• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Has anybody seen any psp consoles at a retail level in ontario? (Best Buy, Fshop etc.)

Having a hard time trying to track one down.

I have an OG barely used softmodded psp here somewhere. Send me a pm with an offer and if I can find it it's yours.

I was able to go get Lightning Returns at Staples for 19.97$ as per GAF members! :)

Thxs guys, I'm really happy about my purchase. Was not willing to shell out 59.99$ but FFXIII saga is a small guilty pleasure of mine and at 19.97$, it's just the right price lol

My store in Thunder Bay Ontario has yet to put anything on clearance. Was there this afternoon and Lightning Returns rung up at $59.99. Lame.

Lexxism

FBlnmAF.png

Any chances for better Xbone deals during E3?
I'd buy it if SDM carry Titanfall bundle but they don't!

If anything we might see new bundles announced or a price drop on current bundles(more likely) but I doubt if it would effect Canadians because Microsoft is already taking quite a hit with the $$ conversion selling X1 at $499.

But they're desperate, so who knows.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've been thinking about getting a Chromecast, but one of the reviews says the Canadian model can't work with unblock-us as it has a Canadian DNS built in. The older one is fine though right? It says US Compatible, so I assume I can watch the American Netflix on it.

Zeeman

So what's the cheapest available game that EB will take as a Kirby trade-in? Does Staples still have their clearance going on?

ohlawd

I remember someone was looking for Atelier Meruru + or Atelir Totori + to go on sale. It will be on sale tomorrow for $19.59 ea.

Here's the full list.

Wasn't that you? Or chrominance... or Sora? Oh man, how about all y'all? I waited a longasstime for Totori+ to go on sale. Finally. Mothereffing finally. I bought Meruru+ at launch but I haven't booted it up once because I needed a Totori+ save for extra stuff.

Gotta admit tho, Sony got me good with this sale. I'm breaking the hell out of my "two games at a time" rule. And I still haven't received my Demon Gaze LE and Mario Golf is 'round the corner. Too many games, need to stahp.

Yasumi

Banned
Grabbed Mario 3D Land with my Demon Gaze-screwup $20 Futureshop coupon for ~$16 shipped. If the post-game turns out to be easy stuff, I'll forever question 3DS GAF's collective skill level. Better be good gais or imma judge you. >=|

I was going to get Demon Gaze digitally, but then the Golden Week sale popped up and now I need to rebudget. Think I'll get Ys for some RPG'n and DBZ since it's only $10 and the demo wasn't bad. Maybe ToS Collection and Neptunia V too.

Grabbed Mario 3D Land with my Demon Gaze-screwup $20 Futureshop coupon for ~$16 shipped. If the post-game turns out to be easy stuff, I'll forever question 3DS GAF's collective skill level. Better be good gais or imma judge you. >=|

I was going to get Demon Gaze digitally, but then the Golden Week sale popped up and now I need to rebudget. Think I'll get Ys for some RPG'n and DBZ since it's only $10 and the demo wasn't bad. Maybe ToS Collection and Neptunia V too.

Post game is hard, but I found the difficulty a bit artificial. Same levels mostly reused but they just add a space clone, a lower time limit, no checkpoint, fewer powerups, etc.

ohlawd

I uhh don't think anyone's ever said 3D Land's postgame is hard. Not balls hard, at least. There's some good quality platforming in there and you should focus on that instead.

Sora_N

I remember someone was looking for Atelier Meruru + or Atelir Totori + to go on sale. It will be on sale tomorrow for $19.59 ea.

Here's the full list.

I was one of the people! My patience paid off. I'm buying those two games at least, but MAN those sales are so good. I will wait for the next sale for the other games I'm interested in.

I'm almost gonna buy Chrono Cross for $3.50, I don't own a copy anymore.

flkraven

Not really gaming related, but what do you guys think about this android box?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...ox-XBMC-Midnight-MX-1G-RAM-8G/1819681378.html

Things I know:
- Aliexpress is a questionable site sometimes (but they have full-refund buyer protection)
- Seller is relatively new (but see buy protection point)
- It's only $38 USD
- It doesn't have HD Netflix (which I don't need)
- It's a one day sale

Do I take the plunge? I basically want a cheap XBMC box, and this seems to be it.

zroid

Banned
I have been trying to sell my Infamous second son with no taker. Am I asking too much for $40?

I wouldn't say it's too much, but it's at that borderline price where most people who are willing to pay that much have already bought it (like from the E3 deal).

