• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

snack

Hello fellow Canadians! I have steam wallet (in Canadian funds) that I'd like to get rid of in exchange for PayPal.

I can offer better discounts, the more steam wallet you purchase from me. PM me if interested.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here buying Guilty Gear Xrd? Now that the LE has been delayed, does anyone know the return period for the mayor retailers here? Basically what I'm going to do is buy the regular edition that comes out on the 16th, play it, wait for the LE to arrive (around 2 weeks hopefully), and return the sealed LE copy. Out of BB, FS, EB, and Amazon who has the longest return period?

antibolo

Banned
I gotta go to EB anyway. They're the only ones that stock niche shit.

Amazon can gtfo with their ship years after launch policy.

I go with VGP now. Their shipping is not free but they've always shipped at launch so far, including niche shit from Aksys and Xseed and such.

Sora_N

Anyone know where I can find the Lego City Advent Calendar? Turns out I might need another one and it's already December, might be too late now. :/

Returners

So update. I ended up with the Seagate harddrive 2TB which had the Samsung ST2000LM003. Bought it at BB for 99.99 + tax

Works flawlessly.

Anyone here buying Guilty Gear Xrd? Now that the LE has been delayed, does anyone know the return period for the mayor retailers here? Basically what I'm going to do is buy the regular edition that comes out on the 16th, play it, wait for the LE to arrive (around 2 weeks hopefully), and return the sealed LE copy. Out of BB, FS, EB, and Amazon who has the longest return period?

Are you sure the copy that comes in the LE will have the same sku as the regular copy you buy?

I think it's 30 days for most places but their website will have the details.

ElNino

Anyone know where I can find the Lego City Advent Calendar? Turns out I might need another one and it's already December, might be too late now. :/
If you find any let me know.

My son REALLY wanted one of these but we didn't buy it when we saw them the first time. My wife went looking with him on the weekend and couldn't find them anywhere (Target, Toys R Us, Mastermind, Walmart, etc). Totally our fault for not buying it early, but still a bummer for him.
He is still spoiled rotten so maybe it's not the worst thing in the world to happen to him though.

Mimosa97

select games tell me 69.99 so probably that.

congrats on paying 59.99 each; the price we should be paying!

That's what I thought ...

What a joke.

Edit : Sony just cancelled my order for this TV http://store.sony.ca/fr/t-l-viseur-...zid31-KDL48W600B/cat-31-catid-All-Sony-HD-TVs

They were supposed to ship it today and I've already been charged ... They didn't give my any details in the e-mail. When i try calling the costumer service i get put on hold for +30mns before it cuts ...

Fuck my life :(

EB Games got an email this morning stating that on December 12 only Zelda, Diddy and Little Mac will be released.

No word on Luigi, Captain Falcon and Pit...

They also said Zelda will be very limited. Also they won't be taking orders in store.

chaosaeon

Huh, checked out Shoppers after that guy mentioned using points and discount to get the price of a PS4 to around 300 bucks. Shoppers didn't even have TLoU/GTA bundle, and they were charging $499 just for a basic PS4. What's wrong with my Shoppers.

i-Jest

GameStop USA, Canada EB Games doesn't even have it on their website yet and people in store have no idea if they will get it.

Shulk's coming in the third wave though right? Those won't be released until next year. I doubt official word would have come down the grape vine before then.

stn

Quick question. I ordered Watch Dogs from the MS Store when it was $15, it now says its back ordered. Does this mean they'll deliver it once they have stock? So should I just wait? Thanks.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Have you guys noticed that Black Friday deals were pretty bad this year right when Quebec is once again drumming up the sovereignty hype.

Coincidence? I think not! Those French are SCHEMING to make us pay more for their eccentric, baguette munching ways.

Teletraan1

Banned
I still have an unused PS+ card from last year, I'm worried the code will expire or something but it doesn't list one on the card. So I figure worst case scenario I can just call Sony and complain about it. I'd just use it but my PS4 still has a good 6-7 months of time on it from the previous owner (my brother) and so far the IGC games have been crap I already own or don't want.

Anyways, is there somewhere to buy a battle.net authenticator in Canada for a reasonable price? The shipping from Blizzard triples the cost of the thing. And the one on amazon is $30, wtf it's 6 bucks normally.

If you have a smartphone you can use the software authenticator for free. A few years back I called to complain about the shipping of an authenticator with Blizzards customer service and the rep ended up sending me one completely free of charge. Obviously YMMV on that.

Have you guys noticed that Black Friday deals were pretty bad this year right when Quebec is once again drumming up the sovereignty hype.

Coincidence? I think not! Those French are SCHEMING to make us pay more for their eccentric, baguette munching ways.

Yea! The year where we elected the Liberal Party! Sovereignty is dead, talking about it too much is probably the reason Liberal won that easy and Parti Québécois went down in shame. (I know that you are joking, though! Well, I hope!)

Lexxism

Yea! The year where we elected the Liberal Party! Sovereignty is dead, talking about it too much is probably the reason Liberal won that easy and Parti Québécois went down in shame. (I know that you are joking, though! Well, I hope!)

I'm pretty sure he is. He made the same thing with the French language being the reason for games price hike.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm pretty sure he is. He made the same thing with the French language being the reason for games price hike.
Damn some of you guys have sharp memories.

antibolo

Banned

Can you stop the french bashing on this thread, please.

Mimosa97

Damn some of you guys have sharp memories.

Don't you dare take my bilingual games from me ! I swear i'll go on hunger strike .. hummmmm... maybe not hunger strike ... but i'll go on strike ! Like a true frenchman ! And you won't be able to stop me !

I'm not joking !

flippeh

Captain Toad came in the mail today. Preordered at the E3 deal thing they had running. First time I've gotten a package from amazon.ca that break street date by this much!

Top Bottom