• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Lexxism

Wow. This is my first time seeing my shipping like this. Looks like I might visit FS later today and just switch the order I got from BB.

fhTks1K.png

iphys

I wouldn't worry too much about the sold-out refurbished stuff, Nintendo will probably restock it in a few weeks. I'm waiting on a $250 Wii U bundle deal myself, or a water-walking miracle where it goes lower.

Just buy one for $300 at Shoppers tomorrow during the 20x event and you'll earn close to 60,000 Optimum points, which is enough points for a 50,000=$85 redemption plus a 8000=$10 redemption at minimum, or even more if you wait for a 50,000=$100 or $110 bonus redemption or one of the redemptions where you redeem 50,000 points for $85 and they give you 15,000 bonus points back.

N° 2048

Same here! Bought release day delivery from Amazon too. At least if it doesn't come tomorrow I can hassle them for some store credit (or at least get the money I paid for release day shipping back :()

Woke up to a nice surprise.

"Item out for delivery"

:O

Lexxism

I wouldn't worry too much about the sold-out refurbished stuff, Nintendo will probably restock it in a few weeks. I'm waiting on a $250 Wii U bundle deal myself, or a water-walking miracle where it goes lower.

Just buy one for $300 at Shoppers tomorrow during the 20x event and you'll earn close to 60,000 Optimum points, which is enough points for a 50,000=$85 redemption plus a 8000=$10 redemption at minimum, or even more if you wait for a 50,000=$100 or $110 bonus redemption or one of the redemptions where you redeem 50,000 points for $85 and they give you 15,000 bonus points back.

Speaking of 20x event @ SDM, they will have one tomorrow. That's probably the best time to buy a WiiU if you want.

I thought I was insane getting both Civilization and Bayonetta at the same time and meanwhile you one-upped me by plopping a giant 3DS time sink on top of that. I am in awe of you.

You say that, but there's almost zero chance I'm getting to Fantasy Life this month. I'm still playing through RUNE FACTORY 4 for chrissakes. I just buy too many games!

If you want to get Bayonetta 2 on its own digitally, it comes to only $54.99 on the eShop. I have the first one for my 360, so I just got 2 off the eShop. With my Digital Deluxe credit it only cost me $35.

Woohoo!

farisr

For people worried that their bayonetta 2 order may still be in the early phases and not getting out to them, my canadapost tracking basically just skipped a whole bunch of steps that it usually goes through.

Usually it goes, origin scan, item processed at origin facility, item in transit to local facility, item processed at local facility, and then item out for delivery.

This is the first time ever where I've seen steps missing. All I see is item processed at origin facility, item processed at local delivery facility, not tracking any of the steps in between.

Sweet Ivy

I used to love this thread for deals info, getting annoying to sift through all the redundant shipping related talk. I understand it sucks when items don't ship and people need to vent, but the same "OMG am I going to get it on time this time???" or "my item shipped/didn't ship" are getting old. I know people who vent about the changes in this thread get shot down, but I had to let it be known.
Maybe the real deals could be put in bold or something, I agree it may not be easy to find the right info within the chit chatting, but of course these kind of threads are also community oriented, so it's fair.
But yep, having deals bold or in red would help.

Just last week while browsing I run into a code for 20$ discount off dualshock 4 just when I needed it, so there's good stuff in here ;), but it can be easy to miss it.

TimeKillr

Did Civ: Beyond Earth ship from Best Buy for anyone?

My Bayonetta 2 shipped no problem, but Best Buy lists Beyond Earth as out of stock... so I dunno what's going on :(

zroid

Banned
Starting to feel good about the decision to not cancel my Bayonetta 2 order from Future Shop in 2013. Should be arriving in a few hours, while the slightly cheaper Amazon pre-order from this year still has no sign of any intention to ship today.

Mupod

on the subject of E3 2013 preorders, my preorder of Xenoblade is still just listed as 'Wii U X'. Didn't they say they were gonna change that?

on the subject of E3 2013 preorders, my preorder of Xenoblade is still just listed as 'Wii U X'. Didn't they say they were gonna change that?