Palehorse

I have been trying to sell my Infamous second son with no taker. Am I asking too much for $40?

1. The install base for PS4 is still relatively small so the saturation in your area is going to dampen used sales.

2. As arguably the best PS4 game to date Infamous probably had a fairly high percentage of system owners jumping on board when it came out, so like Zeeroid said, there wont' be too many people interested who didn't buy it already. I'm not sure you'd see a sale even at $30.

What do you guys think I should sell a Vita + 8 GB memory card for on kijiji? I want to get the slim next week because, thinking about it, I value for factor/improved buttons over the OLED screen. So I've gotta sell this old one.

elty

This is pretty funny - I preordered two PS4 so I offered to sell the other one at cost. There was no taker at all so I just returned it to FS.

What do you guys think I should sell a Vita + 8 GB memory card for on kijiji? I want to get the slim next week because, thinking about it, I value for factor/improved buttons over the OLED screen. So I've gotta sell this old one.

I'd say if you get $150, that's decent considering the new one will retail at $199 starting next week.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, anybody knows where I could get Kirby: Squeak Squad (complete) for a not-completely-crazy price? Didn't see it in stock at the major chains selling used games, and the prices on Amazon and eBay are above the original price at release...!

Vibranium

Banned
Wolfenstein is $54 when you buy it digitally on PSN for PS3 and PS4. Not a crazy deal but its the cheapest i've seen it for pre-order.

Arggh, so tempting but I'm going after a retail copy so I can trade it in.

It pisses me off how Ubisoft now charges $70 for their full-retail titles, especially since taxes in Quebec are pretty bad (funny how Ubi Montreal is based there) Hopefully sales in Canada go down and they reconsider.

Arggh, so tempting but I'm going after a retail copy so I can trade it in.

It pisses me off how Ubisoft now charges $70 for their full-retail titles, especially since taxes in Quebec are pretty bad (funny how Ubi Montreal is based there) Hopefully sales in Canada go down and they reconsider.

Unless you really want it day one I'd give it a couple weeks then you can get it for like $50 maybe less, I don't mind punishing them by buying off Kijiji saving taxes and more!

UberTag

Both Ubisoft and Square Enix tie an anchor to the asking price of their titles barely two months after they go on sale.

I fully expect we'll be seeing Watch Dogs for $40 by Labor Day and for $20-30 for Black Friday / Boxing Day.
If it's just going to sit on a pile for a while anyhow, there's no reason not to wait.
Especially when they have a bunch of DLC waiting for you to buy when you finally commit.

mdubs

Banned

I didn't find it hard at all, some of the most fun I've had playing a 3D Mario. The final level took me probably more than an hour of trying to beat though.

jackharm

Neo Member
R.I.P. my copy of Dark Souls II CE (PC).

According to UPS rep my 'shipper' (NamcoBandai) sent them an invoice which had quite a vast price difference than my invoice resulting in a $84 fee (luckily I called in before they delivered).

And by 'a vast price difference' an order of the Collector's Edition and a free promotion t-shit somehow equates to a value of two Collector's Editions (about $242 'total estimated value')
:mad:

I have sent an email to NamcoBandai and talked with a UPS rep who directed me to a fellow named Fred Brok.

Hopefully things pan out okay.

If not. . . I guess lesson learned. :'(

EDIT:

Also forgot to mention that UPS said they would charge me to look at/correct the issue that the shipper caused?

Lexxism

Hah! Perfect! Good thing I pre-ordered MK8 for 39.99 last year with E3 deals. I can even get 1 out of the 4 free games. Good job Nintendo!

Lexxism

What are you talking about?...

Nintendo just had a direct for MK8.
Additionally, anyone who registers a copy of Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, 2014 can redeem one free Wii U game from a selection of four.

Nintendo is offering a digital copy of Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U to Mario Kart 8 owners.

via IGN.

edit: Beaten.

Anth0ny

Already have all of those games...

I wish we could have had the same selection as Europe. I've been waiting for a deal on Sonic Lost World.

Megasoum

Banned
Futureshop's website and customer support is completely fucked up.

So I pre-ordered watch_dogs in January. I still get a mail every week telling me that the item is "waiting for a release date"... I even received one of those this morning.

However, when I log on the FS website I can't see any orders placed in the last 12 months... I actually want to cancel that order since I bought the game on Origin but I can't see the other to cancel it.

I tried filling up the support form and send a mail to the "social media team" after the twitter account told me to do so and I have yet to see any answers to those querries.....

This is starting to get really annoying.

Top Bottom