• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

No one else has a premium shipping service they want to promote. And I don't think EB Games even offers free shipping at all. I'd rather just wait the couple extra days than make my already exchange rate-expensive games cost another $5.

EB offers free shipping at $30 or more iirc!

EB offers free shipping at $30 or more iirc!

Oh, you're right! Man, they really hide that in the site. Silly of them for not promoting it. I can personally attest to being a potential customer that's been untapped because I always assumed they charged for shipping.

Does anyone know if you can return/exchange an online purchase from EB to a retail location? If so, I will actually start shopping there.

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure EB shipped for free at $19.99+ at one point. Haven't ordered anything online from them in a while though, so that might've changed. One thing that hasn't changed is how they never really advertise their shipping rates properly.

Does anyone know if you can return/exchange an online purchase from EB to a retail location? If so, I will actually start shopping there.

Yeah you can. At least you can definitely return, not totally sure on exchanges but I don't see why not.

Welp, the Amazon talk has got me nervous about my Destiny preorder.
Might have to do the FS/BB buy/return two-step.

Same, I have both NHL & Destiny preordered from them during the E3 sale. They're suppose to arrive between the 17 & 18, or I can pay an absurd amount of money and get them on the 16, Doh!

Oh well, $42 a game isn't that bad to wait a week for.

Oh, you're right! Man, they really hide that in the site. Silly of them for not promoting it. I can personally attest to being a potential customer that's been untapped because I always assumed they charged for shipping.

I think they accept online order returns in store, they just might be not as flexible returning opened consoles!

Wednesday used game deals:

Future Shop has Mario Kart Wii for $15 http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/prod...spx?path=99433f69ad4b5742be7cf054566763a9en02 (limited online availability)
-Based on tivs.ca, this game could be usable for the EB trade-in deals, although their last entry seems to be from April, so YMMV

Best Buy has Modern Warfare 3 (PS3) for $5 http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=0f73c966999f947007f1db2cf4ff2755en02

I don't think you can use DS/Wii games for EB trade promos anymore.

flkraven

Awesome! I ordered all 12 on Amazon USA when they went up last week, but did the same for the Canadian site now.

Really stupid they are $1 more here in Canada, fuck off Nintendo.

Am I missing somethig? Isn't $12.99 US almost exactly $14 CND after exchange? With the way that other things have changed in price, they could have easily charged $16.99 or $19.99. I'd say you should be thrilled at $1.

Zeeman

I don't think you can use DS/Wii games for EB trade promos anymore.

The Trade 2 and Trade 3 deals on the website only mention the $10 value, not any eligible systems, unlike for example the 30% extra trade credit towards certain games, which specifically exclude Wii and DS. This does seem to imply that they're still eligible.

http://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled Offers/Index

e: Although for some reason the link on their website is going to their previous offers, and not the current ones.

zroid

Banned
Only one I really want from the initial batch is Samus, so the wallet isn't emptying for me quite yet. :p

I have a $10 RZ coupon so hopefully I can pick up the Samus amiibo at a Best Buy store on day 1 without any trouble.

zroid

Banned
I think we will just pick out one each in our family.

Well they even work on the old 3ds?

yep, but you need to buy an accessory

Z1XIg6q.png

edit: I should refresh pages

Only one I really want from the initial batch is Samus, so the wallet isn't emptying for me quite yet. :p

I have a $10 RZ coupon so hopefully I can pick up the Samus amiibo at a Best Buy store on day 1 without any trouble.

I have a feeling Samus is going to be the most popular Amiibo.

Maximus.

Thank you to those that mentioned the awesome PS4 deal at Target. I was able to reserve and pick up the last unit from my local Target for my friend, since he wasn't able to make it out there.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone preorder theatrhythm Curtain Call from the E3 promo? BB hasn't updated the release date and the game is coming out in 2 weeks. :S

Is there a quick summary of why I should care about amiibos? I saw the bit about the figurines storing your Smash Bros. fighter data, for example, but I'm unclear as to how it will work in other games. Does it store driver data in Mario Kart 8, for example? Doesn't the game already do this? Does it matter what figurine(s) I get? Is it only for moving data between systems so you can play with friends? etc., etc.

Top Bottom