I think that might be a dead order. I think they released a separate sku for E3 2014. I'm not too sure though.

zroid

Banned
I think that might be a dead order. I think they released a separate sku for E3 2014. I'm not too sure though.

for now I think it's safe to assume it should be ok. The "Wii U X" SKU seems to have been replaced by Xenoblade Chronicles X in their system, since there's no listing for "Wii U X" anymore. The title not changing in the order status page is probably just a bug.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
for now I think it's safe to assume it should be ok. The "Wii U X" SKU seems to have been replaced by Xenoblade Chronicles X in their system, since there's no listing for "Wii U X" anymore. The title not changing in the order status page is probably just a bug.

Futureshop's website being buggy? Nah, not possible.

(I also pre-ordered "Wii U X" a while ago... I REALLY hope they don't mess it up)

Takuan

My copy of Bayonetta 2 and the new Civ game havent shipped from Amazon yet :/ Anyone else having issues?

Yup I'm not gonna get Bayo 2 until Monday/Tuesday. Amazon doesn't ship things out on release day unless the game's specifically marked for release day shipping. I'm assuming it's to prioritize inventory for people who actually paid for same-day delivery.

suikodan

Anyone knows if we could pick up a parcel in a post office facility?

Ex: My Bayo2 arrived in Montreal (I live north shore but work there) and I wonder if I could go and pick it up directly there...

or wait until Monday :p

Ventara

Just checked my mail, and I got Bayonetta 2! So hurray! But no Fantasy Life, even though it shipped yesterday. Maybe the mailman will do a second round? I think he does that sometimes.

Oh, and B2 doesn't have a manual, and the CN code is written on the back of the coverart. Kinda sucks, but eh, Bayo 1 comes free with it.

Zing

Banned
Anyone knows if we could pick up a parcel in a post office facility?

Ex: My Bayo2 arrived in Montreal (I live north shore but work there) and I wonder if I could go and pick it up directly there...

or wait until Monday :p
I tried that once. I went to the local main post office where my package was waiting. I asked at the front desk. I asked the carriers the loading docks. No luck.

Zing

Banned
Can you use the controller with any other games? It just occured to me I have my old GCN stuff at my parents' place.
The controller, yes. The adapter, no. In other words, it's just a normal GCN controller. The adapter only works with Smash Bros, though.

Yup I'm not gonna get Bayo 2 until Monday/Tuesday. Amazon doesn't ship things out on release day unless the game's specifically marked for release day shipping. I'm assuming it's to prioritize inventory for people who actually paid for same-day delivery.

I did get release day shipping. I contacted them and they have claimed it was a system error and have moved my package to preparing to ship but now they are saying tuesday for delivery, fml

Tapejara

Hey everyone, I have a question about Captain Toad and Amazon's E3 deal.

I saw someone post earlier that they were able to get the game lowered to $39.99. Was this because Amazon didn't take the 15% off Captain Toad's new price?

If you can find yourself a Sony w900a, best led you can buy with amazing picture quality and one of the best for input lag time. Basically the perfect gaming TV.

Do your research on it and look it up and you'll thank me.

It does have the smart features and 3d as it's next to impossible to find TV's these days without it.

I am looking for 65+, but the w900a only came in 55'' size. But yeah I know it was a great quality TV

I saw someone post earlier that they were able to get the game lowered to $39.99. Was this because Amazon didn't take the 15% off Captain Toad's new price?

I would suggest you to ask amazon to adjust the price manually. I did and got it down to $31.50

Takuan

I did get release day shipping. I contacted them and they have claimed it was a system error and have moved my package to preparing to ship but now they are saying tuesday for delivery, fml

Is there a way to check whether or not you got release day shipping? I'm not gonna get the game today from them either way, but I'll still give them shit for it on the off-chance I get a coupon or something.

You will automatically get the lowest historic price in between your order date and the ship date.

Is there any hope with trying the Captain Toad discount for FutureShop's E3 promo? I don't think they ever adjusted the price.
In my experience, FS doesn't auto-adjust the price on shipping the way Amazon does. You might have some luck calling in and asking a CSR to make the adjustment manually.

Tapejara

I would suggest you to ask amazon to adjust the price manually. I did and got it down to $31.50

Is there a way to check whether or not you got release day shipping? I'm not gonna get the game today from them either way, but I'll still give them shit for it on the off-chance I get a coupon or something.

You will automatically get the lowest historic price in between your order date and the ship date.

Cool, thanks guys!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
It seems Tekken does not qualify for the typical "buy 2 get $10 off 2 3DS games" deals anymore on Bestbuy's website.

10172229.jpg

RIP you magnificent bastard.

Top Bottom