• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Takuan

Wii U Pro controllers are on back-order at TheSource. It's practically been a month now, so I wonder if they'll even restock (is Nintendo even manufacturing these anymore?).

Maybe one of the big box stores will have a sale prior to Bayonetta 2.

I ordered one for that $20 off sale, and have since cancelled. I don't like them just hanging on a pre-authorization for my card for some unknown amount of time. I'll find one at some point.
I figure it won't hurt to keep the order alive for now. Aside from the location-specific Target sales a while back, I haven't seen any good sales on them.

Wii U Pro controllers are on back-order at TheSource. It's practically been a month now, so I wonder if they'll even restock (is Nintendo even manufacturing these anymore?).

I ordered one for that $20 off sale, and have since cancelled. I don't like them just hanging on a pre-authorization for my card for some unknown amount of time. I'll find one at some point.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I still haven't gotten mine.

Jinto

I figure it won't hurt to keep the order alive for now. Aside from the location-specific Target sales a while back, I haven't seen any good sales on them.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. They haven't emailed me to rate my transaction with them, which hasn't been completed yet, in awhile. Still waiting on the pro controller and Tropical Freeze. :/

Ryde3

Hey, I got fed up with waiting for my 30$ Pro Controller and actually called customer service, was informed of the back order, got angry so they found a The Source location that had it in stock, e-mailed them saying I was coming to grab it, and I just walked in showed ID and picked up my controller. This was on last Thursday and they didn't bill me until Tuesday (weird) but I'm happy; Perhaps you guys could also try that?

I have $90 of free credit basically thrust upon me for shop.ca and their half ass gaming section is leaving me with nothing to buy.

I have to say though, those Pizza Pizza shop.ca coupons were good though. I managed to get $75 in credit altogether. I received another $40 from Paypal.

Takuan

Hey, I got fed up with waiting for my 30$ Pro Controller and actually called customer service, was informed of the back order, got angry so they found a The Source location that had it in stock, e-mailed them saying I was coming to grab it, and I just walked in showed ID and picked up my controller. This was on last Thursday and they didn't bill me until Tuesday (weird) but I'm happy; Perhaps you guys could also try that?

On hold right now. The guy's trying to figure out how to do it without cancelling my order with the discount. Hopefully he pulls through.

Edit: Yup, he got it done. For some reason I have to wait 24 hours. He suggested picking it up tomorrow morning and to give CS a call if I encounter any difficulty. Thanks for the heads-up.

I dont understand amazon sometimes... They offer release day shipping on items then take it away.. I was waiting to upgrade my NES remix wii u to release day shipping once I got excited for it then they take away the options..
Yeah, the entire "release day shipping" policy is strange to me. I ordered NBA2K15 before they even had an image for the product listing, but it wasn't slated to ship for a week after release. When I inquired about it, they said I missed the "release day shipping" cut-off, which was a month before E3, i.e. before any information was even available.

Sealtest

I dont understand amazon sometimes... They offer release day shipping on items then take it away.. I was waiting to upgrade my NES remix wii u to release day shipping once I got excited for it then they take away the options..

Ryde3

I have $90 of free credit basically thrust upon me for shop.ca and their half ass gaming section is leaving me with nothing to buy.

I have to say though, those Pizza Pizza shop.ca coupons were good though. I managed to get $75 in credit altogether. I received another $40 from Paypal.

Hey man you could always order a new title, like Shadow of Mordor and then try your luck exchanging it at Wal-Mart?

Ryde3

On hold right now. The guy's trying to figure out how to do it without cancelling my order with the discount. Hopefully he pulls through.

Edit: Yup, he got it done. For some reason I have to wait 24 hours. He suggested picking it up tomorrow morning and to give CS a call if I encounter any difficulty. Thanks for the heads-up.

Nice, good stuff! No problem man, I've lurked this thread so much in the past year I've been trying to contribute where I can!

btkadams

has anyone gone to ebgames for the pokemon codes? i hate that they're doing the distributions via code cards that you need to go in the store to get. it was so much less embarrassing sitting out in my car and doing the wifi transfer lol.

Ventara

I see people talking about getting Pokemon codes from EB. Do you have to do anything? Or do you just walk in and ask for a Gengar code? I assume this is for Pokemon X/Y?

Sora_N

I see people talking about getting Pokemon codes from EB. Do you have to do anything? Or do you just walk in and ask for a Gengar code? I assume this is for Pokemon X/Y?

Go in and ask them for the Pokemon code. That's what I did.

You aren't required to purchase or preorder so if they tell you that they are lying.

Do I need to show them anything? Or will they just give it to me for free?

Edit: Okay, thanks!

Just ask them for the Pokemon code, and assuming they have any left, they should just give it to you.

Went to one local EB Games and they were totally gone within the first few days, but just checked out another store and they had a full stack of codes (all in French, of course). I even got the Diancie code for next week!

