• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Draff

Does anyone want to buy the MK8 Club Nintendo code offer for Pikmin/NSMB U/ for $25? Willing to trade for PSN/Nintendo Store equivalent.

RE_Player

Just a heads up for those interested I just picked up Saints Row IV National Treasure Edition, comes with all the dlc, at Wal-Mart for $20. I think they got confused because of the Greatest Hits (PS3)/Platinum Hits (360) box and thought it was the standard edition. Amazon is selling it for $30, currently out of stock, as well as EB Games. Best Buy and Futureshop don't seem to carry it according to their site.

FlRnFOT

Eternia

I have never sold a game in my life.

But I haven't had the chance to play TLOU on PS3 yet... and this seems like an okayish deal...

Ahhhhhh D:
If you have a PS4 and want to play it soon, you mind as well! It's not like the PS3 version is going to raise in value. You'd probably be able to pick up a brand new PS3 copy down the line for less than the difference.

Returners

Just a heads up for those interested I just picked up Saints Row IV National Treasure Edition, comes with all the dlc, at Wal-Mart for $20. I think they got confused because of the Greatest Hits (PS3)/Platinum Hits (360) box and thought it was the standard edition. Amazon is selling it for $30, currently out of stock, as well as EB Games. Best Buy and Futureshop don't seem to carry it according to their site.

FlRnFOT

Awesome, I'll try the Walmarts.

Looks like the Last of Us ends up being 49.01$ for me on Amazon with the E3 deal and 56.32$ on Best Buy.

It will be 45.98$ at Target tomorrow with the 15$ off. I guess that I will return the Best Buy one and sell the Amazon one on Kijiji for a huge 6-10$ profit... All prices includes Quebec taxes.

Speaking of Bestbuy, anyone ever asked them why they say that they do not charge until shipping but in fact they can charge you days before shipping? Don't they have to respect the shit they write on their website?

terrible

Banned
My E3 order of TLOU from BB costs more than it will at Target and will be at least a day late considering they haven't even shipped it yet (though they happily charged me on Friday for it). Yeah, I'm returning it as soon as I get it.

My E3 order of TLOU from BB costs more than it will at Target and will be at least a day late considering they haven't even shipped it yet (though they happily charged me on Friday for it). Yeah, I'm returning it as soon as I get it.

Did you get an email from BestBuy get about TLOU? I haven't heard from them yet, wondering if it's gonna make it for release day at this rate.

terrible

Banned
Did you get an email from BestBuy get about TLOU? I haven't heard from them yet, wondering if it's gonna make it for release day at this rate.
No, they haven't shipped it yet so I haven't received any news from them. My PS4 came 4 days late at launch too which was awesome. If you need something day 1 don't use best buy. They tend to ship on the release date and they seem to just use standard shipping, or at least that's been my experience.

How much is Last of Us at Target?

FS didn't reply to email about the price.....

Tomorrow it should be 39.99$ with their 15$ off any PS4 games promo.

After one reply from Best Buy showing that they clearly did not read my e-mail properly, I wrote again and never got any reply. How can you simply ignore customers? How can you charge people days before shipping when you state that you charge upon shipping? How can you tell your clients for years that they can update their credit card info or address online but NEVER ever make it work? I am so baffled by Best Buy and Futureshop way of doing things... In most cases they still win with the lowest price, though. I guess that's why they get away with all the bullshit.

I was looking at this thread that has images of old Toys R Us adds. I've heard how expensive gaming was back in the day but to see it.....It just gave me a surprise and a new appreciation for this thread, Canada CAG, and RFD.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863098

EDIT: I think those were U.S. prices but Canadian prices were far greater I believe.

Canadian prices were insane. I remember looking through the Consumers Distributing (God I'm old) and Toys R Us catalogs and seeing games that cost $100:

EDIT: Krae knows what I'm talking about!

WCW/NWO World Tour on N64 was over 100 and incredibly hard to find when I bought it =/

Compucentre at the Promenade mall had a copy of Doom for 99.99 forever that always made me shake my head

Consumers Distributing FTW, got my SNES and F-Zero there on sale, had to line up early with my dad to make sure we got it lol

Megasoum

Banned
Oh man Consumer Distributing was THE SHIT. I remember drooling over the catalog everytime there was a new one. Always start by the end since this is where all the cool shit was.

And then it was super fun and kinda magical to go buy stuff from them. You had to fill up the little card and somebody brought your item in the window.

In a way it was Amazon before Amazon...hmmm

I'm considering finally grabbing a PS4 this week because my E3 orders are starting to come out.

Is that $50 gift card at Target the best deal going on?

The Second Son bundle for $449.99 at BB doesn't look too bad either, but I'm not really sure if I want that. Never played the others.

Returners

No, they haven't shipped it yet so I haven't received any news from them. My PS4 came 4 days late at launch too which was awesome. If you need something day 1 don't use best buy. They tend to ship on the release date and they seem to just use standard shipping, or at least that's been my experience.

Really? AlphaTwo00's Xbox One from Amazon took 7 days from launch. I got mine from Bestbuy day of.

:S I guess it's really locale dependent.

First game I purchased with my own money cost me over $100 after PEI's horrible sales taxes. To add insult to injury it was this masterpiece.

Jpsnes_shot.png

I will be at Target for when they open at 8:00am to get in on the $15 off deal for TLOU.

I have never gone to Target to get a game on release day. What should I expect?

explodet

Bleah. I'm still kinda on the fence about The Remastered of Us. It's good that we've got some deals, and I enjoyed the game, but I already played it through 3.5 times to get all of the single player trophies.

And let's face it, it's not exactly the Funtime Smile Jamboree.

ph00p

Banned
Canadian prices were insane. I remember looking through the Consumers Distributing (God I'm old) and Toys R Us catalogs and seeing games that cost $100:

EDIT: Krae knows what I'm talking about!

You're a horrible person making me remember that gaming used to be good, now it's an empty shell of the days gone past. Makes me sad.

bobeth

Hey Canada-GAF, just got TLOU remastered from amazon (through UPS). First time I got a pre-order before the street date with them, hopefully they'll keep it up..

btkadams

anyone got news from future shop/TLOU problem ? they don't reply my email.
I haven't ever emailed them about something like this, but I don't see why they would lower the price and reapply the 30% discount for you (if that's what you're referring to). It's not part of their policy.

Top Bottom