• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ohlawd

Living in BC, there is no tax applied when buying the PSN pre-paid card, however we do get taxed when purchasing a game in PSN.
I don't get charged for cards and buying stuff on PSN o.o

Pretty sure I have my shit set in BC so I ain't cheating like on eShop lol

Living in BC, there is no tax applied when buying the PSN pre-paid card, however we do get taxed when purchasing a game in PSN.

Are you sure? If they started taxing us on PSN games in BC it was very recent. I bought Dying Light off PSN two weeks ago and I'm fairly certain there was no tax on it.

isny

napkin dispenser
$5 off any purchase of $25 or more at Staples. PM for the code.

One time use, first person to PM gets it.

Valid in-store only February 23-March 1, 2015.

zroid

Banned
I think I'm the only one who isn't interested in anything on this list.

Everyone is hyped but me.

nothing for me either.

there's a few games on the list I'd buy but they're still too rich for my blood.

(also I don't have PS+ so the sales aren't quite as good for me)

NEW DEAL

Holy crap, some of these Vita game deals are insane. (Starts some time tomorrow.)

Wanna get those Atelier games, but that rumored Atelier trilogy from a while back has me in "Maybe I'll just wait" mode.

Also for those in Toronto, it looks like Gamerama in Midtown is moving to 2470 Yonge Street, so near the American Apparel and NCIX. Maybe they'll have cheap stuff... Probably not. A lot of those stores, including the EB Games, are probably gonna get moved out since that area is gonna get turned into a retail/condo building.

Wanna get those Atelier games, but that rumored Atelier trilogy from a while back has me in "Maybe I'll just wait" mode.

Also for those in Toronto, it looks like Gamerama in Midtown is moving to 2470 Yonge Street, so near the American Apparel and NCIX. Maybe they'll have cheap stuff... Probably not. A lot of those stores, including the EB Games, are probably gonna get moved out since that area is gonna get turned into a retail/condo building.

Bleh. I use that EB frequently.

Hopefully the quality of Gamerama improves when they move. That store is a mess.

Maybe the EB will find a lot in the Yonge/Eglinton Mall that is close by.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've heard Gamerama under went an ownership change. Has it improved their store at all? They always had an okay selection of games, but their store was a mess and employees were asshats.

Bleh. I use that EB frequently.

Hopefully the quality of Gamerama improves when they move. That store is a mess.

Maybe the EB will find a lot in the Yonge/Eglinton Mall that is close by.

Yeah, I live in the area, and I used to rely on that EB Games a lot before the Canadian price change apocalypse. The card store in Eglinton Mall is actually closing. Wonder if the EB Games will move into one of the many vacant spaces in that small mall.

The Gamerama is moving specifically to that... Pasterie Cafe thing. The one to the right of American Apparel. I don't think that lot is big either, but who knows. I've never liked going to their store, except for when I need to keep getting my 60GB PS3 on life support for $50. A lot of the stores in that area are emptied out too cause Foot Locker, Vita Sociale (pweh) and that Pasterie Cafe all closed down.

Ryne

Video card prices just keep going up as well, lucky I bought mine when I did.

The same card that was 634 3 weeks ago is now 699, yikes.

Ac30

Has anyone had a package sit in a sorting area for Canada Post for days on end? I ordered a new 3DS with a deliver by estimate of this Friday but it just arrived in the Richmond distribution centre today according to the CP tracker, and I live in Vancouver...

curb

Banned
Has anyone had a package sit in a sorting area for Canada Post for days on end? I ordered a new 3DS with a deliver by estimate of this Friday but it just arrived in the Richmond distribution centre today according to the CP tracker, and I live in Vancouver...

I just had something from Amazon do that. I ordered it last weekend and it went to the Canada Post that Sunday. It then sat until today when it showed up in Toronto. It's due for delivery tomorrow. In the end, it sat in Richmond BC over a week.

khaaan

hows Tales of Hearts R?

i enjoyed Vesperia/Phantasia if that helps?

From a story and character perspective you will probably be pretty disappointed as the main character is dumber than a sack of bricks and his main motivation for every single thing that happens, no matter how unreasonable, is "BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GUY AND THAT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!". Once I accepted this mentality and shifted my expectations to be more light hearted I eventually really started to really like the cast of characters.

Visually it's on the bland side which is kind of a bummer, they didn't put too much effort into translating the game into 3D. Gameplay is great, I've never been very good at Tales combo's but this one seems to put an emphasis on letting you get your combo numbers up there by giving you few different tools. If you've liked gameplay elements which involve putting your enemy in a staggered state and then wailing away on them then I think you'll enjoy it. It's a good 30-40+ hours depending on how much you want to see.

I've completely forgotten what the music was like.

Ac30

I just had something from Amazon do that. I ordered it last weekend and it went to the Canada Post that Sunday. It then sat until today when it showed up in Toronto. It's due for delivery tomorrow. In the end, it sat in Richmond BC over a week.

Mine was sent from Ontario and arrived here today, but that's disheartening to hear... Ugh. It's under an hour from where I live and now it's gonna sit there all week.

iLLmAtlc

Any of you guys order Sony headphones from Walmart's Black Friday sale? I notice mine are some cheap black ones called 310-apb but the ones on sale were the zx600. I honestly don't know if I bought the wrong ones or if they sent me the wrong one.

Took me this long because I bought em for backup and never opened it. Now my sister kinda wants the zx600's.

stn

Selling: Hauppauge 1212 HD PVR (near-perfect condition)
Price: $60

I'm willing to ship if outside of Ontario, just know that it'll add to the cost. PM me! Cheers.

mdubs

Banned
The last few weeks on Canada-gaf

UfgqV2ul.png

The Canadian Amiibo thread hit 5,000 posts in less than three weeks. I still can't believe people were arguing against segregating it from this thread. Completely correct decision and I'm so glad it's gone from here.

The Canadian Amiibo thread hit 5,000 posts in less than three weeks. I still can't believe people were arguing against segregating it from this thread. Completely correct decision and I'm so glad it's gone from here.

And I can't believe people CONTINUE to bring it up. Seriously...it's done. Move on.

Agree! I'm finally starting to read this thread again after months of avoiding it!

EB Games bravely leading the charge into the unknown land of $74.99

3a8f1ed78a.jpg

Also Dead Island 2, Omega Quintet and others

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

GOD DAMN IT I actually want Disgaea 5 on day one as well. It can't end this way.

VGP please save me. Please have Under Night in Birth and Hyperdevotion Noire available in-store by Wednesday.

Zing

Banned
The exchange rate increases the amount of tax we pay on goods, so it's even a greater disincentive to spend.

I have trouble imagining anyone spending $85 for a new game. EB Games will make out like a bandit, though, since games bought with trade-in credit aren't taxed.

Top Bottom