• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian PoliGAF - 42nd Parliament: Sunny Ways in Trudeaupia

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Ontario's support for the CPC comes from the general disdain for Kathleen Wynne and the provincial Liberals than anything the Trudeau government has done thus far. Come the next provincial election (i.e. when people inevitably screw up and realize voting for the Ontario PCs was a bad idea/when the Ontario PCs screw up [again] and give the NDP or Liberals a minority government), I imagine the overall attitude will change long before we have to worry about the federal election.
This is my line of thinking as well, though Ontario's rural communities tend to be drunk on the PC koolaid and would vote for Patrick Brown or whoever comes along on the federal front (maybe not Bernier) just because. Brown and <eventual nom here> may not even be well liked at the time, but theyre not Kathleen Wynne. Once shes out or diminished, i dont see it being a big deal federally.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The CPC has experienced a massive collapse in BC according to Nanos recent tracking poll while the Liberals are polling well in their strongest regions like Quebec, Atlantic Canada and BC. The CPC is leading in the Praries, AB and Ontario.

Historically speaking, BC isn't one of the strongest regions for the Liberals. Prior to the 2015 election, the last time the Liberals had won the most seats in BC was 1968, and they barely won the most seats in BC last election.

It's not Alberta, but don't expect the Liberals to ever consistently do well (minus the Territorial seats I guess) west of Manitoba.

Sean C

This is my line of thinking as well, though Ontario's rural communities tend to be drunk on the PC koolaid and would vote for Patrick Brown or whoever comes along on the federal front (maybe not Bernier) just because.
The federal Liberals don't hold many seats in those area anyway.

MPs reject Liberal government's attempt to gut genetic discrimination bill
An attempt by the Liberal government to gut the genetic discrimination bill was defeated by a coalition of MPs from across party lines Tuesday evening, despite constitutional concerns raised by Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould.

Alberta Liberal MP Randy Boissonnault had introduced a motion in the House to remove key sections of the legislation, including those relating to penalties for genetic discrimination and language forbidding employers from subjecting job applicants to a genetic test. His efforts to dramatically reduce the bill's scope were defeated in a voice vote.

A number of Liberal backbenchers, including Toronto-area MPs Jennifer O'Connell and Pam Damoff, spoke in favour of Bill S-201 &#8212; An Act to Prohibit and Prevent Genetic Discrimination &#8212; as originally drafted by recently retired Liberal senator Jim Cowan.

Conservative and NDP MPs also offered their support and chided the cabinet for accepting the "scaremongering" rhetoric of the insurance industry.

Now, at the request of the government, there will be a recorded vote (also referred to as a standing vote) on Boissonault's amendments Wednesday evening.

Absolutely disgusting attempts by the Liberal Cabinet and Randy Boissonnault here. Thankfully there were enough backbenchers and cross party support to overturn their attempted gutting of the proposed legislation.

If we want Canada to be ready for the upcoming healthcare revolution which is going to involve genetic engineering, if we want to encourage people to get these genetic tests in order to allow them to be more knowledgeable about their own health, if we want to protect people from being discriminated or targeted against because of their genetic makeup that they had zero choice in deciding, we need these protections.... period. Any attempt to gut them is irredeemable.

maharg

idspispopd
I'm so deeply disappointed in Boissonnault, who had so far been rather impressing me as my MP, for doing that. :/

I'm so deeply disappointed in Boissonnault, who had so far been rather impressing me as my MP, for doing that. :/

Genetic testing bill up for vote is unconstitutional: Trudeau

Now it looks like Trudeau is trying to tank it by claiming it's unconstitutional.

Honestly, the entire way the government has been trying to kill this bill ever since its inception is disgusting. It's made even worse through all the leaked reports of ministers meeting with lobbyists from the insurance industry. Lobbyists who has been actively fighting this legislation and fear mongering that they will be forced to raise rates because of it.

All of it bullshit of course because technology hasn't even been there to do it on a mass scale until now so they never had to worry about these rules, nor had access to even do it on a mass scale to begin with. So how the fuck can them not being able to do something they couldn't do before change rates from the status quo.

Stop trying to make this a thing. Ontario is by far Canada's biggest and most diverse province.

Ontario is Canada's cradle of Monarchist Toryism.

Mike Harris is yours

Rob Ford was elected by Torontonians.

please, Pre-Harper Tories have always thrived strongly in Ontario.

Your province has lots to answer for, especially 2011's outcome

Mike Harris is yours

Rob Forward was elected by Torontonians.

Quebec is a bunch of separatists who threaten to tear the country apart and have scared everybody shitless over the democratic concept of referendums.

Two can play this game, Gutter

Quebec is a bunch of separatists who threaten to tear the country apart and have scared everybody shitless over the concept of referendums.

Two can play this game, Gutter
Quebec is the most Liberal province in the Present, returned to pre-1984 levels.

you got two polls this month that corroborates my assertions.

2011 is on Ontario's head

mo60

Historically speaking, BC isn't one of the strongest regions for the Liberals. Prior to the 2015 election, the last time the Liberals had won the most seats in BC was 1968, and they barely won the most seats in BC last election.

It's not Alberta, but don't expect the Liberals to ever consistently do well (minus the Territorial seats I guess) west of Manitoba.

Yeah. It isn't the strongest region for the liberals,but polls are starting to show that the federal liberals may actually win 20-30 seats in BC in the next election whole the CPC possibly gets under 10 seats which is really surprising since it's mostly been either a conservative or NDP stronghold for decades now.

Mike Harris is yours

giphy.gif

I really want the weed you smoke that transports you to this fantasy land you live in Gutter. Jeeeeesus christ.

Quebec is the most Liberal province in the Present, returned to pre-1984 levels.

you got two polls this month that corroborates my assertions.

2011 is on Ontario's head

Harper only came to power initially because of the Liberal Sponsorship Scandal...which surprise surprise only happened because Quebec was trying to separate.

And after this quip I'm done because I would prefer not to get banned for playing this game with you.

Harper only came to power initially because of the Liberal Sponsorship Scandal...which surprise surprise only happened because Quebec was trying to separate.

eh, that's going too far up the chain of events. You can't pin the rise of Harper on sovereignists. They didn't force the Liberals in that scandal; the Liberals did that willingly.

Conservatives are doing well in Ontario because of the provincial Liberals. There's no secret sauce. That lady with the crazy hydro bill went to Trudeau at the town hall and blamed him instead of going to Wynne who was really responsible. That's how a lot of Ontarians think of politics.

edit: I actually just checked that Abacus poll that put Conservatives ahead of Liberals in Ontario and they touched upon this.

Ottawa’s approval rating is highest in Atlantic Canada (60%), BC (58%), and Quebec (54%) while lowest in Alberta (30%). While our ballot preference question shows a dead heat in Ontario, the Trudeau government approval rating in the province actually improved slightly from December 2016.

(This finding suggests that the appearance of a tighter federal contest may have at least something to do with the downward pressure on the Liberal brand for the provincial Liberal Party. The Ontario Liberal Party is trailing the Conservatives by 14 points in the average of recent provincial polls, and Premier Wynne is struggling with a 70% unfavourable rating.)

- See more at: http://abacusdata.ca/federal-politi...ump-meeting-ar-positive/#sthash.mDtVJa2r.dpuf

Mike Harris is yours

Ontario is also responsible for giving the Liberals a massive majority. Jack Layton, arguably Canada's best political leader in recent memory was from Ontario. Ontario is responsible for electing the most diverse caucus in history.

Quebec gave an unbelievable number of seats to separatists in 2008, pretty much fucking over the entire opposition during those years.

Let's see how many Quebecois vote for Bernier if he wins the CPC leadership.

Kathleen Wynne has a horrible reputation, which is fucking over the Liberal brand in general. Once she's gone, poll numbers will likely go up. At this point, it not really a controversial opinion that the Libs will get reelected considering how popular Trudeau still is. If the CPC dog whistles and race baits again, it'll spell their doom. And that will largely be thanks to Ontario.

mo60

Ontario is also responsible for giving the Liberals a massive majority. Jack Layton, arguably Canada's best political leader in recent memory was from Ontario. Ontario is responsible for electing the most diverse caucus in history.

Quebec gave an unbelievable number of seats to separatists in 2008, pretty much fucking over the entire opposition during those years.

Let's see how many Quebecois vote for Bernier if he wins the CPC leadership.

Kathleen Wynne has a horrible reputation, which is fucking over the Liberal brand in general. Once she's gone, poll numbers will likely go up. At this point, it not really a controversial opinion that the Libs will get reelected considering how popular Trudeau still is. If the CPC dog whistles and race baits again, it'll spell their doom. And that will largely be thanks to Ontario.

Yeah. I'm not to worried about Ontario right now for the federal liberals. The CPC should worry a bit about recent polling data in BC. I don't see how the CPC gets a net gain in seats in the next election if the Liberals recover in Ontario and they are still polling in the teens or twenties in BC in 2019.

Mike Harris is yours

Rob Ford was elected by Torontonians.

Maurice Duplessis.
The Charbonneau Commission.
The Bouchard Taylor Commission.
Gilles Vaillancourt and Michael Applebaum and Gerald Tremblay and Jacques Daoust.
Rene Levesque and Jacques Parizeau and Bernard Landry and Pauline Marois.

You want to talk corruption, garbage politicians, and terrible ideas, it's not like you're speaking from a position of strength here.

Genetic testing bill up for vote is unconstitutional: Trudeau

Now it looks like Trudeau is trying to tank it by claiming it's unconstitutional.

Calling it unconstitutional is an odd tack to take. Since it's a Senate bill, that means it'll have been reviewed for its legality twice, if I'm not mistaken. Admittedly, different lawyers can interpret Charter readings in different ways, but calling it unconstitutional is applying that concept a little broadly.

maharg

idspispopd
I assume the constitutional interpretation is that it's interfering with provincial jurisdiction over health and employment. I can see it if I squint. But setting that precedent in an anti-discrimination law seems like a really bad idea overall.

My understanding was that it would only have to be re-reviewed by the senate if the house actually amended it. Not sure if there have been successful amendments, though.

Emmanuella Lambropoulos (resident of Saint-Laurent and Liberal Party loyalist) has won the nomination for the riding.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...iberal-nomination-for-saint-laurent-1.4016678

she beat both Yolande James and Marwah Rizqy (who are not from the riding)

So say hello to Emmanuella, your next MP for Saint-Laurent

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/20...rale-dans-saint-laurent-sera-connue-ce-soir-1

Yolande James came in 3rd place in the 1st round.

Rizqy 539,
Lambropoulos 431
James, 398.

Lambropoulos beat Rizqy in 2nd round.

Saint-Laurent members decided to keep the candidate local. LOL Wow James underperformed

rage quit
1363859-yolande-james-eclipsee-rapidement-apres.jpg

anyway, maybe she could try for Outremont in 2019?
There no free ridings left in the Western half of Montreal,
All current Liberal MPs there are relatively young with the exception of Marc Garneau.

-----

Stephane Dion was elected with a amajority of 62% in 2015 FYI in that riding

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The Charbonneau Commission.
The Bouchard Taylor Commission.
Gilles Vaillancourt and Michael Applebaum and Gerald Tremblay and Jacques Daoust.
Rene Levesque and Jacques Parizeau and Bernard Landry and Pauline Marois.

You want to talk corruption, garbage politicians, and terrible ideas, it's not like you're speaking from a position of strength here.
Those are the worst you can dig up? Compared to Rob Ford or even Stephen Harper? Hahaha, okay bruh.

Emmanuella Lambropoulos (resident of Saint-Laurent and Liberal Party loyalist) has won the nomination for the riding.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...iberal-nomination-for-saint-laurent-1.4016678

she beat both Yolande James and Marwah Rizqy (who are not from the riding)

So say hello to Emmanuella, your next MP for Saint-Laurent

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/20...rale-dans-saint-laurent-sera-connue-ce-soir-1

Yolande James came in 3rd place in the 1st round.

Rizqy 539,
Lambropoulos 431
James, 398.

Lambropoulos beat Rizqy in 2nd round.

Saint-Laurent members decided to keep the candidate local. LOL Wow James underperformed

rage quit
1363859-yolande-james-eclipsee-rapidement-apres.jpg

anyway, maybe she could try for Outremont in 2019?
There no free ridings left in the Western half of Montreal,
All current Liberal MPs there are relatively young with the exception of Marc Garneau.

-----

Stephane Dion was elected with a amajority of 62% in 2015 FYI in that riding

So what you're telling us is that your vaunted prognostication skills led you to missing the eventual winner in your prediction?

Those are the worst you can dig up? Compared to Rob Ford or even Stephen Harper? Hahaha, okay bruh.

First, way to edit my comment to take out the quasi-fascist that ran Quebec for 20 years.

Secondly, the fact you think that one bad mayor is enough to condemn a whole province, but are willing to handwave away corruption and virulent racism speaks volumes about how seriously your opinion should be taken.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
It's hillarious. Quebec is probably the only province DOING something about corruption and cultural integration and it's referenced as a bad thing.

If the bad apples are caught, it's a good thing. What is being done with the construction corruption in Ontario or real estate in BC?

It's hillarious. Quebec is probably the only province DOING something about corruption and cultural integration and it's referenced as a bad thing.

If the bad apples are caught, it's a good thing. What is being done with the construction corruption in Ontario or real estate in BC?

I don't think that's the point. Gutter was going on about shitty Ontario politicians which is hilarious when Quebec's had more than it's fair share.

I don't think that's the point. Gutter was going on about shitty Ontario politicians which is hilarious when Quebec's had more than it's fair share.

Precisely. Acting like Ontario is somehow to blame for...whatever point gutter is trying to make is kind of ridiculous when he's simultaneously touting Quebec's alleged superiority.

In other news, taking into account the Saint-Laurent LPC nomination update, yesterday was actually kind of inspiring from the point of view of Canadian democracy. The House played host to Daughters of the Vote, which had every seat being occupied by girls and women while they used International Women's Day as a jumping off point for talking about increasing women's participation in politics. There was the Liberal backbench revolt that kept the genetic discrimination bill intact, and ensured it'll get signed into law fairly shortly. And the parties all came together to fast track a bill from Rona Ambrose, of all people and parties, that will force judges to take sexual assault cases more seriously. It was a pretty good day overall, for anyone looking.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
And lost all credibility when talking about Bouchard/Taylor, René Levesque etc. People might be against separatists but these are considered as the best here and with understanding.

And lost all credibility when talking about Bouchard/Taylor, René Levesque etc. People might be against separatists but these are considered as the best here and with understanding.

So you're dismissing the credibility of Bouchard/Taylor's findings while also saying that the ethnic nationalist party deserves understanding. Gotcha.

First, way to edit my comment to take out the quasi-fascist that ran Quebec for 20 years.

Secondly, the fact you think that one bad mayor is enough to condemn a whole province, but are willing to handwave away corruption and virulent racism speaks volumes about how seriously your opinion should be taken.

She took out Duplessis because he was a garbage politician indeed and she wasn't going to disagree with that. And the fact that you include fucking René Lévesque in your list of garbage politicians speaks volumes about how seriously your opinion should be taken.

She took out Duplessis because he was a garbage politician indeed and she wasn't going to disagree with that. And the fact that you include fucking René Lévesque in your list of garbage politicians speaks volumes about how seriously your opinion should be taken.

Nah, I'm cool with including Rene Levesque in any list that leads to people like Marois, Bouchard, Landry and Parizeau. If your worldview is centred around "pur laine" beliefs, then yeah, you're a garbage politician (and, really, a garbage human being all around).

But please, continue telling us how superior Quebec is.

Pedrito

Damn, Yolande James must regret quitting her cushy job at RDI for that. Justin probably told her it was only a formality.

so matthewwhatever is deflecting the fact the Ontario is the headquarters of traditional Toryism and just calling Quebec "racist" and using Duplessis as an example?

Duplessis ruled in 1940s-1960s which lead to an counter affect of secular liberalism under Lessage to break away from Duplessis' Conservatism.
Duplesssi style parties have been relegated to 3rd place and never have ruled again.

Mike Harris' Right Wingism still has a big negative impact on present day Ontario, Ontario talk radio, Ontario PCs becoming Federal MPs for the Reform Parrty/ Canadian Alliance now Harper Conservatives.

so, when I say that Ontario is the bastion of Canadian Toryism. It's a fact.

as far as the PQ goes and Seperatists... I got news for you, they are dying along with the Baby Boomer generation. Millinails are not on board. Once the generational shift passes, seperatism dies.

Damn, Yolande James must regret quitting her cushy job at RDI for that. Justin probably told her it was only a formality.
i'm shcoked too, LOL. I really thought she was going to win.

Looks like that the locals of the riding didn't want the parachuted candidate but prefered a local instead.

I am just releaved that Alan DeSousa was rejected.

James could always try for Outremont in 2019; a way more difficult challenge but possibly doable if the fight starts early

emmanuella-lambropoulos-stephane-dion.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...aurent-montreal-liberals-byelection-1.4016891

Nah, I'm cool with including Rene Levesque in any list that leads to people like Marois, Bouchard, Landry and Parizeau. If your worldview is centred around "pur laine" beliefs, then yeah, you're a garbage politician (and, really, a garbage human being all around).

But please, continue telling us how superior Quebec is.

I'm not telling how superior Québec is or not. I don't partake in dick-measuring contests. I'm saying that if you want to show that Québec isn't better than Ontario or other provinces (and it isn't), you're going to have to do better than citing Lévesque, or even some of his successors to an extent. René Lévesque isn't Nigel Farage, and his "worldview" didn't revolve around "pur laine beliefs". He didn't start the Québec nationalist movement out of fear of immigrants or racism. And you know it (at least, I hope you do).

There is an unmistakable racial element that hangs over the nationalist movement ever since Parizeau uttered his infamous quip, and certainly since Marois' charter of values, but that's an accessory to the principal. The movement is still about achieving an idealistic self-determination, not unlike children leaving their parents' nest. The few outliers making the movement about race, such as Rambo Gauthier, most certainly do not represent the whole sovereignty movement. Anyone with basic knowledge of Québec politics would know this.

so matthewwhatever is deflecting the fact the Ontario is the headquarters of traditional Toryism and just calling Quebec "racist" and using Duplessis as an example?

Duplessis ruled in 1940s-1960s which lead to an counter affect of secular liberalism under Lessage to break away from Duplessis' Conservatism.
Duplesssi style parties have been relegated to 3rd place and never have ruled again.

Mike Harris' Right Wingism still has a big negative impact on present day Ontario, Ontario talk radio, Ontario PCs becoming Federal MPs for the Reform Parrty/ Canadian Alliance now Harper Conservatives.

so, when I say that Ontario is the bastion of Canadian Toryism. It's a fact.

