• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin -Saturday September 16th |OT| This is Boxing

Syder

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Sightly off topic but on fb I've noticed alot of Canelo hate by other Mexicans. I'm of Mexican descent but born and raised in the states. What is the hate attributed to? Malinchistas or what?

Back on topic I'm rooting for Canelo and think he will win.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Just body language I guess. GGG just seems like the more humble guy and Canelo seems to have a chip on his shoulder, but I know very little about the men in reality. Going based on interviews and how much I've seen Canelo smile.

Oscar

Sightly off topic but on fb. I've noticed alot of Canelo hate by other Mexicans. What is it attributed to? Malinchistas or what?

Mexican males dislike Canelo ever since he vacated the belt when he initially ducked GGG.

Mexican females are all over him tho.

CrocoDuck

Sightly off topic but on fb I've noticed alot of Canelo hate by other Mexicans. I'm of Mexican descent but born and raised in the states. What is the hate attributed to? Malinchistas or what?

Have no idea. Mexican American here. My best guest is that they feel jealous or don't approve of Canelos "A" side behavior (dictating negotions, Canelo weight, etc) that doesn't go in line with other great Mexican champions, like Chavez, for example, who is seen as a folk hero who ducked nobody and appealed a lot to the poor because he didn't have a lavish lifestyle (as far as I know).

Top Bottom