• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Anth0ny

Any good deals for a Kinectless Xbox One right now? Gotta get one for the Master Chief Collection next month.

Real shitty that North America isn't getting that MCC White Xbone bundle that other countries are getting.

Also, the new Gamecube controller is definitely compatible with Gamecube and Wii.

Madness

Any good deals for a Kinectless Xbox One right now? Gotta get one for the Master Chief Collection next month.

I'll second this motion. Seems the safest bet is to buy one of the available bundles coming soon but if you don't want sunset overdrive or Call of duty 11 then .. question marks ?

I had an old Elite 120gb model, but without the hard drive. Microsoft Store was giving $100 trade in credit and I put it towards the Sunset bundle. So I basically got it for $299+tax. I'm pretty sure you can find some old working Phat xbox or if you have one, take it to the Microsoft store and try the same. Sell the sunset code if you want. I'm probably going to try and sell my Sunset digital code for like $40-$50 to anyone local in the lower mainland or something.

I had an old Elite 120gb model, but without the hard drive. Microsoft Store was giving $100 trade in credit and I put it towards the Sunset bundle. So I basically got it for $299+tax. I'm pretty sure you can find some old working Phat xbox or if you have one, take it to the Microsoft store and try the same. Sell the sunset code if you want. I'm probably going to try and sell my Sunset digital code for like $40-$50 to anyone local in the lower mainland or something.
Meh, don't want a white Xbox One. I'm a stickler for having matching electronics.

m23

I know a guy who used to work with marketing for Best Buy, and asked him why they did that deal. He basically said it was literally just a idea from an over excited marketing guy, that somehow made it through every decision maker in the company, to the point of following through. They lost a TON of money from it, and will never ever do it again haha.

Lol that was an amazing day. I managed to get a copy of each game. Sold ghosts back though and upgraded ac4 and bf4 to Xbox one versions.

Yeah, that's never going to happen again.

isny

napkin dispenser
Serious question, any deals or suggestions for pillows? I need some...

Sorry, I've been out of the country for five months and had little to no internet, so my pillow deal scouting powers haven't been used in awhile. I'm sure you'll find something closer to boxing day or black friday, just hold out a wee bit longer.

Returners

Your not the only one, In the past few months we haven't gotten any confirmation that were getting it and whenever we ask Ready at Dawn were told to ask Sony.

From what I've looked at online. Canada is getting the collectors only.

Amazon has the collectors edition up still and updated with the pictures. Premium is no where to be found.

Ebgames.ca only has collectors up as well.

MarkusRJR

Has the white Wii U been discontinued? I can't see it on BB or FS. My current game pad is kind of broken. I was going to wait to see if there were a new basic Wii U holiday bundle, but I have a feeling there might not be one this year.

Should I just try and find on in stores, or should I wait it out and see if there is a new bundle.

mdubs

Banned
Has the white Wii U been discontinued? I can't see it on BB or FS. My current game pad is kind of broken. I was going to wait to see if there were a new basic Wii U holiday bundle, but I have a feeling there might not be one this year.

Should I just try and find on in stores, or should I wait it out and see if there is a new bundle.

No they already announced the 3D World bundle and MK8 bundle so I think the chances of the white one making an appearance are slim. Keep in mind you can buy a refurbished black one (it impeccable condition) from Nintendo online for $200 CAD so that might be an option too.

MarkusRJR

No they already announced the 3D World bundle and MK8 bundle so I think the chances of the white one making an appearance are slim. Keep in mind you can buy a refurbished black one (it impeccable condition) from Nintendo online for $200 CAD so that might be an option too.
I was specifically looking for a white one to match all my accessories. Guess I'll try and find one in stores then before they all disappear during the holidays.

The only white bundles still around at packaged with Skylanders for ~$240 or so. They've been on sale for around $200 though.

You might be able to find a non-bundled white one at Toys R Us or Shoppers.

Sealtest

Yeah it can't be redeemed yet I don't think. I guess they started handing them out early since they ran out of the other ones.

which store? I'd love to give'em a call and possibly get one.

Nope wont give over the phone, first ebgames 2 tell me that :(

So I went to EB to get the Gengar and Diancie and they said they're out of them? What the fuck? How are you out of Pokemon?

Is there any other way to get either of them? I hate this store bullshit

Lexxism

So I went to EB to get the Gengar and Diancie and they said they're out of them? What the fuck? How are you out of Pokemon?

Is there any other way to get either of them? I hate this store bullshit

Go to other stores and call them if they still have those codes?

Sealtest

If you have free long distance start calling other stores, It's what I did for the mega stones and some stores in the US were nice enough to give them out over the phone.

If you have free long distance start calling other stores, It's what I did for the mega stones and some stores in the US were nice enough to give them out over the phone.
I don't have long distance calling but I did try calling about 10 other stores and they all refused to give me the code over phone

I got to say, I respect that they'll only give out codes to people who come to the store.

Bite the bullet and go out to Langley. It'll be your evening.
Don't tempt me

Madness

Meh, don't want a white Xbox One. I'm a stickler for having matching electronics.

A few weeks ago, you could've done the same for a Madden or Forza by die, plus get a free game, and $50 store card.

You can still do the above for the Forza bundle, or the 1TB hdd advanced Warfare bundle. It worked out for me because I wanted white, and because I had an elite that EBGames would only give me $32 total for. Instead I got $100 for it off the Sunset bundle, and I'll probably sell the Sunset digital code for $45-$50 if I can.

Liberty4all

Banned
I know a guy who used to work with marketing for Best Buy, and asked him why they did that deal. He basically said it was literally just a idea from an over excited marketing guy, that somehow made it through every decision maker in the company, to the point of following through. They lost a TON of money from it, and will never ever do it again haha.

I traded in MAG (servers shut down), Eye of Judgement and one other throwaway. That day was GLORIOUS.

This may be the wrong thread for this, and google hadn't helped, but how do I get US Netflix on my Canadian account via PS3? Most of google results say I'll need to pay additional fees via a 3rd party proxy server of something. Any advice?

Sajjaja

This may be the wrong thread for this, and google hadn't helped, but how do I get US Netflix on my Canadian account via PS3? Most of google results say I'll need to pay additional fees via a 3rd party proxy server of something. Any advice?

Get American DNS codes for your internet settings.

maneil99

Google Americian DNS Netflix. There are tons updated daily. Really easy stuff and you can easily go back and forth by setting the DNS to automatic when you want to go Canadian then back to Manual after and it will save the Amercian DNS

Jinto

I returned Driveclub awhile back and just remembered FS sent me a pre-order bonus download code. Not sure if it still works, but it's useless to me now. If anyone wants it, they can have it.

i-Jest

I returned Driveclub awhile back and just remembered FS sent me a pre-order bonus download code. Not sure if it still works, but it's useless to me now. If anyone wants it, they can have it.

I'm thinking about doing the same.

If anyone's going to the Toy's R Us deal at Dufferin Mall, let us know how it went. Thinking about finally picking up 3D Land.

Top Bottom