• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

Any armchair experts want to forecast when 1-2 Switch starts to tank in value (at retail, or in the secondary market... or both).

I'm interested, but $65 is too rich for my blood. Even $40 new is a bit much, but that's the point where I'd maybe start considering it, on account of the fact that I do play a decent amount of local multiplayer with friends.

killroy87

Any armchair experts want to forecast when 1-2 Switch starts to tank in value (at retail, or in the secondary market... or both).

I'm interested, but $65 is too rich for my blood. Even $40 new is a bit much, but that's the point where I'd maybe start considering it, on account of the fact that I do play a decent amount of local multiplayer with friends.
It would be a lot easier to gauge if it was any other publisher. But Nintendo can be pretty stubborn.

Besides, we don't know of the game is even selling poorly.

Sora_N

I will pay 50 for it but don't have anyone to play with anyway. I can wait till it drops in price.

1-2 Months

tiijj

Get the Hori licensed hard pouch instead. The official Nintendo made case is lousy.

The good thing about the official is that it fits really well, it's cushioning the system so that it doesn't rattle inside. I guess that's why I like the official case even though it is made of a softer material compared to the hori tough case. I don't have any experience with the hori tough case but I do have the hori slim case, it should be the same or at least similar. The problem I have with the hori is the fit inside. It has been my experience with all the hori case that I have (vita, 3ds, 3ds xl, and new 3ds) they tend to make the the inside a little bit bigger, so it tends to rattle/move. My guess is that they are accounting for the bigger size with a cover on, the one that they sell. I believe they usually release 3 types (silicone, tpu, and hard plastic).

I am currently looking at the RDS case which looks nice, I hope it fits well coz it's like $30-$40.

Jamtin

Neo Member
Anyone know if the BotW season pass available at EB is Switch only or if it works on Wii U? Not convinced I'll get it but I'd at least mull it over.

When I traded in for my Switch version of the BotW Season Pass I asked at my EB and they told me that you can get either a code for the Switch version or a code for the Wii U version of the Season Pass with the trade in deal till April 2.

As well, for the trade one game in for Snipperclips & BotW Season Pass there is a way to get a deal. On the list of $12 games posted in the thread earlier it has the Xbox One version of Resident Evil Origins qualifying for the trade in deal. At the moment on Best Buy(Both In-store & Online) & Amazon the Xbox One version of Resident Evil Origins is going for $19.95 plus tax. So you can get either Snipperclips or BotW Season Pass at par going this route if you want to save a bit of money but have nothing to trade in at the moment.

killroy87

Cancelled my Mass Effect pre-order that I've had for a couple E3s. Was getting it for like $50, but all this preview coverage is making it look super rough. I have a million games to play, so I'll pick it up later on down the road on sae should it prove worthwhile

Cancelled my Mass Effect pre-order that I've had for a couple E3s. Was getting it for like $50, but all this preview coverage is making it look super rough. I have a million games to play, so I'll pick it up later on down the road on sae should it prove worthwhile

Same. If I want more Mass Effect I'll just play the originals again.

Just started the EA access trial and boy the character creator is hot trash

terrible

Banned
I canceled my Mass Effect pre-order too. It looks like a bargain bin game at this point unfortunately. I may end up only playing it for the multiplayer.

killroy87

What? Andromeda is getting bad previews? Oh no....
A lot of the preview coverage has been solid, but I've watched a few hours of let's plays now and it doesn't look too hot.

I dunno. Worst case, it turns out really solid, and I have something to look forward to when the summer hits. Horizon and Zelda are more than enough to carry me to Persona.

Thinking about doing the same. Which kills me because 1-3 are some of my favorite games. But if Inquisition is anything to go by, Andromeda will be $20 within a year.

Returners

What's everyone's experience with Canada Post lately delivery on Play-Asia items?

I have an package that arrived in Canada on 2nd of Feb but I haven't yet received it.

Ventara

I know I'm asking you to look into a crystal ball here, but if you had to guess, how long do you think before Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Horizon, Nioh and Nier Automata drop to $45 or less each (not simultaneously), if ever? Reason I'm asking is with EB's B2G1F deal, those games would be about $47 used, which seems like a good deal, but I won't be playing them yet since I still need to finish Zelda, and I just got The Last Guardian, so it might take up to 2 months before I get to them.

What's everyone's experience with Canada Post lately delivery on Play-Asia items?

I have an package that arrived in Canada on 2nd of Feb but I haven't yet received it.

Wow, that's quite a long while. I've got a few packages coming my way and I hope I don't run into the same thing.

big_z

Is there any way to tell what you'll be charged for a specific game on an amazon preorder before it ships?(discount + any price adjustments) I want to see how much mass effect would cost me but it only shows grand total and the original msrp as far as I can tell.

I will likely do the same tomorrow. Im fine with it as im still playing Zelda and persona is right around the corner.

Ventara

Is there any way to tell what you'll be charged for a specific game on an amazon preorder before it ships?(discount + any price adjustments) I want to see how much mass effect would cost me but it only shows grand total and the original msrp as far as I can tell.

I will likely do the same tomorrow. Im fine with it as im still playing Zelda and persona is right around the corner.