Correction: I'm calling Quebec politics prone to racism (see: Bouchard/Taylor, the hijab debate, the fact an ethno-nationalist party has held power multiple times) and massive, widespread corruption (see: Charbonneau, the regularity with which politicians are charged with ethics violations).

I'm well aware that Duplessis was long ago, but if Ontario, for some reason, is required to wear the alleged sins of Rob Ford -- a one-term mayor who, in the big scheme of things, didn't actually do anything beyond becoming late-night talk show fodder -- then Quebec gets to account for all its past sins, too. It's an absurd metric, but you're the one ranting about Protestant Toryism, which isn't a phrase people have used in about a century.

RE: Harris, you can't complain multiple times on here about Quebec talk radio -- which actually launched a political career in Andre Arthur, and as you've said multiple times has huge influence on provincial politics -- and then turn around and say that Harris is somehow responsible for "Ontario talk radio," which (besides being a completely nonsensical claim) is listened to by geriatrics and has pretty much no influence. Besides, if Harris' most enduring provincial legacy is reforming our education system so that it's one of the top five jurisdictions in the Western world, then I'll happily take that -- particularly if the alternative is a system that yields adults who "do not perform as well on literacy, numeracy, and problem-solving skills tests."

I'm not telling how superior Québec is or not. I don't partake in dick-measuring contests. I'm saying that if you want to show that Québec isn't better than Ontario or other provinces (and it isn't), you're going to have to do better than citing Lévesque, or even some of his successors to an extent. René Lévesque isn't Nigel Farage, and his "worldview" didn't revolve around "pur laine beliefs". He didn't start the Québec nationalist movement out of fear of immigrants or racism. And you know it (at least, I hope you do).

There is an unmistakable racial element that hangs over the nationalist movement ever since Parizeau uttered his infamous quip, and certainly since Marois' charter of values, but that's an accessory to the principal. The movement is still about achieving an idealistic self-determination, not unlike children leaving their parents' nest. The few outliers making the movement about race, such as Rambo Gauthier, most certainly do not represent the whole sovereignty movement. Anyone with basic knowledge of Québec politics would know this.

I mean, I'd find it a little odd that in times of stress -- like, say, losing a referendum vote, or trying to resuscitate flagging poll numbers -- the go-to thing for PQ and BQ politicians is to go straight for racial grievances against minorities, but sure, that's all a weird coincidence and the separatist movement is clearly born out of high-minded desires for idealistic self-determination.

Also blaming the 2011 election on Ontario alone is overlooking why that result even occurred in the first place. In 2008, Quebec elected nearly 50 separatists, and that pretty much resulted in any opposition efforts being DOA right away, because the BQ had to be included. This was a huge PR win for the CPC (LPC, NDP working with separatists, coalition attempts with the separatists etc.) and one of their major talking points during the 2011 campaign (Ignatieff made things even worse). The result was a CPC majority and we all know how that turned out. I'd hardly put the blame on Ontario alone for that.

Anyway, in non-stupid arguments, how are the CPC leadership candidates doing today in not making dogwhistle appeals to racists and bigots?

Tory leadership hopefuls grant interviews to anti-Islam, pro-white ‘journalist’

Some federal Conservative leadership contenders have given interviews to a self-proclaimed online journalist who regularly posts accolades to the superiority of white people, along with diatribes against immigration in general and Muslims in particular.

Video of those largely anodyne interviews appear on Kevin J. Johnston's YouTube channel, FreedomReport.ca, alongside more inflammatory video rants — including one in which Johnston warns Liberal MP Iqra Khalid, author of a motion condemning Islamophobia, that he'll be there "with a big, fat smile" to film the moment when she's shot by a "gun nut."

By Johnston's count, he's now interviewed seven Tory leadership contenders, although as of Wednesday he'd posted video of just five — Maxime Bernier, Michael Chong, Erin O'Toole, Pierre Lemieux and Brad Trost. With the exception of Bernier, who agreed to an hour-long phone interview, the others were videotaped for a few minutes following events featuring multiple leadership contestants.

