• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian Deals GAF Discord V1.0 is go! (Quote to reveal Link)

Now features:
  • Custom Notifications (Divided by Console/Theme/Hunt)
  • Provincial Rank/Role notifications (For retail store offerings in your area)
  • Full mobile support & push notifications.
  • More Bot Features coming soon.
If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please contact us through discord or reply to this post.

If any of you are looking for the Spice and Wolf Collector's full series book Amazon has it on a huge discount right now ($53 for the entire series!) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/0316437220/

Ridiculously tempting...

Do we know when the discount will run until?

Firestorm

Are any of you gentlemen into CRT TVs?

I live in Mississauga and we have two identical flat screen Sony Trinitron TVs that I'm willing to give away for free (donations are cool too lol) as long you can pick them up.

They look like these and while they're not PVMs, they're great for retro gaming:

tv-1.jpg

I also have another Sony Trinitron TV way back from my childhood playing NES games that I'm willing to give away, but I doubt that anyone would that now.

Let me know!
post in a local smash bros group on Facebook

Walmart charged me the full amount for Splatoon 2 (and the amiibos) today, and the order is now "in progress." Just thought I'd let you guys know, so you can look out for it.

$56 after taxes - I'm still so happy about that!

Iced

Walmart charged me the full amount for Splatoon 2 (and the amiibos) today, and the order is now "in progress." Just thought I'd let you guys know, so you can look out for it.

Yep, pending charge on my credit card for $56.45.

kevin1025

Banned

Funny enough Walmart charged me $49.96 without taxes. Never had Walmart charge me so early for an item.

Yeah, the early charge is surprising. Maybe they got the stock in already and are just holding the inventory until it ships? No idea, haha.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Good someone else had this happen as well. Are you in Ontario? Maybe Walmart screwed up based off province.

I'm in Ontario. Pending charge includes taxes.

On the other hand still no charge for Crash Trilogy. Thanks for the free copy Walmart?

Firestar

No idea, but it's probably one of those things that you don't want to wait on very long if you think you're going to want it

Checking camelcamelcamel, it looks like it's been steadily going down in price for about a month, so it doesn't look like anyone needs to rush.

Fularu

Banned
And when they do they should include a pic of the inputs as well as the model number.

I just took my Panasonic Tau 32" CRT to the disposal center after replacing it with an OSSC/4K TV combo.

No one wanted it (despite it having 2 set of component inputs, 2 sets of SVideo inputs and 4 AV inputs). It's also the best CRT TV made after 2K (yes, better than the WEGA of the time).

Oh well... (Ah yes, someone was willing to "take it" but I had to bring it to him.. like really? Took it to the center instead)

kennah

I just took my Panasonic Tau 32" CRT to the disposal center after replacing it with an OSSC/4K TV combo.

No one wanted it (despite it having 2 set of component inputs, 2 sets of SVideo inputs and 4 AV inputs). It's also the best CRT TV made after 2K (yes, better than the WEGA of the time).

Oh well... (Ah yes, someone was willing to "take it" but I had to bring it to him.. like really? Took it to the center instead)

Dammit, was it wide screen?

yeahhh I went to a couple of places but like... 130 seems expensive for a piece of glass and some black plastic borders

I could probably just make my own I guess

Yeah, I'm interested in this as well. I wanted to get the map from the BoTW Limited Edition framed (11.5"x19"), but it seems to be $120+ everywhere I've checked for a custom frame.

Canon

Banned
anybody knows a good way to get 27x40 movie posters framed for cheap?
Ah, a question! That's sort of similar to the Garfield comic in a way.

Now where...could my pipe be?

You see, you can take that question, flip it around, rearrange it, or implant a completely different query in its place. It still works. And you are still draped in the light of the lack of knowledge.

You want to know where to frame your movie posters? Ask, ask, ask, will you ask?

(I don't know.)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Link

I've been banned for way less. Like posting this in response to this

I'm pretty sure a mod has it out for me xD

Lol thats it? I've gotten away with murder compared to that.

The trick is to charm a mod into giving you a tag. Mods have a soft spot for us.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
Walmart.ca has a pending charge on my card for 49.96. I think it's from the Splatoon2/SMO E3 deal. Do they really hold a charge on a card two weeks away from release? Seems so strange.

*Edit: See it's happened to others. So weird that no tax was added and so far away from release. Wal-Mart you crazy!*

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Neogaf dont mess around with bans. Its silly but its a forum so whatevs.

Super happy to be getting splatoon for 50
They're wildly inconsistent when it comes to bans. Sometimes they're trigger happy, sometimes they let some ridiculous shit slide, but they're only human. I'd still like to discuss my moderation history with a mod though as I feel they've all been absolute fucking bullshit.

Neogaf dont mess around with bans. Its silly but its a forum so whatevs.

Super happy to be getting splatoon for 50

They're wildly inconsistent when it comes to bans. Sometimes they're trigger happy, sometimes they let some ridiculous shit slide, but they're only human. I'd still like to discuss my moderation history with a mod though as I feel they've all been absolute fucking bullshit.

Whom (or what) are y'all referring to here? Someone we know been banned?

Savitar

Talking about it openly on the forums doesn't typically end well. They do say if you feel you been wrongly banned in the past you should PM one.

RS4-

Link

I've been banned for way less. Like posting this in response to this

I'm pretty sure a mod has it out for me xD

what you have to do is be some sort of MS shill.

I did get banned for posting 'what trash' and a mod or someone thought I meant 'white trash' lol. I didn't mind it, wasn't too long.

Stopdoor

Talking about it openly on the forums doesn't typically end well. They do say if you feel you been wrongly banned in the past you should PM one.

Yeah, just echoing that you guys should quiet the discussion, the retro gaming thread was locked for a day and scrubbed clean of posts when the conversation turned to bans and moderation discussion.

Watch that happen and SNES preorders go up: chaos!

UberTag

Walmart.ca has a pending charge on my card for 49.96. I think it's from the Splatoon2/SMO E3 deal. Do they really hold a charge on a card two weeks away from release? Seems so strange.

*Edit: See it's happened to others. So weird that no tax was added and so far away from release. Wal-Mart you crazy!*
I was charged for Splatoon 2 as well. Although I'm still more preoccupied with identifying which order they've preauthorized my debit card for $66.75 a grand total of 5 times and counting. Was given the phone number for head office when I inquired in person last week so I'll see if I'm able to put a stop to the charges tomorrow.

Reveirg

So do we know if switch games like Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors really are 99$?

Thankfully I got amazon E3 deals in, but as much as I love Fire Emblem, there's no way I'd pay 100$ for a Musou game...

UberTag

So do we know if switch games like Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors really are 99$?
They're $99 until Nintendo elects to move away from their "placeholder" prices.
I suspect that will decision will depend on how big of a dent they see in their pre-order numbers.
So long as people continue to pre-order in the same numbers at the inflated prices, why would they ever bother dropping them?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I may be LTTP which is why I'm just putting it here, but for some reason the Prime discount on Tokyo Xanadu EX+ is broken:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N4PCCN1/
The Prime price is 52 bucks.

Also not sure if I should keep the Vita version... the only reason I checked the PS4 version was because I got a shipping notice for the Vita version, which seems to be inferior in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom