• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

koopas

That price can't be right. I'm thinking the bundle will be limited a la the skyward sword bundle which is probably why they dont want to sell a bunch they cant honor.

Jo-El

I think they say that free shipping takes about 5-7 days, so as long as they are still within that time frame, they aren't technically doing anything wrong. It's just dickish as hell.

I've sold plenty of stuff on Amazon and they require you to ship within 2 business days. Definitely dickish they can't be bothered to do the same.

Sealtest

ive been dealing with amazon weekly since E3 about those prices, They dropped once because of a sale but they keep telling me they are waiting for Nintendo of Canada to tell them the price which is why no other stores have listed them yet.

zroid

Banned
ive been dealing with amazon weekly since E3 about those prices, They dropped once because of a sale but they keep telling me they are waiting for Nintendo of Canada to tell them the price which is why no other stores have listed them yet.

...oh well

NoC pls

Tapejara

Starting this Thursday September 4th, Wal Mart has a bunch of new gen games for sale:

PS4

$19.94
-Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
-Trials Fusion
-Killzone ShadowFall

$29.94
-Battlefield 4
-COD Ghosts

Xbox One

$29.94
-Forza 5

http://s28.postimg.org/9b8dl7871/IMG_20140901_120042.jpg

Edit: beaten on the PvZ GW PS4 deal, the rest is above and the flyer scan. I may try and PM Future Shop with the scan tomorrow.

Nice. Looks like I'm finally going to get PvZ.

Sold my PS4 on Kijiji yesterday for $350, easy sale! Looks like it's still a hot item cause I put the ad up and within a couple hours I had lots of texts and emails of people wanting to buy it and I just picked the earliest text to come and pick it up lol

Btw I'm not abandoning the platform, I'm just getting ready for my white PS4 coming in a week :D

Yasumi

Banned
Did anyone pre-ordered Danganronpa 2 from Amazon? Did they ship yours yet? Still waiting for them to ship mine...
Nope, still waiting. Hope it ships out tonight so I can get it for tomorrow.
yxm01YA.jpg

i-Jest

zroid

Banned
I don't really need a PS4 yet, and I'm not even interested in Destiny, but if I see a white PS4 at Shoppers I don't know if I'm going to be able to stop myself from buying one >.<

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
W...wow. Bestbuy cancelled our Layton VS Phoenix Wright order, without even giving any explanation. Gotta love them...

Any way to get some discount on the game now? I guess not... Now do I wait for the game to become cheaper, or will it become impossible to find instead? Always hard to predict with "niche" titles like that.

Urgh.

W...wow. Bestbuy cancelled our Layton VS Phoenix Wright order, without even giving any explanation. Gotta love them...

Any way to get some discount on the game now? I guess not... Now do I wait for the game to become cheaper, or will it become impossible to find instead? Always hard to predict with "niche" titles like that.

Urgh.

Someone else got it cancelled because he was in Quebec, you are too I think?

Where is that store? SDM?

Not Canada judging by the Spanish about PS+ and more on the back of that box.

Sep 5 target

any Free xbox one game with xbox one purchase

10% off game prepaid currency cards
25% off Xb1 ps4 mmembership cards

reminder for Sep 5th

Sold my PS4 on Kijiji yesterday for $350, easy sale! Looks like it's still a hot item cause I put the ad up and within a couple hours I had lots of texts and emails of people wanting to buy it and I just picked the earliest text to come and pick it up lol

Btw I'm not abandoning the platform, I'm just getting ready for my white PS4 coming in a week :D

i said i would only do this for the XB1 but im already considering doing the same for the PS4, fuuuuuuuck.

Honestly, the Xbox 360 and PS3 looks better in the black, but the way PS4 & XB1 is designed both look much better in white, espicially XB1

Anyone know if you can still preorder white ps4 consoles at EB stores?

I guess so, they still have them online, why not in store?

Mine is preordered from BB online but I'm thinking about cancelling it and getting one in store when I pick my Ghost Edition from EB!
Any idea which is better for potential returns or warranty stuff? If there is any difference!

Neki

I pre-ordered the PS4 version of Destiny instead of the PS3 one with the E3 promo, can I go to Future Shop and straight exchange it without hassle?

I pre-ordered the PS4 version of Destiny instead of the PS3 one with the E3 promo, can I go to Future Shop and straight exchange it without hassle?

Totally YMMV, depends on the friendliness of the CSR helping you, if it didn't work you can sell it for a profit that would subsidize your PS3 copy purchase!

Also here is WM flyer starting Thursday, beside those games on sale we already know about, you can basically get Destiny or NHL for free with Xbone purchase!

leKY30X.png

I guess so, they still have them online, why not in store?

Mine is preordered from BB online but I'm thinking about cancelling it and getting one in store when I pick my Ghost Edition from EB!
Any idea which is better for potential returns or warranty stuff? If there is any difference!

Thanks. Might give it a shot tonight.

It's weird that I'm thinking of getting a second PS4. I'm not usually the top to double up on consoles but between my GF and my mother I feel I need a second place to play my games in peace.

I suppose I could just move the PS4 back and forth but the white one is so sexy.

Totally YMMV, depends on the friendliness of the CSR helping you, if it didn't work you can sell it for a profit that would subsidize your PS3 copy purchase!

Also here is WM flyer starting Thursday, beside those games on sale we already know about, you can basically get Destiny or NHL for free with Xbone purchase!

leKY30X.png

That's weird, Xbone stays the same while ps4 jumps $50? I wonder if it's a typo. Either way, great deal for those in the market for an Xbox!

I think they say that free shipping takes about 5-7 days, so as long as they are still within that time frame, they aren't technically doing anything wrong. It's just dickish as hell.

that it is. no one else offering free shipping (futureshop, ebgames) does this to me. only amazon.ca...

man...this is the first time NISA hasn't gotten me a game on release date
WHERE'S MY DANGANRONPA :(

You get your stuff from NISA on time? What in the fuck? Tell me about this magic.

I always get stuff either the Friday of the week of release (so basically SDR2 released yesterday, so I might get it on Friday...?) or it just comes 2 weeks late because lolCanada

that it is. no one else offering free shipping (futureshop, ebgames) does this to me. only amazon.ca...

No one else has a premium shipping service they want to promote. And I don't think EB Games even offers free shipping at all. I'd rather just wait the couple extra days than make my already exchange rate-expensive games cost another $5.

Top Bottom