• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

What do you mean close to distribution center? I live in northern Alberta and my copy shipped from southern B.C. on the 25th and arrived on the 26th.

I should have wrote on a "good" Canada Post path or close to distribution centers. BB and FS usually ships depending of your zone. If they consider that you are in the closest zone they ship last, furthest zone they ship first. They consider that I am in a close zone but the way Canada Post handles mail to my city makes it that I always always get the game one to two days late, it never changes. My package always makes an extra stop somewhere that makes it impossible to receive shipments on time. Knowing that, they should ship a day earlier. Depending of where people live it is very consistent if they get it on time or not.

I don't know if my explanation is clear enough... Haha. You wrote "10/10 Best buy and Canada Post, you delivered once again" so I assume that you are not on a retarded mail path. I usually don't really give much of a shit about it because I still receive the games in time to have them for the week-end. However, with Nintendo you miss the whole free time you have during the week-end if you don't get it on delivery day... Still worth it for the money saved but it's irritating to know that it would be possible to get it on time but you are just on the unlucky side of BB/FS shipping time and Canada Post way of handling mail.

Seik

Banned
Ordered, thanks. I'm surprised it went through since it's technically under $50. Doubly surprised that it's $20 off pre-tax, too. This'll make me ready for Bayonetta 2.

Dammit, I wasn't going to bother with this until you mentioned Bayonetta 2, and I realized I'd have to play it with a gamepad and that might be awful and OH GOD I GUESS I'LL JUST BUY IT.

DJ_Lae

Anyone who ordered from Amazon get their Hyrule Warriors today? My shipping date was next Friday for some reason. They corrected it, but I won't be getting it until Tuesday according to the agent. Claimed it wasn't a "release day shipping" game and therefore I wouldn't have gotten it today regardless. He did upgrade all of the other games in that order to Express shipping, though.

Yeah, mine arrived a few hours ago - shipped yesterday. Fastest I've ever seen it come to Edmonton, although I suspect it didn't actually ship yesterday.

Takuan

Yeah, mine arrived a few hours ago - shipped yesterday. Fastest I've ever seen it come to Edmonton, although I suspect it didn't actually ship yesterday.

Lol. I live in Ontario and the distribution center is maybe 40 minutes away from me. They didn't ship at all.

How is The Source for shipping? How many days to arrive? Thinking about pre-ordering Bloodborne. I made the mistake of not ordering it during the FutureShop E3 promo.

$20 off any $50+ purchase at The Source with coupon code TSAFF20.

Wii U Pro Controller $30 after discount:
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...line&category=WiiUaccessories&product=8006586

Doesn't work on eShop cards or PS+.

Thanks for this!

How is The Source for shipping? How many days to arrive? Thinking about pre-ordering Bloodborne. I made the mistake of not ordering it during the FutureShop E3 promo.

You can choose in-store pick up if you live close to one. It's what I did. As far as shipping though, I've got no idea, sorry.

DaBoss

Thanks, I wanted a Wii U Pro controller.
Man you guys are tempting me to get one (even though I don't have a Wii U yet). Can I use the CC Pro instead for Wii U games?
There are some games that support the Wii U Pro controller, but not the CCPro, but I think in most cases, a CCPro should be fine. I the Wii U Pro controller feels much nicer (from what I tried) and doesn't need a Wiimote. Also has a huge battery life.

zroid

Banned
Of course we finally get a good deal on the WUPC like two weeks after I buy one. Oooooooof course.

And before you suggest it, no I can't buy one now and return it with the other receipt. :mad:

Lizardus

I should have wrote on a "good" Canada Post path or close to distribution centers. BB and FS usually ships depending of your zone. If they consider that you are in the closest zone they ship last, furthest zone they ship first. They consider that I am in a close zone but the way Canada Post handles mail to my city makes it that I always always get the game one to two days late, it never changes. My package always makes an extra stop somewhere that makes it impossible to receive shipments on time. Knowing that, they should ship a day earlier. Depending of where people live it is very consistent if they get it on time or not.

I don't know if my explanation is clear enough... Haha. You wrote "10/10 Best buy and Canada Post, you delivered once again" so I assume that you are not on a retarded mail path. I usually don't really give much of a shit about it because I still receive the games in time to have them for the week-end. However, with Nintendo you miss the whole free time you have during the week-end if you don't get it on delivery day... Still worth it for the money saved but it's irritating to know that it would be possible to get it on time but you are just on the unlucky side of BB/FS shipping time and Canada Post way of handling mail.

Yeah I've mainly used Amazon.ca in past for games and other stuff and they always delivered one or one and a half week later from the release date. Everything I've ordered from BB has been on time, gotta hand it to them.

bryt

Ughh why is Amazon so shitty?

I have Amazon Student Prime and ordered Ar nosurge with it and it still hasn't shipped. It released on September 23rd. Anyone ordered it and have it shipped yet?

Last purchase I made from the Source: bought Wednesday night, shipped Friday, arrived at store Monday. It was actually packed in a sealed box with airbags and everything.

EDIT: ended up buying the white one. Darn you peer pressure!

Lexxism

Last purchase I made from the Source: bought Wednesday night, shipped Friday, arrived at store Monday. It was actually packed in a sealed box with airbags and everything.

EDIT: ended up buying the white one. Darn you peer pressure!

and sometimes they won't let you pick it up if they haven't call you. Geeez

Ordered one :)
Thanks a lot!
Any other tips for good deals with this coupon?

-Things that don't go sale often (Apple stuff, some accessories)
-Anything else on sale (I saw some Logitech speakers for $30, which is the same price as elsewhere, but with the coupon it's cheaper)
-Headphones
-Mice

A rule of thumb is that if you can keep it to $50, it's essentially 40% off.

MercuryLS

Banned
$20 off any $50+ purchase at The Source with coupon code TSAFF20.

Wii U Pro Controller $30 after discount:
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...line&category=WiiUaccessories&product=8006586

Doesn't work on eShop cards or PS+.

I just ordered an iPod/iPhone Alarm clock Speaker dock for $30. Even if it's substandard, just regular docks that give power cost more than that. Great deal, thanks for posting the promo code.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...log=Online&category=iPod-Dock&product=8008577

That's what I bought, I'm not sure if my iPhone 6 will dock on it since it's wider than the iPhone 5, from the pic it looks like it should work.

Jinto

Bought a white Wii U Pro controller and Tropical Freeze from that Source deal. Donkey Kong was $60 whereas it's $55 everywhere else. Still, $40 is the cheapest I've seen it in stock anywhere.

Lexxism

Bought a white Wii U Pro controller and Tropical Freeze from that Source deal. Donkey Kong was $60 whereas it's $55 everywhere else. Still, $40 is the cheapest I've seen it in stock anywhere.

It's actually $35 at eshop. Unless you don't like digital copy

Canada post sucks. I got an email saying Hyrule Warriors shipped yesterday yet when I check the tracking today it says it won't get here until Monday. I wish Nintendo would release on Tuesday like everyone else so when Canada Post fucks up I at least get it the next day instead of waiting the whole weekend.

Top Bottom