I'm on my phone so can't explain more specifically, but there should be some sort of order details button that opens up a pdf of what you'll be charged exactly after all discounts and whatnot. Been a while since I used it though so not sure if things have changed.

Anyone's Binding of Isaac for Switch shipped from Amazon yet? It seems all the switch games have the incorrect dates for prime release date delivery except for my 25$ Lego city undercover.

itschris

Same here. Watching the Giant Bomb stream and hearing some other impressions just made me too nervous about this game. I hope it comes together after the first 5-10 hours, but even if it does, I'm still busy with Horizon and Zelda (plus Persona 5 in the near future). I really liked the original trilogy, so I'll most likely still get it eventually (once it's down to $30 or so), unless the reviews are truly awful.

kennah

Cancelled mine as well. Can't do two video games in a month at full price, and got BoTW for my son's birthday. I'll wait for it to get down to $5-10 on Origin.

Sylwest

I'm still waiting on an order that shipped out back on December 28, 2016...It arrived in Canada on Feb 8, so we're kind of in the same boat. I think Play-Asia packages are constantly being sent to customs in Vancouver. When I asked Canada Post the first time, they said it can take up to 36 days for the item(s) to get released. However, when I asked recently, the rep said 21 days... I still think I'm going to contact P-A this week to look into it if I don't get it. I mean, I ordered it before the new year.

What kind of shipping did you get? I find that EMS is still good, but anything less than that sits at customs for around a month. I don't know why but its happened a few times now, including a package from P-A.

Cru Jones

Anyone's Binding of Isaac for Switch shipped from Amazon yet? It seems all the switch games have the incorrect dates for prime release date delivery except for my 25$ Lego city undercover.

Mine hasn't yet, but after I placed my order I got on a chat with a CSR who said they looked into it and I'll definitely get it release day (I got my Switch and BotW at 130pm release day for what it's worth)

What? Andromeda is getting bad previews? Oh no....

Previews have been fairly positive from what I have seen. Someone decided to make a separate thread on one of the bad impressions and now the general consensus seems to be fairly negative.

I haven't checked in on the 10 hour trial people yet so that might be the best place to get an idea of what the game is like. I am going to give the opening a shot tonight.

Same

mdubs

Banned
I cancelled Mass Effect as well, but purely because there are just too many games to play compared to the time I have available. I also cancelled Nier as well.

On another note, I am reading the RFD thread on the $10 deal and level of entitlement of the people complaining about EB changing the terms of their promotion to prevent them from abusing it is astounding. However, the tears of the people who went out buying tons of old sports games to try to game the promotion and are now stuck with them are delicious.

m23

Same here as well. Although my decision didn't hinge too much on the previews, moreso lack of time to invest in such a game and thought I should save the money and play it down the line.

I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, but this game failed to grab my attention otherwise I may have picked it up despite my reasons above.

Moltenix

Oh shit, thanks guys, you reminded me that I need to cancel my Mass Effect too. Mostly due to having too big a backlog right now. Haven't really been following it too much so didn't know that some impressions haven't been that great so far.

I plan to return my mass effect from best buy when it arrives. Can't cancel online but i need to go to bestbuy to spend some reward zone money on headphones so i am just waiting for it to arrive.

Cactus

Banned
I plan to return my mass effect from best buy when it arrives. Can't cancel online but i need to go to bestbuy to spend some reward zone money on headphones so i am just waiting for it to arrive.

I can't cancel a game online either, and it seems like they'll never fix the "technical issue" that prevents us from sending an email to customer support.

Sapiens

xB5gmfN.png

Lizardus

Too much Mass Effect talk, can we go back to talking about Switch and shipping?

:)

I have yet to finish the original trilogy, still halfway through the first game so I never even preordered it.

My copy went into the preship mode where you can't cancel it. Of course half the time this means its still in preship monday night, but...

I know I'm asking you to look into a crystal ball here, but if you had to guess, how long do you think before Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Horizon, Nioh and Nier Automata drop to $45 or less each (not simultaneously), if ever? Reason I'm asking is with EB's B2G1F deal, those games would be about $47 used, which seems like a good deal, but I won't be playing them yet since I still.

Shortened quote

Yakuza is a little more rare, and has a collector following, so even if price drops, finding stock will be an issue. Nier is niche too, but more traditional.

Nioh like bloodborne is perceived as difficult so wouldn't surprise to see a flood of used copies soon. It is long though (I'm 35 hrs in and almost half way through)

Horizon, see the price trajectory of The Order, Infamous, Ratchet, and other first party games.

Moltenix

Sooo, any ideas when we'll start seeing more Switch stock become readily available? Not like the random 1-2 that tend to trickle in on Amazon or Best Buy every once in a while that is in stock for all of 10 seconds.

Went home last night staring at my Zelda for Switch wondering what the heck I had done lol

JDH

I just received a shipment last week that was shipped on January 2, 2017 - so yeah they really suck right now with items coming from Asia.

Anything I get from Europe on the other hand gets here usually within 2-3 weeks.

Dazzler

Looking for a new phone plan with decent data. Which cell phone providers in Ontario would you recommend?

Go into Best Buy and ask for Koodoo's 8GB Quebec plan, think it's currently priced at $56. When you get home, go onto their self-serve site and port your current number over. It's that simple

I'm on a Quebec plan and I'm in BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom