• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canelo devastating 6th Round K.O Amir Khan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie7

Banned
Edit: Glad he's Okay

https://mobile.twitter.com/amirkingkhan/status/729167754364919808

Amir Khan vs Canelo (Saul Alvarez). Match over in 6th round.

Video:

http://youtu.be/ZSrEuE5O33E

giphy.gif

HLYkxDm.gif

Farsi

It was pretty insane. Lots of anxiety as It took a while for Khan to respond on camera, and he was surrounded by a mob. Canelo even knew how bad it was when he got on his knees near Khan just to see if he's alright.

L6VOQH5.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
Not surprising.
Going into the fight Khan had the speed advantage but Canelo has ridiculous power and Khan's chin is pretty suspect.

That being said, punch looks like it would have floored an elephant anyway.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Canelo is afraid to fight actual Middleweights or actually at Middleweight.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
thats one sick fuckin putazo carrying the weight of Mexico right thur...

T-Rex.

Banned
Khan deserves respect for moving up weight classes and taking the fight on. He was doing pretty well as well, for most part, but them Canelo body shots killed him and led to that KO.

AlexBasch

It was pretty insane. Lots of anxiety as It took a while for Khan to respond on camera, and he was surrounded by a mob. Canelo even knew how bad it was when he got on his knees near Khan just to see if he's alright.

L6VOQH5.jpg
Yeah, Canelo went all "oh shit dude you okay?" almost immediately.

Jezbollah

That was a beautiful shot by Canelo.

I do worry for Khan though, when he's been KO'd it's always been nasty. I do wonder if he has anything to really fight for now in his career.

I'm sure Golovkin vs Canelo will happen. They'll just let it brew up a little before making it happen.

Chichikov

Glass chin against mexican powerhouse. Saw that one coming a mile away.
While all of is true and I agree with everything you said, that shot would've dropped pretty much anyone.
Can't blame it on his weak chin (which again, I'm not saying that he doesn't have).

I'm sorry, but there are no gifs or slo-mo that gives this KO justice. You HAVE to watch it in real time to see how brutal it was. Everyone who saw it with me thought Khan was dead.
Someone please provide a clip of it in real time.

I'm sorry, but there are no gifs or slo-mo that gives this KO justice. You HAVE to watch it in real time to see how brutal it was. Everyone who saw it with me thought Khan was dead.
Someone please provide a clip of it in real time.

the clip in the OP shows it in real time.

GHG

Khan bought the fake hook line and sinker. That's ultimately what ended him. If he managed to read it correctly Canelo was wide open for a second there and would have been there for the taking but it would have taken some balls to execute.

god damn that's crazy. props to canelo for checking if he was aiight. that's a really clean knockout.

so what happened? why did his hands give up on that hit? he seemed ready for the parry. did canelo tire him out?

brawly

While all of is true and I agree with everything you said, that shot would've dropped pretty much anyone.
Can't blame it on his weak chin (which again, I'm not saying that he doesn't have).

I meant the outcome in general, not that particular punch.

Carl2291

Khan was brave to move up 2 weights. By the time of the fight itself Canelo had to be pushing 180, far away from the 155 catch weight.

Khan needs to drop back down to welterweight and go for the Brook fight.

Canelo needs to grow a pair and fight GGG.

jesu

Just watched it.
What a knockout!
I like Amir but....

Will keep an eye on Alvarez now, he's a good boxer to watch.

El Topo

After the fight he gave an interview and said he wanted him next.

No. He first said he would fight anyone and that he feared no one. He was then asked if he would fight Golovkin this year, which he refused to answer, instead just saying he would fight again.
He completely dodged the question.

kmag

That was a beautiful shot by Canelo.

I do worry for Khan though, when he's been KO'd it's always been nasty. I do wonder if he has anything to really fight for now in his career.

I'm sure Golovkin vs Canelo will happen. They'll just let it brew up a little before making it happen.

Khan will take the domestic fight against Kell Brook and that'll be him. Too much money on the table not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom