• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cancel your preorders. iPad Air (aka iPad 5) and iPad Mini Retina announced.

I always get excited about new iPads because i think of how great they'd be for games.

...but then I remember that I already have a ton of games on my Android phone and tablet that I already never play. Plants vs. Zombies is about the only thing I play with any regularity, and the sequel just came out on Google Play!

When it really comes down to it for me I only use my tablet for web browsing, podcast listening, and video watching.

This.

I already have a iPad 3 that serves me just fine. I did consider upgrading but there's way too much coming out this year that I rather have (plus, we're moving and expecting our first child, yay! ). I am sure that there are valuable upgrades on the iPad Air (it does look like a sweet device) but I'm falling out of love with the cultish syndrome that Apple has over people. The better the competition gets, the less I can convince myself that "dat Apple premium" is even worth it. For now, I'm content with my PS4 and, as someone who use to go into debt for the latest and greatest, that's a great place to be. I might upgrade next year but we'll see.

Now, on the other hand, I do want a new receiver and another set of Bowers and Wilkins speakers ;)

DeviantBoi

Well, just bought one from the Apple store.

I'm upgrading up from an iPad 2, so I know it'll definitely be a leap forward in tech for me.

Top Bottom