• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalius

Still no P5 TYH shipment for me from Amazon... I"m jealous of those who'll get it sooner than Tuesday. Winter 2014 is almost here, finally!

Anyone know if there are any eShop card deals? I remember seeing mention of some $5 eShop cards for $4 a while back.

Ryne

Just return it?

Not an easy task with me and amazon. They lost a shipment i returned before and I didn't get my money back for a month. I also don't want to tie up 100+ bucks when I budget so strictly.

It should be easy to cancel a pre-order, not take me having to return something to have it cancelled.

Wait, you can do that? Or, you can do that? How would one even go about finessing that
I ask, despite not having the time to play until next week anyway

With Prime, at the very least, they promise release date delivery.

If it doesn't ship today, it'll ship Monday. Monday -> Tuesday is 1 day. If you ask why it wasn't shipped on the day they said it would be shipped, often they'll offer - or accept the request - to upgrade you to their one day/next day shipping.

If it doesn't ship today, it'll ship Monday. Monday -> Tuesday is 1 day. If you ask why it wasn't shipped on the day they said it would be shipped, often they'll offer - or accept the request - to upgrade you to their one day/next day shipping.

Ah, I see. I just assumed it would be Monday shipment, Tuesday arrival for everyone (with Prime at least), but my order says it would ship today too now that I look at it.

Kiro

Prime doesn't guarantee release day delivery on all items. Only select items.

lilty

Where are you guys located? I have Prime and my TYH was supposed to ship today but it didn't. Located in Kitchener and based on my experience if they ship it Monday I can get in time but yeah, I better get it on time. I pay for Prime for a reason.

Prime doesn't guarantee release day delivery on all items. Only select items.

The Persona 5 Take Your Heart edition lists its shipping as "Guaranteed Release Date Delivery."

Where are you guys located? I have Prime and my TYH was supposed to ship today but it didn't. Located in Kitchener and based on my experience if they ship it Monday I can get in time but yeah, I better get it on time. I pay for Prime for a reason.

I'm near Vancouver BC - and yeah, I feel the same. They're not giving me any reason to pay for it thus far.

Iced

Has anyone had any luck returning consoles to The Source? I need to return a Switch I got this week (I am having no luck with these things), and their return policy doesn't look terribly accommodating. It says exchange only, but since they have none in stock, I'm not sure what they're gonna do.

Apparently my P5 TYH order is in "The advanced stages of shipping" and I shouldn't worry about it.

We'll just have to see about that I guess, won't we, Amazon?

CazTGG

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask about this but here goes:

I recently tried to redeem a voucher code on PSN via the internet. After reedeming the voucher, I went to the media section of my account only for the game didn't appear whatsoever. I did get an e-mail for the purchase and it shows a transaction on my account for the 31st of March but the actual game is nowhere to be found on my downloads list. Should I wait and see if it pops up or should I contact Sony about this?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask about this but here goes:

I recently tried to redeem a voucher code on PSN via the internet. After reedeming the voucher, I went to the media section of my account only for the game didn't appear whatsoever. I did get an e-mail for the purchase and it shows a transaction on my account for the 31st of March but the actual game is nowhere to be found on my downloads list. Should I wait and see if it pops up or should I contact Sony about this?
search the game in the store and try to download from there?

We meet again, Being Shipped Soon.

9HutCvh.png

What happened to your friend, Being Shipped on Mar 31?

Iced

Interesting. Amazon sold out of their Switch stock, but it looks like they're taking preorders now for a restock on April 8.

Smo21

What's the latest Amazon.ca ships out their stuff?

My order for P5 has been sitting at this screen for a week now.

ZHBN60N.png

I have the same problem but I need to update my payment method which the system wont allow, saying something about my address.

I called amazon and now they're telling me they don't have the item which isn't even my original issue. Site still says shipping soon but both me and the person on the phone and the manager can't update the method or address.

So basically I'm screwed? Still on the phone trying to fix this shit

MercuryLS3

Picked up the PS4 from superstore. Really nice and sleek, super quiet and low power consumption is great. Worth the upgrade from the launch unit. Now I gotta sell that thing.

It was on sale for 288 -10% employee discount, no tax and I had $100 in PC points that I out towards it. So only $160 out of pocket :)

kevin1025

Banned
So I picked up Amazon Prime today and started pre-ordering a few things. But I noticed that some of the items say "Express Shipping" instead of free two-day shipping and the delivery date is some days after release. Nothing to worry about or possible issue?

So I picked up Amazon Prime today and started pre-ordering a few things. But I noticed that some of the items say "Express Shipping" instead of free two-day shipping and the delivery date is some days after release. Nothing to worry about or possible issue?

Luck of the draw. Some will update likely closer to release, but it's Amazon - you will get some of the games after release date.

zroid

Banned
PS4 DEAL

Today only, you can get a PS4 Uncharted bundle for $288 at Loblaws (and possibly RCSS?) and also pay zero tax

In Ontario that's like paying $255+tax

I have the same problem but I need to update my payment method which the system wont allow, saying something about my address.

I called amazon and now they're telling me they don't have the item which isn't even my original issue. Site still says shipping soon but both me and the person on the phone and the manager can't update the method or address.

So basically I'm screwed? Still on the phone trying to fix this shit

FWIW I was able to update my payment around a week ago, no issues; but tried to several times to change address from work to home on Thursday (and Friday?), but it didn't allow me. Even though it clearly says not shipped.

Smo21

FWIW I was able to update my payment around a week ago, no issues; but tried to several times to change address from work to home on Thursday (and Friday?), but it didn't allow me. Even though it clearly says not shipped.

Ya from talking on the phone he can't understand why they cant change that. He was saying that it's very limited so I may not get it. I preordered in September and they haven't sent any emails saying anything so that's not expectable

At this point I don't give a shit if I get it on time, I just want to get it at all.

Tik-Tok

For anyone who piked up an Uncharted bundle today, did yours come with a PS+ trial? My friend got one and he says he doesnt see a trial

firelogic

Hi all! I was just wondering if anyone here has gone through filing a claim under Amazon's A to Z Guarantee where they ensure safety when buying from a 3rd party seller. Was it an easy process? How long did it take for you to get your refund?

I'm asking because there's a "Just Launched" seller with a huge storefront with items listed at approximately $4 each. I'm wondering if it's worth buying a few things and if it turns out to be a scam, filing a claim with Amazon. I just got into Gundam model kits and they're selling kits that normally go for $40 (including shipping) for $6 (including shipping).

Too good to be true right?

Hi all! I was just wondering if anyone here has gone through filing a claim under Amazon's A to Z Guarantee where they ensure safety when buying from a 3rd party seller. Was it an easy process? How long did it take for you to get your refund?

I'm asking because there's a "Just Launched" seller with a huge storefront with items listed at approximately $4 each. I'm wondering if it's worth buying a few things and if it turns out to be a scam, filing a claim with Amazon. I just got into Gundam model kits and they're selling kits that normally go for $40 (including shipping) for $6 (including shipping).

Too good to be true right?

Definitely too good to be true. I think you'll definitely get model kits, but they'd be bootlegs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom