• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Anyone know if EB gives a shit about what HDD is in the PS3 when you trade it in?

I am considering trading mine and upgraded the HDD years ago. I don't have the original anymore.

maneil99

Can I get a link to the 20$ pvz price from walmart. BBand FS match it and lower by 10% within 30 days and I bought it on the 23rd

Jinto

Oh yeah lol, I forgot about my $35 PS3 pre-order. Meh.

I am kind of skeptical that there will even be much difference between the two, Persona isn't exactly known for being graphically intensive. Probably sticking with PS3 here.

That's probably a good idea. Hold off on the PS4 one until they inevitably release the enhanced version with added content. I'm probably too weak to do that tho. :/

Yay, BB finally sent my shipping notice for DR2.

Gritesh

Funny, I was going to go to Walmart and pull the trigger on PVZ tonight, kinda glad I waited, for a game like that I am all over the 20 dollar deal.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Any deals for Layton X Phoenix? Any generic 3ds deals would be great.

SickBoy

Gotta to remember to price protect my E3 Best Buy order. I thought $29 was a pretty good deal for PvsZ (and it's certainly been worth it -- I've put in a surprising amount of time with it... at $20 it's insane)

N° 2048

Since they are so hard to get here I'm debating just importing a Slim from Japan for the extra cost. (Lime/White is so sexy).

zroid

Banned
It doesn't specifically mention applicable systems. Does anyone know if EB will take Wii or DS games as trade-ins still?

in theory, but few Wii or DS games will have a TIV of $10+. Outside of like Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy...

Jinto

It doesn't specifically mention applicable systems. Does anyone know if EB will take Wii or DS games as trade-ins still?

I know for sure they accept DS games. I traded my extra copy of New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64 DS for $14 and $12 yesterday. I think they still take Wii games as well.

in theory, but few Wii or DS games will have a TIV of $10+. Outside of like Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy...

Yeah, outside of those games and a few first party titles like Mario, most other games don't have much value. They offered me $4 for Final Fantasy tactics A2. Screw that.

i-Jest

So are PSV consoles no longer available in Canada? Forever? There is no stock anywhere.

They're phasing it out for the inevitable PlayStation Vita Go :p

EDIT: Where in Canada are you? I remember seeing one Walking Dead Bundle at my local Target a month ago. May still be there.

TimeKillr

Heh, I walked into a Pharmaprix (Shopper's Drug Mart in Quebec) across the street from work to get a new picture for my health insurance card when I notice they have copies of Infamous Second Son for 30$!

Let's just say I picked one up :)

Past

Did anyone pre-ordered Danganronpa 2 from Amazon? Did they ship yours yet? Still waiting for them to ship mine...

LMN

Did anyone pre-ordered Danganronpa 2 from Amazon? Did they ship yours yet? Still waiting for them to ship mine...

I just received mine today, depend on luck I guess, since last time it took them a week to ship my Disgaea 4. I'm a non prime member btw

I'm not ordering from them again unless they've got a super cheap price on something

it's so obvious non-prime customers are being held out on

I think they say that free shipping takes about 5-7 days, so as long as they are still within that time frame, they aren't technically doing anything wrong. It's just dickish as hell.

koopas

Is amazon or anyone else accepting preorders on the 99 dollar smash bundle for wii u? (With the gcn adapter+controller)

Top Bottom