• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

My tales of the yawning portal seems to be shipping today.

Can't wait to run my friends through the tomb of horrors.

bryt

Wow, I just found out you can borrow games from the library. Could have saved so much money on games that I play only once and never touch again.

I'll keep my amazon prime preorder. only $4 more ($43.99 vs $39.99) and comes with keychains (and ability to sell the game later if i feel like it)

Part of my dilemma is "do I REALLY need the keychains?"

The other part is "hey, let me fire up some tetris" vs "oh, guess I should drag this cartridge out of my case or box and switch out whatever's already in the system"

killroy87

UGH, i would totally go digtial for Puyo Puyo. I have a copy preordered at EB though, using that 2X trade deal towards Switch stuff, and my EB is reeeeal bitchy about not letting you move that credit.

UGH, i would totally go digtial for Puyo Puyo. I have a copy preordered at EB though, using that 2X trade deal towards Switch stuff, and my EB is reeeeal bitchy about not letting you move that credit.

You could always do the 7 day exchange (depending on what level you are you) and return it for eshop credit....

My steelbook P5 also hasnt shipped but being that I have Nier, Zelda and Mass Effect that im working on I'm not exactly in a rush.

On a side note does anyone know if the priority 3.99 shipping option on amazon is always sent via Purolator?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
My friend got his Persona 5 yesterday from Amazon. I'm jelly. It was the Take Your Heart Edition.

Fuck!

Just got the call from Purolator, P5 delivered. Gonna be a goooood weekend.

Fuck!

The one time I cancelled my preorder and went with EB for release day, Amazon decides to ship it early.

My steelbook P5 also hasnt shipped but being that I have Nier, Zelda and Mass Effect that im working on I'm not exactly in a rush.

On a side note does anyone know if the priority 3.99 shipping option on amazon is always sent via Purolator?

Could be any courier. I got Purolator only once, but mostly Amazon itself or a local toronto courier.

Just got the call from Purolator, P5 delivered. Gonna be a goooood weekend.

TYH edition?

So it sounds like fedex and purolator for P5 amazon orders. Weekdays only then.

The one time I cancelled my preorder and went with EB for release day, Amazon decides to ship it early.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here refreshing this...

ZHBN60N.png

iphys

I'll keep my amazon prime preorder. only $4 more ($43.99 vs $39.99) and comes with keychains (and ability to sell the game later if i feel like it)

Physical version is limited to one print run too, so it might keep its value if you do decide to sell it. Some people still refuse to buy digital and even digital versions of Tetris have a habit of disappearing from the eShop because of licensing agreements. At one point Tetris DS was even fetching $100 because they printed so few copies of it.

ys45

My collector of P5 was shipped this morning .
I must say I'm surprised I was expecting a delay of some sort .

I'm prime btw

Grimsen

I was looking for a self-birthday gift after selling Mass Effect, and managed to snag a lone switch pro controller at the Wal.

Smooth

Alexlf

Mannn, looks like P5 would have arrived today if purolator would just leave the package without a signature. Oh well, guess it can just sit on a truck all weekend :(

Socreges

Banned
11 more available just got one.
Bahaha gone again. Goddamn you Nintendo

Funny that I truly am spending some decent time checking this thread for updates like that, but it's never quite enough. Too much scarcity and competition

I've got a Pro coming in 2 weeks from The Source. Would just really like to be playing Zelda with it now since I'm nearly done

Bahaha gone again. Goddamn you Nintendo

Funny that I truly am spending some decent time checking this thread for updates like that, but it's never quite enough. Too much scarcity and competition

I've got a Pro coming in 2 weeks from The Source. Would just really like to be playing Zelda with it now since I'm nearly done

Yeah Ive had the Bestbuy tab open in my browser for 2 weeks just refreshing it every now and then. I just walked in the door, hit refresh and I nearly fainted that it was available. Came to post and they were basically gone.

Mannn, looks like P5 would have arrived today if purolator would just leave the package without a signature. Oh well, guess it can just sit on a truck all weekend :(

If you phone them quick enough, they can drop it off at a nearby pick up point (eg authorized ship centre in a nearby plaza that's open longer hours)

Renewed

Hey guys so this pc is on sale at newegg and I'm thinking about getting it. I'm not a pc gamer so I don't even know if this is a good deal or not. I don't want to build a pc so I need help with interpreting this. Please help.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230179

All goes off an Intel H110 so if you ever wanted to upgrade RAM, you've got 2 slots to work with. 4 SATA 6Gb/s for your hard drives too. Rear I/O has 4 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the back. Audio has Line In, Line Out, and Mic In. On the front you have 1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0, as well as two audio ports. That's a good graphics card for 1440p/60fps on some new games and the latest Kabylake so you're pretty fine there. I think I paid that much for my PC though which has an i5-6600k/GTX1060 6GB/16GB RAM/250GB SSD for OS and other stuff.

Also looks like no modular cables so I wonder how they do cable management. my setup is a mess tbh

All goes off an Intel H110 so if you ever wanted to upgrade RAM, you've got 2 slots to work with. 4 SATA 6Gb/s for your hard drives too. Rear I/O has 4 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the back. Audio has Line In, Line Out, and Mic In. On the front you have 1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0, as well as two audio ports. That's a good graphics card for 1440p/60fps on some new games and the latest Kabylake so you're pretty fine there. I think I paid that much for my PC though which has an i5-6600k/GTX1060 6GB/16GB RAM/250GB SSD for OS and other stuff.
Thanks for the information man really appreciate it.

From some of the reviews on the product the number one complaint seems to be the ram (the lack thereof). One guy complained about the fan noise too but I don't care about that.

Do you think the rig is future proof? You mentioned how some games can be run on 1440p at 60 fps so that sounds great. I personally only play fps games so idk what kind of demand fps games in the future will seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom