• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Using TIVS.ca app, $18 TIV for PS3 and $20 for 360.

Thanks!

Now my only concern is to know if there's gonna be a "GOTY-edition" of GTA5, but i think it's more or less standard now for Rockstar games to get one a year or two after the initial release.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
There's a "trade 1 game and get Kirby/Mario Golf free" promo at EBgames. I think the game must be worth $15 or more in their system however.

I think I'll trade my PS3 version of GTA5 (should be worth more than $15... I hope!), and re-buy the game when the super-deluxe-all-DLCs-and-60fps version will be out on PS4. It's more or less confirmed at this point, right?
Might end up trading Bravely Default for Kirby. Can't get through it anymore, haven't enjoyed it. Might as well get rid of it.

Zing

Banned
There's a "trade 1 game and get Kirby/Mario Golf free" promo at EBgames. I think the game must be worth $15 or more in their system however
Bah, I was hoping to trade Animal Crossing. I don't really have anything else worthwhile. I assume Rayman Legends is worthless.

Lexxism

Might end up trading Bravely Default for Kirby. Can't get through it anymore, haven't enjoyed it. Might as well get rid of it.

Unfortunately, it only has $13 value. I don't think there's a handheld game worth $15+. It's all gonna be console game.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately, it only has $13 value. I don't think there's a handheld game worth $15+. It's all gonna be console game.
That's lame, don't really have any console games I'm willing to part with.

i-Jest

The Last of Us Remastered, Borderlands 2 Vita and a few others. The ones I want at least.

As far as I can tell The Last of Us Remastered isn't apart of the BB promotion. You can always preorder it off Amazon if anything. Also, if it's anything like Bravely Default CE, preorders might be available again before release.

Lexxism

Oh you guys. You're not seriously considering picking up SIMCITY, are you? Or should I say, SimTown? The single biggest disappointment of 2013 for me.

That said, maybe for $20 it won't seem as awful. But seriously, I can't in good conscience allow all this talk of people considering SimCity without at least trying to warn you all!

Do the Cities of tomorrow include the Digital Deluxe pack?

amrod

Amazon.ca Deals I found

Rayman Legends PS4
Price: CDN$ 29.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: CDN$ 15.00 (33%)

Trials Fusion PS4
Price: CDN$ 33.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: CDN$ 6.00 (15%)

RE_Player

Glad I picked up Sly Cooper fast on Vita from Best Buy. Never knew they sold out or stopped pre-orders. Same with Borderlands 2.

Also why is the Ouya always in the best seller list on Amazon?

Lexxism

I remember someone here ordered a PSV 64GB memory card from yesasia. How long did it take to deliver? Also, did you get hit with custom fees?

Jinto

I remember someone here ordered a PSV 64GB memory card from yesasia. How long did it take to deliver? Also, did you get hit with custom fees?

Took less than a week using the express shipping option. I ordered right before the weekend and received it the following Tuesday. No custom fees.

I wonder if Bestbuy will ever fix the no-Wii U 15% off preorders option. Or if they'd intended no Wii U at all.

Some people have brought it up on their forums, at least.

Excellent! I pre-ordered with a closed credit card and will just price match at Future Shop on release day with the invoice from Amazon. Wooohoo!

That's I good idea. Have you done it before? and are you sure they'll honor it? If so i'll just cancel my order and do the same so I can get it the day it releases instead of waiting for amazon to ship.

ohlawd

fuck it, I'll spend the $3 for Crash 2, 3 and Team Racing so I can have them in my download list whenver Sony gets around to adding Vita functionality.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

I know o_O I was able to score the Kirby Tripe Deluxe pre-order with Bravely Default nonetheless due to my Edge Card but I was shocked... I mean 13$ wutttt

I also traded-in Killzone: Shadow Fall. The game was terrible and the the forest level was just a pain to deal with - got Mario Golf on pre-order with it :)

Also traded-in some of my other games that I didn't enjoy. They were just on shelftop decorating.

That's I good idea. Have you done it before? and are you sure they'll honor it? If so i'll just cancel my order and do the same so I can get it the day it releases instead of waiting for amazon to ship.

I've done it with every game I've bought since the price hike. Thief, Donkey Kong, etc. I have over 30 games pre ordered on Amazon at the $60 point to do this all year and beyond.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Among the games on the list I could possibly want, I own most of them already, unfortunately...
Most? Lucky you, there are none I want that I don't already have.

fuck it, I'll spend the $3 for Crash 2, 3 and Team Racing so I can have them in my download list whenver Sony gets around to adding Vita functionality.
I don't believe they'll ever be playable here. There's no reason they shouldn't already be considering they are elsewhere.

jholmes

I went on the Wii U eShop today and saw Nintendo hiked the prices of a bunch of downloadable games like Dr. Luigi and NES Remix. Pretty thrilled to see that. They're leaving Virtual Console alone, at least so far, so that's good.

On an unrelated note, thanks for the heads-up on the Best Buy preorder deal. I got Mario Kart 8 down but my credit card expires before the far-off games like X and Smash Bros. come out, so I can't preorder them. Mrgrgr

I went on the Wii U eShop today and saw Nintendo hiked the prices of a bunch of downloadable games like Dr. Luigi and NES Remix. Pretty thrilled to see that. They're leaving Virtual Console alone, at least so far, so that's good.

On an unrelated note, thanks for the heads-up on the Best Buy preorder deal. I got Mario Kart 8 down but my credit card expires before the far-off games like X and Smash Bros. come out, so I can't preorder them. Mrgrgr

You can always edit your CC info right before the game (X, Smash Bros) processes prior to shipment.

I've done it with every game I've bought since the price hike. Thief, Donkey Kong, etc. I have over 30 games pre ordered on Amazon at the $60 point to do this all year and beyond.

So just bring in a print out of your email invoice on release date and that's it? It doesn't have to be while the sale at Amazon is still active so they can check?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So just bring in a print out of your email invoice on release date and that's it? It doesn't have to be while the sale at Amazon is still active so they can check?
I think it depends if the store gives a shit or not. My store has implemented a policy where the cashier has to take out their smartphone and manually check the price themselves at the store that you are using to pricematch.

Top Bottom