgames.ca/3ds/games/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-with-bonus/319718

It seems like this isn't the first time EB is doing this, I don't understand how anyone would take advantage of this since most people only put down $5 on pre-orders.

For reference, I've seen multiple times where eb discount their overpriced games to the regular MSRP. This is either shady or stupid, or both.

At one point TLOU Remastered was advertised as a sale of 54.99 from 69.99 at EBGames.

baconcow

What info do I need to update a visa at FS and BB? I am borrowing someone's card as they don't allow debit visa and it expires this month so I need to tell them the updated details.

For my Visa, I just had my personal info, billing address, and shipping address. If your Visa expiry is before the ship date, they might not accept it. I used my step fathers Visa once with a split order, without issue.

For my Visa, I just had my personal info, billing address, and shipping address. If your Visa expiry is before the ship date, they might not accept it. I used my step fathers Visa once with a split order, without issue.

So name of holder, billing address, and shipping address? I don't know what you mean by personal info. Do I need the cardholder's birthday?

E3 2013 I made a bunch of orders. I need to update those as the card expires this month. E3 2014 I made a bunch of orders and input a fake expiry until a new expiry a received. I need to update those to the correct expiry.

Megasoum

Banned
I wasn't going to get the PS4 remaster, but for 25 bucks why not. lol

Yeah I'm thinking about it too.. I really have no intention of replaying The Last of Us anytime soon but it's "only" 25$... Tempting.

I just hope that this will become a thing for EB... I don't want to pay full price for GTA5! lol

Shoppers Promo Code: 2888

Also if you spend $75 in store tomorrow or Monday you get a minimum 18,500 points, with a chance to earn more.

I went today and wound up winning 38,000, which is essentially the equivalent for everything I bought.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shoppers Promo Code: 2888

Also if you spend $75 in store tomorrow or Monday you get a minimum 18,500 points, with a chance to earn more.

I went today and wound up winning 38,000, which is essentially the equivalent for everything I bought.
Now that I have both consoles, I have no idea what to spend points on. It's really too bad you can't buy gift cards.

Yeah I'm thinking about it too.. I really have no intention of replaying The Last of Us anytime soon but it's "only" 25$... Tempting.

I just hope that this will become a thing for EB... I don't want to pay full price for GTA5! lol
I figure it's "only" 10 since I do want to play the DLC chapter but don't want to buy it.

But yeah, I have no interest in GTA5 but I would upgrade if they had a similar offer. Hopefully used copies of GTA5 will still be worth money by then for them to do the offer.

Sora_N

Amazon have Wolfenstein for 39.99, finally took the plunge at an agreeable price

You could pricematch at BB/FS for extra $2 off lol. I'm tempted to pick up a copy but no time and I already got Injustice and LEgo Marvel which will last me a while.

Top Bottom