• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Dazzler

So my Nexus 5 is dying a death and I'm 11 months from qualifying for an upgrade. What's a good place to pick up on off contract phone guys?

It's getting to the point where people are going to start going south of the border to buy games lol

i might be foregoing buying a ps4 because of the prices. $80 for a single game is really ridiculous.

it'll be hard especially for games like uncharted where we can play the sp any year down the road but the mp is great. :(

farisr

For anyone looking to preorder God of War III Remastered for PS4, it's $39.99 on Amazon right now ($10 off) http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00UXXHAGQ/

Following that link, I just realized that Street Fighter V's regular preorder price is 59.99 at amazon.ca.

I'm really wondering what kind of E3 deals there will be this year. I mean, last year games were coming out to 49.99. whereas the year before it was 39.99. Is it really going to get to the point where 59.99 will be a "deal"?

iLLmAtlc

Following that link, I just realized that Street Fighter V's regular preorder price is 59.99 at amazon.ca.

I'm really wondering what kind of E3 deals there will be this year. I mean, last year games were coming out to 49.99. whereas the year before it was 39.99. Is it really going to get to the point where 59.99 will be a "deal"?

prices seem to be going up by the week. pre order now cancel later if e3 deal is still alive.

personally i feel like FS closing down is the perfect excuse to discontinue the e3 deals.

Renewed

So this is the case now?
At least it's $30 up and not $50...

Probably gonna make a new character in Monster Hunter and let that comfort me.

F4Tr5Rn.png

poodpick

Wait, you mean it might go even higher? Guys, I can't deal with $90 games.

Right now the price of oil is artificially higher because it's being bought on the cheap to be put into storage. Once that reaches capacity the price will drop, by how much I don't know and unfortunately the dollar is tied to the price of oil.

SickBoy

There's about 8 cents of leeway before $80 is actually "par" for prices. Hopefully there's a little bit of common sense from publishers/distributors.

Banned
London Drugs has the ps vita bundle with the DS3 and 8GB memory card for $59.99. Just price matched at best buy for $55.99.

Jrpg backlog, here I come!

Ondore

Might need to buy some... ok, a lot... of stuff on the Wii Shop in the near future. I'm guessing Wii points have dropped off the face of the bloomin' earth?

Xenoflare

Anyone knows if Best Buy is carrying Devil Survivor 2 3ds in stores? Recently a lot of niche titles went online only for them. The ones from top of my head is Toukiden Kiwami and Etrian Mystery Dungeon.

When did Walmart hire a bunch of people that don't have a clue what they're doing for their online customer service?

Follow up: Since when has Walmart NOT price matched Amazon.ca? I know for a fact I've had them do that. Now they're saying they don't?

When did Walmart hire a bunch of people that don't have a clue what they're doing for their online customer service?

Follow up: Since when has Walmart NOT price matched Amazon.ca? I know for a fact I've had them do that. Now they're saying they don't?

I guess you're speaking about the Online store? Because in-store (brick'n'mortar) they shouldn't be pricematching Amazon, ever.

Top Bottom