• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

PuffyCan

I live in Québec City

I stand by my statement, Poutine is garbage.

The only time I can see myself having some is at 4 am at Ashton after clubbing with a bunch of friends. Because everything else is closed

Ashton poutine is one of the worst, you should try some at le cactus on myrand. It's one of the best poutine available in quebec city, especialy the one with pulled pork. As a bonus they have some really good microbrewed beer. The taverne on grande-allée have a pretty good one too.

Giard

Ashton poutine is one of the worst, you should try some at le cactus on myrand. It's one of the best poutine available in quebec city, especialy the one with pulled pork. As a bonus they have some really good microbrewed beer. The taverne on grande-allée have a pretty good one too.

Hell yes, I love the poutine with sausage at Le Cactus.

For some really cheap but good poutine, Valentine or Benny's is a good choice IMO.

diaspora

Cool. Ever since the transition I've had problems checking up on my past pre-orders.

My FFXV one is still showing as "in progress" when I check. Could be a server issue.

edit: Mass Effect Trilogy (PC Origin) is available on Amazon US for $10.20 ($12.42 CAD) holy shit

edit 2: Also, a reasonably good sale on Steam/Origin/Uplay games are up on the uplay store. Worth looking at imo.

I would believe anything at this point. If we were at the height of COD popularity (like Modern Warfare 2), I'd totally see them pushing that envelope. The series taking a bit of a dive in popularity is the only reason why I think $79.99 or $84.99 is more likely.

diaspora

I would believe anything at this point. If we were at the height of COD popularity (like Modern Warfare 2), I'd totally see them pushing that envelope. The series taking a bit of a dive in popularity is the only reason why I think $79.99 or $84.99 is more likely.

AW was available digitally on Amazon US. If BLOPS3 pushes past $70 CAD, most would be better off buying it digitally through Amazon.com.

Enilced2

Battlefront is $70 CAD, $3 cheaper than buying at $60 USD and converting to CAD. Alternatively, pre-ordering the online game code for Origin through Amazon US would yield a cheaper price from not having to deal with HST.

edit: this will probably be the case with BLOPS3 too unless Steam prevents you from redeeming US codes.

Where are you seeing Battlefront for 70$ CAD? Is that digital on live or psn?

Kieli

Looked at BestBuy flyer.

PS4 controller for $75.

topkek....

Who the heck buys a controller for 3/4 of a Robert Borden?....

iLLmAtlc

iuno bout you guys but my PS4 hasn't been on for like 2 months >_>

i'm actually afraid of wrecking my controller from the inactivity

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
iuno bout you guys but my PS4 hasn't been on for like 2 months >_>

i'm actually afraid of wrecking my controller from the inactivity

Too busy eating poutine? Bloodborne is pretty great.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Has the PS TV deal been posted from RFD? A friend pm'd with BB and got it for sub-$60. This is the game bundle btw.

I know it's poutine heresy, but I'll take shredded over curds any day.

Don't get me wrong, I still like it with curds, but the texture just grates on me.

I don't mind shredded cheese on Texas fries or the like but I wouldn't call that poutine. Shredded cheese cost very little compared to curds. I'd guess 3 to 5 times less.

Renewed

If anyone's interested, ToysRUs is offering $10 off amiibo compatible games. Also, apply CineplexFeb to get another $10 off for an order over $50. Keep in mind that free shipping kicks in at $49, meaning a game that gets below $49 as a result has to charge shipping. So whether it's worth it or not is up to you. You could simply select pick up in-store and go about it that way. Or if you don't want to go through ToysRUs, try price matching at another store like Best Buy.

Also, not all amiibo compatible games have been discounted (namely Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+, Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Xenoblade 3D).

This ends on April 30th.

Mario Party 10 - $49.97

Super Smash Bros for Wii U - $54.97

Super Smash Bros for 3DS - $34.97

Mario Kart 8 - $54.97

Hyrule Warriors - $54.97

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - $34.97

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - $34.97

Ventara

If anyone's interested, ToysRUs is offering $10 amiibo compatible games. Also, apply CineplexFeb to get another $10 off for an order over $50. Keep in mind that free shipping kicks in at $50, meaning a game that gets below $50 as a result has to charge shipping. So whether it's worth it or not is up to you.

Also, not all amiibo compatible games have been discounted (namely Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+, Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Xenoblade 3D).

Mario Party 10 - $49.97

Mario Kart 8 - $54.97

Hyrule Warriors - $54.97

Thanks for posting! $80 for Mario Kart 8 + Kirby isn't bad.

Does anyone use a Sennheiser G4ME headset what kind of setup do you use when you're using it for your consoles? which splitter wire is good or amplifier ? The one that comes with sennheiser appears not to work with xbox one or ps4..so you can't chat with people.

It's weird how things work.

I'd been trying to sell both NHL 15 and Shadow of Mordor for between $30 and $40 for months, but didn't have a lot of luck. People would email me on Kijiji, but then not reply again. I hate that.

The best I could do at EB now was $48 if I added Saints Row IV last-gen into the mix, and Best Buy would only offer $20 each. I was getting close to trading them, though.

Then, I put two new adds up yesterday and got replies. And, in a matter of four hours, both were sold for $30 each.

I'll likely rebuy Mordor in the future if it's really cheap, because it's great, but I figured I'd get some money for it now. I'm bored of NHL.

zroid

Banned
I really need to get a N3DS XL charging cradle. This manual plugging thing is no life for me.

But it's sold out on Nintendo's online store :'(

Renewed

Ace Combat has amiibo support?

Yeah, gives your jet a themed skin for what you scan in.

latest

latest

Jinto

I really need to get a N3DS XL charging cradle. This manual plugging thing is no life for me.

But it's sold out on Nintendo's online store :'(

You can get them on Ebay for a little over $17 if you don't mind waiting for them to be shipped from Japan. It'll still be faster than waiting for Nintendo to restock them, probably. If you account for shipping, it's pretty much the same price.

Jinto

Lol, thanks. It's been tough being an Oilers' fan for the last 9 years. Everything that happened this past week was pretty surreal, man. I'm not the biggest Chiarelli fan, but anything is better than Lowe and MacT.

khaaan

Is the Toys R Us deal the best thing I"m going to find for Hyrule Warriors? If I haven't been able to find it for sub $40 now I feel like I never will.

mdubs

Banned
Is the Toys R Us deal the best thing I"m going to find for Hyrule Warriors? If I haven't been able to find it for sub $40 now I feel like I never will.

Probably. It's difficult to count on Nintendo games ever dropping below $40 before they are out of print or like 4+ years old

terrible

Banned
Does anyone use a Sennheiser G4ME headset what kind of setup do you use when you're using it for your consoles? which splitter wire is good or amplifier ? The one that comes with sennheiser appears not to work with xbox one or ps4..so you can't chat with people.

The G4ME headset has regular 3.5mm jacks for the headphones and mic right? I'm assuming it does because it looks like it in photos.

An Astro Mixamp is probably the most common setup for a stereo headset and mic. On Xbox One you'll also need the Xbox One Stereo Headset adapter and probably the Turtle Beach PS4 chat cable (yes, the PS4 one). Yeah, Microsoft really made it a pain in the ass to get a stereo headset working this gen. Assuming you get it directly from Astro the Mixamp should work fine out of the box on PS4. That's what I use for both Xbox One and PS4 with my headphones and mic.

Alternatively you could just buy a simple adapter like this. You'd still need the Xbox One stereo headset adapter as well for Xbox but this is all you need for PS4. PS the adapter I linked to has reviews stating it works, if you just find a random one that looks similar it may not work.

Jinto

I have 535 Club Nintendo coins and absolutely nothing I want to redeem them for, so if anyone wants any of the games, let me know and I'll redeem them for you.

First person to respond gets their choice of any game worth 300 coins or less. Second person can pick whatever game with the remaining coins I have left.

The caveat is you need at least 30 posts in this thread to be eligible.

Sora_N

I have 535 Club Nintendo coins and absolutely nothing I want to redeem them for, so if anyone wants any of the games, let me know and I'll redeem them for you.

First person to respond gets their choice of any game worth 300 coins or less. Second person can pick whatever game with the remaining coins I have left.

Golden Sun please? Lol

I'd like golden sun as well.

MarkusRJR

If anyone's interested, ToysRUs is offering $10 off amiibo compatible games. Also, apply CineplexFeb to get another $10 off for an order over $50. Keep in mind that free shipping kicks in at $49, meaning a game that gets below $49 as a result has to charge shipping. So whether it's worth it or not is up to you.

Mario Party 10 - $49.97

Mario Kart 8 - $54.97

Hyrule Warriors - $54.97

Is this sale online only? I want Kirby but it's sold out online.

I would totally use links awakening if the offer is still available! :) Thanks

DVG

If anyone's interested, ToysRUs is offering $10 off amiibo compatible games. Also, apply CineplexFeb to get another $10 off for an order over $50. Keep in mind that free shipping kicks in at $49, meaning a game that gets below $49 as a result has to charge shipping. So whether it's worth it or not is up to you.

Mario Party 10 - $49.97

Mario Kart 8 - $54.97

Hyrule Warriors - $54.97

Thanks for the heads up! Been looking to get Hyrule Warriors for a cheaper price. And you can avoid the shipping fee by doing the in store pick up.

Top Bottom