• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Returners

It seems Tekken does not qualify for the typical "buy 2 get $10 off 2 3DS games" deals anymore on Bestbuy's website.

10172229.jpg

RIP you magnificent bastard.

Why do I keep getting a 404 on the promo listing? Is it valid for this week?

antibolo

Banned
I reserved Bayonetta 2 today for in-store pickup at my local BB.

No way was I going to put my faith in an online pre-order for a game that releases on a Friday.

Lexxism

Errr. I hope there won't be any problem if they delivery it on Monday
Code:
2014/10/24	08:42	BRAMPTON	Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay

koopas

I reserved Bayonetta 2 today for in-store pickup at my local BB.

No way was I going to put my faith in an online pre-order for a game that releases on a Friday.
Is there any way to order online paying with paypal and pick up in store at bb/fs or anywhere else?

Have some paypal fun bucks I'd like to get rid of.

Vinc

My girlfriend was home all day and my Bayo 2 copy from Future Shop was out for delivery, then the website updated with "Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up."

I thought that was weird, but what's even weirder is that I got home and there's NO card in my mailbox!

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What gives?

Lexxism

My girlfriend was home all day and my Bayo 2 copy from Future Shop was out for delivery, then the website updated with "Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up."

I thought that was weird, but what's even weirder is that I got home and there's NO card in my mailbox!

If you didn't get one, you might get it by Monday.

FrsDvl

Happened to me with my ps4. Keep eye on tracking number. I managed to pick up my ps4 from the post office later on the same day.

Happened to me once, not too long ago actually. They actually did try to deliver it, but to the wrong house. So they also left the delivery card at the wrong house -.-

zroid

Banned
Man, Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, and Fantasy Life all on the same day...

embarrassment of riches, this

y u do dis Nintendo

So I just had my first online order get lost in the mail for some reason.

I bought a copy of the Wonderful 101 from this American reseller in Amazon. The game was supposed to be at my door by at least the 10th of October but never made it.

The package tracking didn't get an update since the 28th of last month. Last thing it said it was was heading to some border crossing facility in NY.

This week resorted to contacting the reseller, Canada Post, the USPS, and the Canadian Border Service Agency to know where it was. All of them had no idea.

I just got my refund but I still feel disappointed.

Ventara

Hmm, I'm debating whether I should stop by FS and buy Fantasy Life, then do the switcharoo with my online BB copy. I got my shipping notice yesterday with Bayonetta 2, but only Bayonetta 2 came in today's mail before I left for work. I know I'm in the minority, but Fantasy Life is what I was looking forward to play more.

ohlawd

Bayo 2 and Fantasy Life got here safe and sound.

the year's almost over and everyhing I've ordered from FS/BB this year all made launch date. Bless them <3

espher

Wait, what? I remember buying both Other M and Sin and Punishment 2 for $10 each at Walmart a few years ago. Did they shoot up in value or something? :S

They just never dropped the MSRP on them here. Seems they don't for anything unless it ends up repackaged in their bargain bin.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Yup, was home all day, website tracking said attempted delivery and they left a card but when I checked there was nothing there. A few hours later the notice card showed up in my mailbox.

Edit: What's the deal with Star Fox 64 3D's price everywhere? Ever since picking up my 3DS I've been looking to grab that game somewhere cheap, but everyone has it at launch price, or higher in some cases.

lupinko

Yup, was home all day, website tracking said attempted delivery and they left a card but when I checked there was nothing there. A few hours later the notice card showed up in my mailbox.

Edit: What's the deal with Star Fox 64 3D's price everywhere? Ever since picking up my 3DS I've been looking to grab that game somewhere cheap, but everyone has it at launch price, or higher in some cases.

You missed out when Futureshop sold it brand new for $10.

Ventara

How long ago was that? I only got my 3DS just before Smash Bros launch.

That was a while back. Maybe last year? I got mine from Amazon when they had it, SM3DL and a few niche games for $10. That one was 2 years ago.

Anyways, how low are you looking to get it for? I think you'd be able to get it for around $20-25 with some looking around.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
That was a while back. Maybe last year? I got mine from Amazon when they had it, SM3DL and a few niche games for $10. That one was 2 years ago.

Anyways, how low are you looking to get it for? I think you'd be able to get it for around $20-25 with some looking around.

At this point if I saw it for $20 I'd buy it. Seems to be pretty rare for some reason.

