• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone here who ordered the $339 PS4s when they were out of stock get any updates yet?

Seems over at RFD some people were able to get more specific timeframes for restocks/shipping but after chatting with customer support I've only been able to get it upgraded to priority shipping for free lol :(

Have a hunch the bundle might be going away and it might not restock D;

shezbot

Anyone here who ordered the $339 PS4s when they were out of stock get any updates yet?

Seems over at RFD some people were able to get more specific timeframes for restocks/shipping but after chatting with customer support I've only been able to get it upgraded to priority shipping for free lol :(

My update was end of October, with a chance to get it earlier. Thankfully I have enough games to keep me occupied until then. I did get my shipping upgraded too which was nice.

I wouldn't worry about a cancellation, Amazon has a great reputation for honoring these kind of orders.

BadWolf

Nope, mine still has no delivery estimate.

Zeeman

We are not getting the disc version of Bayonetta 1 with Bayonetta 2, right? Only Europe gets that?

To my understanding, all copies in NA will have both on disc. Europe has 3 versions: Just Bayonetta 2, both games, and the Limited First Print edition (which NA is not getting).

Sealtest

So it looks like hyrule warriors is now on back order at futureshop, Which is why i haven't been charged for the friday release.

I don't get how the site shows stock available but mine( e3 order) is on backorder.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So it looks like hyrule warriors is now on back order at futureshop, Which is why i haven't been charged for the friday release.

I don't get how the site shows stock available but mine( e3 order) is on backorder.
Whoa, thanks. I almost forgot to cancel my order.

I just tried it for my factory unlocked iPhone 5 32GB and all I'm getting is $190 which seems quite low.

However, I can't seem to select the "Unlocked" feature and I'm just getting options of breaking contract and all.

Yeah - I think they offered me $110 for my out of contract 16gb iphone 4 (that would be the highest that I would get). I'd probably sell it through them quick by lowering it to the 90 or 80 range, which, with their fee would net me around 70ish. I may just trade to EB Games for store credit of 56 dollars.

Sealtest

so amazon.ca finally updated prices on gamecube adapter and controller, we pay $34.99 for the adapter? that can't be right...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
so amazon.ca finally updated prices on gamecube adapter and controller, we pay $34.99 for the adapter? that can't be right...

Whaaaaaaat? Isn't it $20 in the US? It looks like it might be cheaper to order from the US, even with the shipping fees. Yeah, this can't be right...

iphys

Lol, so Canada pays $65+$35+$35=$135 just to get everything they have in the US bundle for $100. I hope that's wrong or they finally put the bundle up for a reasonable price like $110.

Meanwhile, those Mario and Luigi Gamecube style controllers that hook up to Wiimotes are only $25.13 vs $24.99 in the US, lol. Maybe we'd be better off just getting those?

lupinko

Back in Vancouver now for 11 days, any deals on 2ds and Wii mini?

I went by metro and superstores' new configuration confused me, worst buy, Eb and tru don't have anything. The staples closed down and I forgot about target.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Back in Vancouver now for 11 days, any deals on 2ds and Wii mini?

I went by metro and superstores' new configuration confused me, worst buy, Eb and tru don't have anything. The staples closed down and I forgot about target.
I believe 2DS is $20 off at Walmart.

Btw, anyone taking advantage of the $50 off monitors deal at staples? Snagged me an ASUS VG248QE today. :)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Wolfenstein The New Order today for PS4, $29.99 at Best Buy. I've heard great things about it, can't wait to play.

Canon

Banned
Will the Hyrule Warriors box have some of the DLC exclusive crap on the packaging? Thinking of buying it and returning it once my copy arrives from online, but that could make it difficult.

m23

Picked up Wolfenstein The New Order today for PS4, $29.99 at Best Buy. I've heard great things about it, can't wait to play.

Game is great, especially since you don't need to rely on aim down sights. Shooting from the hip just like old school shooters is so awesome.

Guesong

My copy of Hyrule Warriors shipped from Best Buy. Can't wait.

>_>

Went with BestBuy this year instead of FutureShop and my reward will likely be not to get games on time. Still no shipping or anything for me.

Damn you Friday releases. If it doesn't ship today...it'll really be a bad sign for Smash lol.

rawd

Game is great, especially since you don't need to rely on aim down sights. Shooting from the hip just like old school shooters is so awesome.

Grabbed it for $30 too

Good game but wack checkpoint system.. You can pretty much farm almost all of your perks without even completing the first level.

DJ_Lae

I believe 2DS is $20 off at Walmart.

Btw, anyone taking advantage of the $50 off monitors deal at staples? Snagged me an ASUS VG248QE today. :)

What.

Is that still on today? I've been meaning to nab at least one of those at some point, though I was going to wait until January for my benefits to refill.

Sealtest

After them telling me mine was backordered i'm actually suprised I also got a shipping confirmation.

So... anyone know anywhere that has donkey kong tropical freeze on sale? ( not digital )

Fort McMurray.

I was tracking it it and looks like it'll arrive on the 29th.

29th? Damn. These Nintendo Friday releases always seem like more of a wildcard than the usual Tuesday ones.

Also Hyrule Warriors just shipped at around 4PM today. Hopefully I can get it tomorrow...? I'll be home all day tomorrow, so I'll be watching over the tracking number and driveway for the whole afternoon

chrono01

Pre-ordered the Bloodborne CE from Amazon.ca [for $99.99], but will be keeping my Amazon.com pre-order just in-case Amazon.ca keeps that ridiculous price. I'm thinking they'll reduce it and that it's just a mistake at the moment, but you never know.

Pre-ordered the Bloodborne CE from Amazon.ca [for $99.99], but will be keeping my Amazon.com pre-order just in-case Amazon.ca keeps that ridiculous price. I'm thinking they'll reduce it and that it's just a mistake at the moment, but you never know.

Me too.
I was like, "$99?!! Those crazy bastards!"
Then I preordered, you know, just in case.

Madness

Just traded in my old phat elite 120gb console towards the sunset bundle at the Microsoft store. I mean Gamestop wanted to give me $32 for my elite. So for $299+tax is what I had to pay. Now I'm going to try and see if I can flip Sunset digital code for like $40-$45 quickly, use it towards MCC.

Magnus

Just traded in my old phat elite 120gb console towards the sunset bundle at the Microsoft store. I mean Gamestop wanted to give me $32 for my elite. So for $299+tax is what I had to pay. Now I'm going to try and see if I can flip Sunset digital code for like $40-$45 quickly, use it towards MCC.

What did the MS store give you for it? I can't imagine it'd be that much higher than $32, lol. $60-70 tops?

Oh wait; $100? Not bad!

Shit, I should think about nabbing that bundle.

Top Bottom