• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom’s “dream” is to make more Marvel crossover games

Draugoth

Gold Member
capcoms-dream-to-make-more-marvel-crossover-games-interview-dexerto-evo-2024.jpg

Source

“The development team at Capcom has big dreams,” he said.

“Maybe there is an opportunity for a new Marvel vs Capcom game. Maybe there is an opportunity for a new Capcom-based SNK game.

“I don’t know. But, if that were to happen, that would take some time and effort in order create and release those kinds of games, but the short-term with what we can do now is at least reintroduce these past legacy games to a new audience, to people who may not have the opportunity to play it, because it might not be out on modern or current platforms.

Soltype

Feel like I'm done with Capcom when it comes to fighting games. Street fighter 4/5/6 and Marvel 3/Infinite all feel off somehow. All their recent fighting games feel like they're missing something, it's hard to explain. Maybe it's the change to a 3D engine, but none of their new fighters feel as good as the old ones.

Closer

Nah I'm good, just relaunch that Tatsunoko vs Capcom game that you released only on Wii for some reason, thanks.
Man I LOVED Gold Lightan screams. Reminded me of Skullomania on SF EX/Fighting EX Layer. Those screams sparks joy.

As much as I would love MvC4, I think Marvel might just be too much of a pain to work with. Like how they demanded the Marvel characters to be more attractive than the Capcom characters for Infinite. Just make Capcom Allstars. It's what your fans really want at the end of the day

This. Capcom should revive their Breath of Fire Jrpg. I would love that.

They are probably watching to see if the upcoming Jurassic Park Survival game does good before releasing a new Dino Crisis.

They should have actually made a new Dino Crisis instead of making that Jurassic Park Survival Game. That's gonna to do bad I think and it's gonna to send the wrong message to Capcom where they won't make a new Dino Crisis. I think they should have just Remastered the first two Dino Crisis games. Or just full on remade them. I might be wrong though

They should have actually made a new Dino Crisis instead of making that Jurassic Park Survival Game. That's gonna to do bad I think and it's gonna to send the wrong message to Capcom where they won't make a new Dino Crisis. I think they should have just Remastered the first two Dino Crisis games. Or just full on remade them. I might be wrong though
Capcom did do a poll asking which franchise should they bring back. And Dino Crisis received the most votes. I hope survival doesn't do bad. The trailer looked very good graphically. Had that fear element. There are not many excellent dinosaur games.

I would be happy with dino crisis anything at this point. Whether it be a remake like you said or remaster.

I bet if they did a kickstarter just to gauge interest it would do insane numbers.

Capcom did do a poll asking which franchise should they bring back. And Dino Crisis received the most votes. I hope survival doesn't do bad. The trailer looked very good graphically. Had that fear element. There are not many excellent dinosaur games.

I would be happy with dino crisis anything at this point. Whether it be a remake like you said or remaster.

I bet if they did a kickstarter just to gauge interest it would do insane numbers.

As I said in my previous post I might be wrong

Doom85

As much as I would love MvC4, I think Marvel might just be too much of a pain to work with. Like how they demanded the Marvel characters to be more attractive than the Capcom characters for Infinite. Just make Capcom Allstars. It's what your fans really want at the end of the day

It depends on who’s currently running Marvel Comics. When Joe Quesada was the head chief of the company, he made several unpopular decisions including breaking up Peter Parker and Mary Jane, but IIRC he was the primary reason (or at least one of them) that Marvel and DC stopped doing crossover comics. So one person at the top can make things far more difficult.

Seeing as Infinite came out seven years ago, for all we know the comics’ leadership has changed enough since then that this shouldn’t be an issue for a hypothetical new MvC game. I mean, for one thing, the choice to keep all X-men out of Infinite would not be repeated as the age of the comics trying to push X-men to the side so they can push Inhumans has ended and now there’s a ton of new X-men/X-adjacent books currently being published. Time does change things, and how negotiations went back in 2017 doesn’t necessarily reflect how they would go today.

Current day Marvel wouldn't be much fun to crossover with...
They already did a crossover with Disney's Marvel, twice.

Disney interference is partially why people were initially disappointed with the original MvC 3 until Ultimate came out, and they were disappointed yet again with the lacking Infinite roster.

People have went in-depth on the details why, but part of it was that Marvel was desperate to diminish the pop culture impact of the X-men in games, movies, etc. and prop up the Avengers due to Fox not playing ball back then.

You can imagine the amount of angry marvel fans and capcom fans who didn't take to this news well. Infinite remains the game MvC fans tend to ignore the existence of.

Last edited:
They already did a crossover with Disney's Marvel, twice.

Disney interference is partially why people were initially disappointed with the original MvC 3 until Ultimate came out, and they were disappointed yet again with the lacking Infinite roster.

People have went in-depth on the details why, but part of it was that Marvel was desperate to diminish the pop culture impact of the X-men in games, movies, etc. and prop up the Avengers due to Fox not playing ball back then.

You can imagine the amount of angry marvel fans and capcom fans who didn't take to this news well. Infinite remains the game MvC fans tend to ignore the existence of.
Thank you for the elaboration!
And yeah, I was one of those...

I never touched or gave a fuck about the Avengers/Avenger-adjacent characters in MvC, only the X-Men.

Captain America, boring.
Hulk, boring.
Spider man, boring.

Rogue, Psylocke, Dark Phoenix, Gambit? Let's go!

You would have to pay me to play with a Marvel character in Infinite, because they all put me to sleep...

Feel like I'm done with Capcom when it comes to fighting games. Street fighter 4/5/6 and Marvel 3/Infinite all feel off somehow. All their recent fighting games feel like they're missing something, it's hard to explain. Maybe it's the change to a 3D engine, but none of their new fighters feel as good as the old ones.
This, that how i feel. But the hardcores. Or the fgc hardcore. They love them. But I just believe they just use to that way.

Imagine a modern Marvel vs Capcom game that gets continual support ala SF6 with DLC characters, stages, costumes and seasons.
Knowing Capcom though, they'd F it up with their greedy mtx.

That said, I would be interested to play it.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Nah I'm good, just relaunch that Tatsunoko vs Capcom game that you released only on Wii for some reason, thanks.
no

For the 14 people that played it?

They are right to go after more Marvel Cross overs

StereoVsn

I would love a new Marvel beat’m’up game in same style as the the new TMNT Shredder’s Revenge.

Or a new Marvel va Capcom with same production as Guilty Gear titles.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just want them to rerelease Viewtiful Joe.

Do you know how much dormants IPs they have ? How many absolutely have no sales potential ?
What you're saying is seriously bad for their business. They would go bankrupt.

But I would love SOME dormants IP to come back, yes.

Oh I know it's wishful thinking on my part

I still would want a remaster collection of all 5 Breath of Fire games and a possibility of new Breath of Fire game in the works. I know again wishful thinking

NanaMiku

Well, they already made Exoprimal....

dezzy8

I wish that they'd ditch the Marvel license and just make a fighting game with characters from all of their own franchises. Fuck marvel.

Doom85

To be fair Ike Perlmutter's Marvel fucked them on that with his "no Mutants" mandate.

God, fucking Ike Perlmutter. I remember Mason and James from the YouTube channel Mr Sunday Movies would frequently bring him up and his boneheaded decisions, while showing this photo of him looking absolutely sinister-looking with the way the photo turned out.

near

Gold Member
That's the game I was talking about

Didn't know that game came out. Looking at the sales data, it seems to have sold below expectations..
It tanked, Kunitsu-Gami looks like it might tank too. Capcom will look at their efforts to branch outside of RE & SF and say fuck this shit. Pragmata… I’m worried won’t even see the light of day.

Top Bottom