Bernier's communications director claims they had no knowledge of who the guy was, which means that either a) they're lying, or b) they're grossly incompetent and not vetting people who want an hour of their candidate's time. Neither of those options reflects well on them.

Also blaming the 2011 election on Ontario alone is overlooking why that result even occurred in the first place. In 2008, Quebec elected nearly 50 separatists, and that pretty much resulted in any opposition efforts being DOA right away, because the BQ had to be included. This was a huge PR win for the CPC (LPC, NDP working with separatists, coalition attempts with the separatists etc.) and one of their major talking points during the 2011 campaign (Ignatieff made things even worse). The result was a CPC majority and we all know how that turned out. I'd hardly put the blame on Ontario alone for that.

The 'blame Ontario' narrative is suspect anyways. It's got both an enormous population and enormous area, big cities and small cities, basically every walk of life is represented in a pretty big way. It shouldn't be a surprise that a giant, highly diverse province doesn't automatically vote one way or the others on the aggregate.

It's a pretty good argument to make if you want to make it seem like you don't know an awful lot about Ontario.

CazTGG

Anyway, in non-stupid arguments, how are the CPC leadership candidates doing today in not making dogwhistle appeals to racists and bigots?

Tory leadership hopefuls grant interviews to anti-Islam, pro-white &#8216;journalist'

Bernier's communications director claims they had no knowledge of who the guy was, which means that either a) they're lying, or b) they're grossly incompetent and not vetting people who want an hour of their candidate's time. Neither of those options reflects well on them.

Slightly related, a conservative senator messed up yesterday. Big time: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/res...ll-intentioned-conservative-senator-1.4015115

Apparently it's "Conservatives of North America Say Stupid/Offensive Things Week&#8482;".

The 'blame Ontario' narrative is suspect anyways. It's got both an enormous population and enormous area, big cities and small cities, basically every walk of life is represented in a pretty big way. It shouldn't be a surprise that a giant, highly diverse province doesn't automatically vote one way or the others on the aggregate.

It's a pretty good argument to make if you want to make it seem like you don't know an awful lot about Ontario.

examine MPs elected in ridings in Urban centers.

in a big city, how far from the Urban center are Conservative MPs elected?

Montreal hasn't had a PC MP since 1988.

But Toronto still has 2 Conesrvaitve MPs elected in TO's center, Markham-Unionville and Thornhill. Then hover awy from the city in Suburbia and look at the sea of blue surrounding 289/905 area.

Pedrito

LOL, these people talk a big game when it comes to vetting refugees, but can't even do a google search that would lead them in less than 5 seconds to this guy's youtube channel full of batshit insane videos.

LOL, these people talk a big game when it comes to vetting refugees, but can't even do a google search that would lead them in less than 5 seconds to this guy's youtube channel full of batshit insane videos.

When your best-case scenario explanation can be boiled down to "I failed at the most basic aspect of my job" -- which is almost literally what Bernier's guy is saying! -- then you know you've screwed up.

But Toronto still has 2 Conesrvaitve MPs elected in TO's center, Markham-Unionville and Thornhill. Then hover awy from the city in Suburbia and look at the sea of blue surrounding 289/905 area.

Conservative MPs in urban centres? Shocking.

gabbo

Thornhill and Markham-Unionville are by no means Toronto's center. Don't act like Vaughn or Markham are in the downtown core.

In what world is Markham and Thornhill TO's center? Have you ever been to Toronto? The main 905 areas (Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Oakville) are all red. I dont even know how many seats the GTA has, but it's like 90%+ red.

Need an explanation of why Trudeau won? Look no further than the GTA.

Also you're laughing at the size of QC, but Ottawa isnt too much bigger. All of Ottawa's ridings went to the Liberals except for one very rural CPC stronghold riding...and even there the Liberals still almost won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom