• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewed

Thanks for the information man really appreciate it.

From some of the reviews on the product the number one complaint seems to be the ram (the lack thereof). One guy complained about the fan noise too but I don't care about that.

Do you think the rig is future proof? You mentioned how some games can be run on 1440p at 60 fps so that sounds great. I personally only play fps games so idk what kind of demand fps games in the future will seek.

Latest FPS games I can think of are Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and the like. Battlefield 1 at 1440p holds above 60fps to the point of hitting 90s depending on what you mix and match at Ultra. Titanfall 2 also hits as low as 56 fps with ultra high and can go at 70s average.

I can recommend the PC build thread for more advice if there's anything more you need to know that I can't help with.

Socreges

Banned
Refreshed Best buy. 1 Pro controller available. Added to cart. Proceeded to check out. Went to confirm...Cannot process order. Must remove from cart and try store pick up.

So, it's gone. Was it a glitch as the system was processing two orders simultaneously?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
EB Games Buy 2 Get 1 Free promo on used games ends this weekend. I've been trying to take advantage of it but their used game selection is paltry, now I see why they had all those trade promos, they barely have any used games to sell.

Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria and Gravity Rush 2 would have been perfect.

TheExodu5

Banned
Hey guys so this pc is on sale at newegg and I'm thinking about getting it. I'm not a pc gamer so I don't even know if this is a good deal or not. I don't want to build a pc so I need help with interpreting this. Please help.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230179

Pretty solid price for a prebuilt.

16GB of RAM would be more futureproof, but honestly, outside of a handful of outliers (e.g. Call of Duty Black Ops 3 due to a memory leak), 8GB of RAM is enough for 99% of games.

You can always replace the RAM in the future if it becomes an issue. 16GB will run you $130 or so.

Seik

Banned
Finally got my Orzly tempered glass!:D

I fucked up the first one...a speck of dust got right in the middle before I put the glass on the Switch, making a not-removable bubble. I managed the remove the glass and the dust but the corner I pulled wouldn't stick to the screen. :(

After that I placed the second one perfectly, only a very little wire of dust got stuck in the bottom left corner but its only visible under bright light, so I don't mind that much...phew!

(Dust on the pic is external, it's dusty as hell in my place no matter how I clean it.)

fMXPF6Q.jpg

I fucked up the first one...a speck of dust got right in the middle before I put the glass on the Switch, making a not-removable bubble. I managed the remove the glass and the dust but the corner I pulled wouldn't stick to the screen. :(

After that I placed the second one perfectly, only a very little wire of dust got stuck in the bottom left corner but its only visible under bright light, so I don't mind that much...phew!

(Dust on the pic is external, it's dusty as hell in my place no matter how I clean it.)

I'm terrible at applying screen protectors, I know I'd fuck up both of them.

Pretty solid price for a prebuilt.

16GB of RAM would be more futureproof, but honestly, outside of a handful of outliers (e.g. Call of Duty Black Ops 3 due to a memory leak), 8GB of RAM is enough for 99% of games.

You can always replace the RAM in the future if it becomes an issue. 16GB will run you $130 or so.

Thanks man, I've decided on buying this build. I'll upgrade the ram some time in the future.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Collecting dust already, typical Nintendo console.

Socreges

Banned
Got it this time.

They've put it back in stock at least 5 separate times today. I wonder what the benefit is. Definitely not unplanned.

Yeah I fucked up the first one since I had to remove it and then accidentally touched the sticky side. Ruined. Was good practice for the second one, though, which I more or less installed perfectly.

Collecting dust already, typical Nintendo console.
😃

Socreges

Banned
5 pro controllers in stock at bestbuy.ca

Seems like demand is being met, so they're not running out as quickly

Edit- they had some in store. Picking up today. Nice

Palehorse

I finally got mine yesterday. Thanks to their video I was able to put it on flawlessly the first time. Looks very lovely, no complaints....oh wait. The damn thing picks up smudges very easily. I had a plastic protector on it while waiting for the Orzly glass and it was better for smudges...but had awful bubbles.

Can't win...I'll just display it and not touch it.

Socreges

Banned
I finally got mine yesterday. Thanks to their video I was able to put it on flawlessly the first time. Looks very lovely, no complaints....oh wait. The damn thing picks up smudges very easily. I had a plastic protector on it while waiting for the Orzly glass and it was better for smudges...but had awful bubbles.

Can't win...I'll just display it and not touch it.
This is disheartening

For all we know they're all just sitting on a shipping pallet as the courier companies come in waves and pick them up, depending on destination.

Who knows...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Still kinda dumb that they never keep to their own schedule. They shouldn't bother saying "Will ship" on a specific day and then never shipping on that day.

They usually ship it out at the end of the night. I usually get shipping notices around 10-11PM.

Goddamn.

I swear, if Amazon pulls this with me...

Do you happen to have Prime, or?
If this doesn't ship by 11 pst call them and get them to switch you to one day shipping if you aren't already, I'm in Kamloops and mine shipped out yesterday, but my order was also from june so who the hell knows what's up here.

I do, yeah.

You should complain. It says "Release Date Delivery" on checkout. They'll do a lot to keep a Prime member.

Regardless, they've yet to NOT mess up a preorder I've made, so if this also has an issue, I'm taking it as far as I can with their CS. (Gravity Rush 2 Delayed, NieR Automata never received, had to be resent.)

If this doesn't ship by 11 pst call them and get them to switch you to one day shipping if you aren't already, I'm in Kamloops and mine shipped out yesterday, but my order was also from june so who the hell knows what's up here.

Cool, thanks, I'll give that a try too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
On one hand, I'm jelly of all you fucks who got it early, got it shipped, or got the Heart version.

On the other hand, I still need to finish DS3 DLC so I'm not too bitter.

BB messed up my CC details AGAIN...argh...

Fularu

Banned
My copy of Lego Undercover shipped with the wrong amount. 30 seconds with a CSR and the price difference was fixed.

I love Amazon, so painless. 27.58$ all in is such a great price

Iced

Posted this in the Switch protection thread but figured I'd try here too. For anyone who owns a glass screen protector (specifically Orzly), will this bubble go away in time?

EBbOnms.jpg

I'm not so concerned about the parts around the edges of the protector that don't seem to be sticking, but that bubble has been there since I applied the protector 8 hours ago. I'd tried to push it out but it ain't moving.

MrFlooD

Posted this in the Switch protection thread but figured I'd try here too. For anyone who owns a glass screen protector (specifically Orzly), will this bubble go away in time?

I'm not so concerned about the parts around the edges of the protector that don't seem to be sticking, but that bubble has been there since I applied the protector 8 hours ago. I'd tried to push it out but it ain't moving.

You can probably "push" it out. Gently massage the bubble towards the outside of the screen. You may want to use a credit card to help you.

I'm out here praying for an early delivery of the Steelbook edition of Persona 5 too. It said it's supposed to ship today, but I haven't seen any updates at all yet. It's looking doubtful. All of my other preorders have just arrived the day of later in the afternoon.

Xbudz

Can anyone please point me towards the PC version of Mass Effect Andromeda at the cheapest possible price?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom