• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Moltenix

Just got my shipping notice from the Microsoft Store. Looks like my Sunset bundle might make it here this week after all.

The bundle is officially out on Tuesday, Oct28 but their website had the release date set to Friday, Oct31. I suspect it'll be here by Friday at the latest.

CKB3375

Not sure if it's common knowledge but for anyone in TO there is some kind of Sunset Overdrive event happening at Dundas Square. They're setting up Sunset Overdrive kiosks this morning.

Trade in old hardware at the Microsoft Store, get $100 off the Sunset bundle. Even if you don't have old hardware, you could probably buy a cheap, working non-modded Xbox 360 phat and use that I guess.

I had an old elite, got the sunset bundle to $299, if only I was a week earlier or so, the manager probably would have thrown in the free $50 store credit and free game too.

The sad part about that is there are no Microsoft stores in Montreal. I need to drive to Toronto to make that happen.

Returners

Remember when Best Buy was supposed to cancel those Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition E3 pre-orders? When I check my order on the website, it's still there, but when I check the emails from them, it's not there anymore. First time I've noticed this.

The total of that shipping order should already not include the price of the price error Kyrat edition.

Happened a while ago.

Madness

Do you need to include a controller with the console?

Yes. It needs to have the power supply, av/hdmi cable, and a controller.

On an unrelated note, have you guys ever redeemed digital game codes from someone in another country on Xbox One? For example, say someone in the US was selling a cheap FIFA code will you redeem it in Canada? And likewise, if I wanted to sell my Sunset Overdrive code, someone in the UK/US should be able to redeem it no problems no?

DJ_Lae

Did you pre-order when they gave the free game + 50$? I just got the shipping confirmation from Microsoft Store.

Yup. I just got my shipping notice too, so I'll cancel that Future Shop order.

I was worried they wouldn't send it, maybe I got in early enough (although I cannot see how they would be out of bundles, they're still accepting preorders on their site).

I managed to swap Destiny for Forza Horizon 2 for my free game (and get $5 back) so I'm very pleased with getting in on that bundle.

edit - damn it, Future Shop order has already processed, I can't cancel it now, will have to just return it when it arrives

Tuck

Lol, thanks amazon.

ACMlJxs.jpg

flkraven

The XB1 stereo headset is $59.99 at Futureshop and Amazon. Should I grab a set? I've heard good things and this is the lowest price I've seen.

Madness

Tempted but wired? wtf Microsoft.

Don't they have anything like the Sony Gold headsets?

Not yet. I believe the new Turtle Beach is the first fully wireless one. The headset on the Xbox One is wired, but it's also really good. My cousin goes on and on about it, trying to get me to get one, but I don't really need it. $59.99 is a good price though.

balohna

It's wired but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it plugs into the controller. So it's not like you have a wire running to your console.

N° 2048

Not yet. I believe the new Turtle Beach is the first fully wireless one. The headset on the Xbox One is wired, but it's also really good. My cousin goes on and on about it, trying to get me to get one, but I don't really need it. $59.99 is a good price though.

Thanks for the info, shame the Turtle Beaches are pricey.

It's wired but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it plugs into the controller. So it's not like you have a wire running to your console.

Not a fan, I hate having to get up and unplug or take the controller with me.

With the Gold Wireless style I can just get up without worries of pulling my controller with me...

jholmes

Not sure if it's common knowledge but for anyone in TO there is some kind of Sunset Overdrive event happening at Dundas Square. They're setting up Sunset Overdrive kiosks this morning.

Oh geez. I might have checked this out if I checked the thread this morning.

Futureshop went crazy! "After Hours SALE! SAVE an extra 60% during checkout!"

Legend Of Zelda: Link Between Worlds is 14$ used...

20$ for Mario Kart 8!

Edit: Bayonetta 2 has 10% off in case you missed E3. Captain Toad too!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

20$ for Mario Kart 8!

Where are you seeing this?

Most things say 10% off at most. Nothing for MK8.

Where are you seeing this?

Most things say 10% off at most. Nothing for MK8.

Used games. MK8 sold out. Mario Galaxy 2 for 12$ sold out as I was buying.

Sorry, it was not clear on the website about what was 60%, 10% or nothing. PS4 used game have no deal at all.

Edit: At least I got Captain Toad for 40.49$. Doesn't beat E3 Amazon, but sure beats Futureshop and BestBuy E3 price.

zroid

Banned
Picked up Twilight Princess and Sonic Racing Transformed for $6 each.

...Own a launch copy of TP but I lent it to someone years ago and pretty sure it's long gone. :( I'm more careful with whom I lend my games to these days.

So the website glitched out for me twice, and I assume it is because an item in my cart went out of stock. I was going to get No More Heroes and Batman Origins for Wii U, but the website is so slow. So I managed to get Sniper Elite Wii U, Lego Batman 2 Wii U, Harvest Moon Magical Melody Wii, and Trauma Center Wii for $30.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

20$ for Mario Kart 8!

Goddammit, not OoT 3D. :(

So Wario64 posted on his twitter that the Call Of Duty: AW Xbox One 1TB bundle supposedly going to be $450 at launch in the States.

I don't think they would bring that price here considering Microsoft Canada are already taking a huge hit with the $ as is.

Well for anyone crossing the border soon, its a good deal considering you get the game and a 1TB hard drive. It does look quite fancy I guess with that gold plating and few other things.

B0t5JTfCcAABHDv.jpg:large

balohna

I'm not seeing discounts get applied in my cart. I'm on the west coast, where it isn't 8 PM yet. Could be something fucked with their site's code? I guess I'll try again in 15 minutes.

I'd like that, but I'll pass since I don't need it.

That's the first time I've seen the midnight blue controller. It's not too bad. For some reason, I've become obsessed over coloured/different controllers. If I was rich, I'd collect.

ohlawd

I'm not seeing discounts get applied in my cart. I'm on the west coast, where it isn't 8 PM yet. Could be something fucked with their site's code? I guess I'll try again in 15 minutes.

talking about FS? went to check and I'm seeing my stuff get discounted. I live in BC.

daevv

I re-bought Killzone Mercenary for $16 as I'm getting a PSTV for Christmas. Also Snagged New Super Mario Bros for the DS at $6. Never played it and only play Shovel Knight, Mega Man 2, and Zelda 2 on my 3DS. :)

daevv

Does EB Games take Vita Memory cards in trade? A guy is selling one locally for cheap as he said they would only take the Vita not the memory card. It's so cheap I think something may be wrong with it, like they tested it and it wasn't working. I'd phone but everything is closed.

Yeah. Weird.

I tried adding Bayonetta 2 to my cart and it's still 64.99. I haven't actually initiated checkout, but looking at my cart there is no change.

Yea it doesn't work for Bayonetta even though it says it on the page... You can call them to ask if they will manually adjust it if you buy it. (if it worth 6.49$ to you)

Might be an error and the released Wii U games are not supposed to have the message, doesn't work either for Hyrule Warriors.

Does EB Games take Vita Memory cards in trade? A guy is selling one locally for cheap as he said they would only take the Vita not the memory card. It's so cheap I think something may be wrong with it, like they tested it and it wasn't working. I'd phone but everything is closed.

Yeah, he's lying. I was just at EB Games today, and they gave me the trade-in value of an 8GB card ($4.75, for the record).

Top Bottom