• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Captain Toad came in the mail today. Preordered at the E3 deal thing they had running. First time I've gotten a package from amazon.ca that break street date by this much!
I bet Amazon saw my post and felt bad. You're all welcome. :p

PFD

My NCIX order from last Thursday still hasn't shipped, even though it's been fully processed since Friday...

nguyeken

Neo Member
anybody got their preorder for kingdom hearts 2.5 limited edition yet? mine still in order processing. I preorder about 1.5 month ago.

Ryne

anybody got their preorder for kingdom hearts 2.5 limited edition yet? mine still in order processing. I preorder about 1.5 month ago.

Mines is still "In Progress" and I ordered back in June. Looks like they just didn't get enough copies.

bryt

I got mine yesterday. I'm in Surrey, BC. I preordered the regular edition during E3, but they shipped me the limited edition though...

Hazu

Free Amiibo when you purchase a Wii U game this week at Target.

Has to be Captain Toad, Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart 8 though I think.

DJ_Lae

Damn, I was planning on picking Toad and some sort of amiibo up eventually, this sweetens the deal.

Wonder if anyone is going to have a decent deal on Disney Infinity figures. Wouldn't mind nabbing a few for the kids for Christmas.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Oh well, that makes asinine comments totally better.
I'm gonna continue posting in whatever manner I please.

Don't like it? There's a big Ignore button when you click on my username. Either click that or get over yourself. I'm tired of people like you with their faux outrage and making mountains out of anthills over every little issue.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna continue posting in whatever manner I please.

Don't like it? There's a big Ignore button when you click on my username. Either click that or get over yourself. I'm tired of people like you with their faux outrage and making mountains out of anthills over every little issue.

Pretty sure inflammatory comments are frowned upon by GAF's moderation.

ohlawd

yo Black Republican, pls confirm Target amiibo deal lol

I actually don't wanna do the return trick for Captain Toad with FS right now so it better be legit.

What happened in here?

tZOS8.gif

Joeku

Free Amiibo when you purchase a Wii U game this week at Target.

Has to be Captain Toad, Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart 8 though I think.

Tricky part here is if any of them got restocked at all. Most amiibos are gone at my Target.

Ugh disc read error when playing Super Mario 3D World. Bought it used so maybe it's a bad disc (though it looks fine). Hope there isn't something wrong with the Wii U.

It's also been over 30 days since I bought the game so I can't return/exchange it. Guess it's trade fodder at EB?

Sora_N

Ugh disc read error when playing Super Mario 3D World. Bought it used so maybe it's a bad disc (though it looks fine). Hope there isn't something wrong with the Wii U.

It's also been over 30 days since I bought the game so I can't return/exchange it. Guess it's trade fodder at EB?

You got the nsmbu bundle I guess?

Chilikar

Ordered from Futureshop, still "In Progress" but the game's listed as sold out. :/

I have the same issue here. Really sad that a big corporation like Future Shop/Best Buy are having mistakes like these. You would think the bare minimum stock they would have is the amount of preorders

Is it normal that NISA wants to charge me for shipping for order over $50?

I assume that offer doesn't apply to international orders. They've always charged me for shipping.

They shipped out my order on Dec 1 from Richmond. It's was in Calgary for two days before appearing back in Richmond today. I live in BC. :/

Sealtest

Anymore news on if the order 1886 Premium editions are even coming to Canada yet?
Noone else cept for amazon that one time has had them up and I cannot get a straight answer from Ready at dawn

-Deimos

I only use the gamepad when it's absolutely necessary and even then I keep it plugged in. It's ridiculous that you can't turn off the screen when you're using it.

This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know if it is possible to return games pre-ordered through the E3 future shop deal if you decide you don't want them? I know you can't cancel them without the entire order but can you just return one when you get it? Thinking of returning Captain Toad from FS and buying it at Target for the amiibo deal.

Thanks

Sora_N

This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know if it is possible to return games pre-ordered through the E3 future shop deal if you decide you don't want them? I know you can't cancel them without the entire order but can you just return one when you get it?

Thanks

Yes you can return them to the store just print the receipt. Also you can call to cancel individual games

My Evil Within I bought on Black Friday arrived from Walmart! Yay!

And it has REAL instruction books, wow. Been a long time since I cracked open a game and had to immediately trash a french manual.

Fuzzy

Yes you can return them to the store just print the receipt. Also you can call to cancel individual games
You don't even need to print the receipt. You can just show the order number from your phone or even show nothing and they'll scan the barcode and find your order that way. I don't call to cancel individual games because I don't want to risk getting someone on the phone that cancels the entire order by mistake (it happened to me once and I had to call again for them to fix it).

Sora_N

You don't even need to print the receipt. You can just show the order number from your phone or even show nothing and they'll scan the barcode and find your order that way. I don't call to cancel individual games because I don't want to risk getting someone on the phone that cancels the entire order by mistake (it happened to me once and I had to call again for them to fix it).

I actually split my orders into a few games, don't wanna deal with problems like that.

I usually do 3-4 games an order only lol.

Any Kitchener-Waterloo gaf here? Wife and I are moving in January and neither of us have been too the area before. We are looking for a place within travel distance to Uwaterloo and aren't sure which areas to look in/avoid so any advice would be awesome.

Fuzzy

Any Kitchener-Waterloo gaf here? Wife and I are moving in January and neither of us have been too the area before. We are looking for a place within travel distance to Uwaterloo and aren't sure which areas to look in/avoid so any advice would be awesome.
krae_man lives there. Send him a PM incase he doesn't see your post because he's going down to Vegas this weekend for the PSE. He also posts a lot in the Toronto-GAF thread.

Much appreciated thanks :)

I moved to KW from Boston (USA) four years ago. Not really much to avoid. Honestly, the entire area is travel distance to UofW. I live in Kitchener at by Highway 8 and it would take me about 15 minutes to get there.

Sapiens

I only use the gamepad when it's absolutely necessary and even then I keep it plugged in. It's ridiculous that you can't turn off the screen when you're using it.

One of the most shocking things about the WiiU, imo. Makes things like sort of useless netflix app even more useless.

Top Bottom