Ventara

At this point if I saw it for $20 I'd buy it. Seems to be pretty rare for some reason.

Oh wow, I just looked around, and you're right. Even on Ebay, it seems to go for $25-30. I could've sworn I saw this for $20 a few weeks back. I guess that's Nintendo for you. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Oh wow, I just looked around, and you're right. Even on Ebay, it seems to go for $25-30. I could've sworn I saw this for $20 a few weeks back. I guess that's Nintendo for you. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Someone posted a RFD hot deal for Mario Kart DS at $20. Bloody Nintendo prices, mang.

Yort

I got Star Fox 64 3D from Futureshop last Black Friday for $15. I haven't really noticed it since. I'm waiting on a deal on OoT 3D, it's always $40.

Ventara

I got Star Fox 64 3D from Futureshop last Black Friday for $15. I haven't really noticed it since. I'm waiting on a deal on OoT 3D, it's always $40.

I was waiting for that, too, but then 2 years passed and it was still $40. I ended up getting it for $30 with Best Buy's $10 off 3DS games sale. I think something like that might be your best bet. I wouldn't count on Nintendo to drop its price.

DJ_Lae

Damn, I didn't hear UPS come by earlier, bunch of packages were left at the side door including Beyond Earth and Bayonetta 2.

Going to play Bayonetta 2 until Beyond Earth installs, then it's nothing but Civ all weekend.

I'm also keeping an eye on my MS order for the Sunset Overdrive bundle. I have a feeling I should have also preordered in store just to make sure...but even if they cancel my order it seems like we won't have to pay for the game or the XBL credit...or who knows. Their entire order system seems really sketchy.

Madness

I'm picking up the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle and what's the best deal I can get on it?

Thanks

Trade in old hardware at the Microsoft Store, get $100 off the Sunset bundle. Even if you don't have old hardware, you could probably buy a cheap, working non-modded Xbox 360 phat and use that I guess.

I had an old elite, got the sunset bundle to $299, if only I was a week earlier or so, the manager probably would have thrown in the free $50 store credit and free game too.

DJ_Lae

I ordered a backup preorder for that Sunset Overdrive in case Microsoft does cancel my preorder. Normally I'd go Amazon but I figured Future Shop would be a lot easier if MS does come through and I have to return this one.

i-Jest

Trade in old hardware at the Microsoft Store, get $100 off the Sunset bundle. Even if you don't have old hardware, you could probably buy a cheap, working non-modded Xbox 360 phat and use that I guess.

I had an old elite, got the sunset bundle to $299, if only I was a week earlier or so, the manager probably would have thrown in the free $50 store credit and free game too.

Do you need to include a controller with the console?

SirKhalid

I ordered a backup preorder for that Sunset Overdrive in case Microsoft does cancel my preorder. Normally I'd go Amazon but I figured Future Shop would be a lot easier if MS does come through and I have to return this one.
Did you pre-order when they gave the free game + 50$? I just got the shipping confirmation from Microsoft Store.

Jinto

Remember when Best Buy was supposed to cancel those Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition E3 pre-orders? When I check my order on the website, it's still there, but when I check the emails from them, it's not there anymore. First time I've noticed this.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Did Wii Shop Channel ever have sales? I want to buy Fast Racing League but I can wait if there's a good chance it'll go on sale.

It'll never go on sale now, and I think there might have been 1-2 sales on certain VC titles and that's all.

Sulla1980

Remember when Best Buy was supposed to cancel those Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition E3 pre-orders? When I check my order on the website, it's still there, but when I check the emails from them, it's not there anymore. First time I've noticed this.

Huh. I just checked, and I have the same situation. I guess that means it won't come.

My Civ: Beyond Earth preorder is out of stock. I don't know why a preorder would be out of stock - like, surely my preorder counted for something? I know that I am rehashing old problems, but I am just mildly annoyed enough to make a post.

iiicon

Just to update on my Microsoft Store order woes, after sending a couple polite(ly insulting) e-mails, I received a $75 code as compensation for the lost copy of Destiny which I used on Halo MCC, and my Xbox just shipped despite escalation telling me the item is backordered. So a whole lot of frustration over nothing, really.

espher

not strictly true, the MSRPs for several 3DS games have been reduced

For Nintendo 1st-party stuff?

Well, I guess I have seen some drop $5 or w/e now that I think about it. They certainly didn't do it very often (if at all) for Wii games, though. At least not at the store closest to my home.

Top Bottom