• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

flkraven

Is PS4 is readily available supply? I reserved at both a Future Shop and Best Buy nearby and Infamous: Second Son, but they've only reserved Infamous: Second Son -- I don't want to make an unnecessary trip and be disappointed lol.

I'm literally seeing giant stacks of PS4s at FS, BB, and Walmart. That price hike really did a number on demand.

Zing

Banned
Noticed something strange and I was hoping some other people can help clarify on this since the store is closed now at this hour. So it looks like a few Futureshop in Toronto are listing Demon Gaze for the Vita as 'In Stock' now even though the game releases next Tuesday.
Unlikely to actually sell it. I had the same situation with a 3DS game earlier this year (bravely default? Yoshi? Can't remember). It was "in stock" at store, but I was not able to buy until release day.

Quick

Banned
I'm looking to replace my original Sony PS3 Wireless Headset for either the Pulse or Gold ones.

Which one is better?

Vibranium

Banned
This thread needs to be renamed. There are no deals. Canadian Gaming Ripoffs and Discussion Thread IV.

Yep. And use the subtitle: "Canadian CEOs beware"

That preorder thing at Best Buy.ca is slightly tempting, wish I could price match it at Futureshop. I will probably wait to see if they actually do something for us and bring back the E3 deals though.

amrod

what time tonight? 6 PM PST?

UT8zuS9.png

ohlawd

Yep. And use the subtitle: "Canadian CEOs beware"

That preorder thing at Best Buy.ca is slightly tempting, wish I could price match it at Futureshop. I will probably wait to see if they actually do something for us and bring back the E3 deals though.

I'll just cancel the preorders if the E3 deals are back. Just in case, man, because you never know.

khaaan

Anyone know how MTF return policies are like?

So this is Best Buy's version of the after hours sale? Hope this one doesn't suck like the last after hours sale.

15% off of all pre-orders isn't horrible. I'm going to grab Sly on the Vita and mmmmaaaybbbbe Borderlands 2.

RE_Player

Updated all my pre-orders. Saving $20 on Watch Dogs is a huge plus.

15% off of all pre-orders isn't horrible. I'm going to grab Sly on the Vita and mmmmaaaybbbbe Borderlands 2.
Grabbed Sly and Borderlands 2 Vita as well. Any savings is better than nothing.

ohlawd

the hell? Bayonetta 2 and other Wii U games aren't getting the deal.

I'll just preorder some Xbone games in the meantime >_>

khaaan

Smash Bros doesn't seem to qualify for whatever reason. I put it in my cart and it didn't get a discount while Sly did. I'm bummed that I didn't grab it during the FS deal but the only time I've enjoyed Smash Bros is during local play. It's been looking killer recently and I'm hoping Namco will help alleviate the online issues Brawl had.

Grabbed Sly and Borderlands 2 Vita as well. Any savings is better than nothing.

I'm still on the fence for Borderlands 2...the IGN vid didn't look too promising but at the same time I don't think it looks unbearable.

RE_Player

So Trials Fusion, although out now, is on sale through Best Buys whole 15% off pre-order promotion. Comes out to $38.41 after taxes so not huge savings but people may have wanted a physical copy over digital.

Link

ohlawd

Smash Bros doesn't seem to qualify for whatever reason. I put it in my cart and it didn't get a discount while Sly did. I'm bummed that I didn't grab it during the FS deal but the only time I've enjoyed Smash Bros is during local play. It's been looking killer recently and I'm hoping Namco will help alleviate the online issues Brawl had.

The weird thing is MK8 is one of the games shown on the entire flyer and it doesn't qualify either.

RE_Player

I'm still on the fence for Borderlands 2...the IGN vid didn't look too promising but at the same time I don't think it looks unbearable.
I'm pre-ordering now because I could always cancel if it turns out bad. The Vita bundle comes out a week before Borderlands 2 stand alone so there will be plenty of impressions, reviews and videos out.

Top Bottom