Ventara

Just ask them for the Pokemon code, and assuming they have any left, they should just give it to you.

Went to one local EB Games and they were totally gone within the first few days, but just checked out another store and they had a full stack of codes (all in French, of course). I even got the Diancie code for next week!

So this week is Gengar and next week is Diancie? Pretty cool.

baconcow

Senran Kagura still not shipping out yet from Amazon. Fuck it, I'll go pick one up from EB Games. It'll be $10 more, but someone mentioned that Amazon cancelled their order in the OT, and I'd rather not risk it.

My copy from Amazon.ca just went into "Preparing for Shipment" status. I help off, considering going to BestBuy.ca. Apparently will still arrive Monday, Oct. 20th.

Hey man you could always order a new title, like Shadow of Mordor and then try your luck exchanging it at Wal-Mart?

I actually want Mordor.

The thing is both deals require the basket to be over $100. I really need a second choice. No Evil Within or Hryule Warriors is disappointing.

Maybe they will have Evolve.

So this week is Gengar and next week is Diancie? Pretty cool.

Technically a week and a bit, but ya, that's how it's working.

Here are scans of the two cards I received (I love Gengar's French name):

RZT8i7R.jpg

FFgAmw9.jpg

DaBoss

I wonder why they are doing serial codes now. The wireless distribution is much better. >_>

Just go into the store. Take out your DS/3DS. Use the Mystery Gift Wireless option. Get Pokemon. Leave.

zroid

Banned
I wonder why they are doing serial codes now. The wireless distribution is much better. >_>

Just go into the store. Take out your DS/3DS. Use the Mystery Gift Wireless option. Get Pokemon. Leave.

My theory is Gamestop wasn't happy about people standing outside the stores while receiving the Pokémon, so they wanted this new system in place to force everyone to enter the store at the very least. Either that or Nintendo decided shipping out distribution carts to stores was more costly than sending them a stack of cards with codes printed on them.

Flare

I returned Driveclub awhile back and just remembered FS sent me a pre-order bonus download code. Not sure if it still works, but it's useless to me now. If anyone wants it, they can have it.

Your comment reminded me, I have the Hyrule Warriors DLC code from Future Shop (Skyward Sword costumes). I returned the game so the code remains unused.

Let me know if anyone wants it.

Edit: Gone

You guys see Skyward Sword often in the wild? What the hell it is with this game? It's a Zelda game on the most popular Nintendo console ever... Prices are stupid on amazon, BB and FS never have it used, sold out at every Gamestop near me...

I had a guy trading me his copy for my new copy of Smash 3DS but he backed out after making me wait for 2 days...

Fularu

Banned
You guys see Skyward Sword often in the wild? What the hell it is with this game? It's a Zelda game on the most popular Nintendo console ever... Prices are stupid on amazon, BB and FS never have it used, sold out at every Gamestop near me...

I had a guy trading me his copy for my new copy of Smash 3DS but he backed out after making me wait for 2 days...

Depends on how much you'll pay.

But it's about 45$ US brand new on ebay.

Madness

Don't do this, it's fucking scummy. Take this shit advice to RFD if you want to make a buck at any cost.

Not only scummy, it actually is fraud and not only do employees get in shit because they supposedly have an extra copy of a game they never sold, but it's also the reason why almost every single store now has a mandatory receipt policy.

Not to mention a lot of places have even started requiring ID, take a picture, or ask for your signature/info, return fraud is a huge thing these days.

baconcow

OT: Are there any credit card like Amazon Visa which doesn't charge any foreign exchange fee?

TD Canada Trust has an American funds Visa without foreign exchange fees. Uses US funds from a US funds account. I don't believe it costs anything and you get lower rates on the for the initial currency exchange. Pretty much a necessity if you take a trip down South and don't want to pay 2.5 and poor exchange rates on every purchase. Likely every major Canadian bank has this.

Megasoum

Banned
Not really anything to do with this thread but I need to vent...

Ok so I want to play Borderlands Pre-Sequel but I don't want to pay 60$, the game is region locked on Steam and a dude selling copies for 30$ in the B/S/T thread hasn't replied to my PM sent at 8 this morning....

Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhh.... I feel much better now. Thanks for listening.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Not really anything to do with this thread but I need to vent...

Ok so I want to play Borderlands Pre-Sequel but I don't want to pay 60$, the game is region locked on Steam and a dude selling copies for 30$ in the B/S/T thread hasn't replied to my PM sent at 8 this morning....

Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhh.... I feel much better now. Thanks for listening.

Try to distract yourself in other ways. Go for a jog or watch a good movie. Contrary to what GAF says, there is more in life than just video games! :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Pfff... bullshit... I'll keep refreshing my inbox instead.

LOOOOOOOOOL

On a side note, I'm thinking on working on a ski centre this winter. Any gaffers who have had good/bad experiences doing this?

Firestorm

Still waiting on mine as well but not in a big hurry.

Top Bottom