• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin -Saturday September 16th |OT| This is Boxing

kikiribu

Both guys are pretty easy to like but one of them seems a bit more easily approachable and is always smiling/seemingly in a good mood, and that's GGG. I could see how some people might like GGG more personality wise.

Tubie

Diaz won every round, but Rivera showed a lot of damn heart, specially considering how little time he had to prepare.

Sightly off topic but on fb I've noticed alot of Canelo hate by other Mexicans. I'm of Mexican descent but born and raised in the states. What is the hate attributed to? Malinchistas or what?

Back on topic I'm rooting for Canelo and think he will win.

I'm Mexican-American and I love Canelo, but I fucking HATE Oscar de la Hoya.

He ended Julio Cesar Chavez's run, who was a folk hero to every Mexican and Mexican-American.

Plus Oscar could have been the next great Mexican fighter (regardless of being Mexican-American) to pick up Chavez's mantle, but once he got the big money fights he just coasted and was only in it for the money. FUCK HIM.

Oscar

Both guys are pretty easy to like but one of them seems a bit more easily approachable and is always smiling/seemingly in a good mood, and that's GGG. I could see how some people might like GGG more personality wise.
The dude walks out to Seven Nation Army, what's not to like?

Plus Oscar could have been the next great Mexican fighter (regardless of being Mexican-American) to pick up Chavez's mantle, but once he got the big money fights he just coasted and was only in it for the money. FUCK HIM.

Man this is why I'll always love / have huge respect for Mexican fighters. Warrior spirits for sure

kikiribu

The dude walks out to Seven Nation Army, what's not to like?
That is a good question. I have no issues with Canelo. I'm Latino, and know he means no harm since I understand everything he's saying perfectly. Maybe the fact that he doesn't like to speak English bothers some people as well? Idk. Seems like the Jose Aldo effect.

Tubie

Dana White is apparently there (instead of one of his own events).

I'm sure he's a fan of Boxing too and no fan of Boxing would want to miss a fight like this, even more so if you have the resources to actually watch it there live.

Fox318

It's a free UFC tv card, he doesn't always attend those. If he ducked a UFC ppv for this then that would have looked suspect.
He wouldn't have put a PPV up against this anyway.

UFC does good business with cable companies and a dual PPV day would fuck everyone.

Tubie

If GGG loses this, that means Canelo won.

Neither of them loses if they draw.

09-roll-safe.w710.h473.jpg

Top Bottom