• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 for PS2

Jonnyram

GaimeGuy said:
Of course the old version looks better: It was all pre-rendered!
Thank god someone finally pointed that out :D
Also, syobo online posted a rumour about bio4 and capcom, so I thought I'd translate it:

[quote='`ィ(・´ω`・∩◆SYOBONN1Vw]This information comes from an acquaintance of a person running a biohazard fansite.
The webmaster has been in touch with a bunch of people at Capcom, as well as former-employee Okamoto.
First off, the breaking of exclusivity in this case was not because of user demand, but a plan to boost the stock price, as some already understood, but it seems like there has been confrontation between the developers and the management who are following shareholders' instructions.
Capcom nowadays is different to when Okamoto worked there, the development team's voice seems weaker than before.
It also looks like a lot of skilled staff will leave the company after the GC version of 4 is finished.
But the people behind this rebellion are the developers, and they ask that you don't blame Mikami or Kobayashi.
The GC version of 4 is the last one that Mikami will be involved in, the PS2 version will be passed on to someone else.
People who used to work at Capcom are also shocked by this news.[/quote]

Jonnyram

Some of the rumours posted there are true, some are not. Basically it's some guy who reprints the most credible stuff posted on 2ch. He makes it clear that he isn't stating it as 100% fact, just copying and pasting what someone else wrote. Take with a pinch of salt, but it's interesting if true.

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
Some of the rumours posted there are true, some are not. Basically it's some guy who reprints the most credible stuff posted on 2ch. He makes it clear that he isn't stating it as 100% fact, just copying and pasting what someone else wrote. Take with a pinch of salt, but it's interesting if true.

Let's not forget that Capcom lost 3 programmers during the development of DMC on the still-new PS2 hardware.

This information comes from an acquaintance of a person running a biohazard fansite.
The webmaster has been in touch with a bunch of people at Capcom, as well as former-employee Okamoto.
First off, the breaking of exclusivity in this case was not because of user demand, but a plan to boost the stock price, as some already understood, but it seems like there has been confrontation between the developers and the management who are following shareholders' instructions.
Capcom nowadays is different to when Okamoto worked there, the development team's voice seems weaker than before.
It also looks like a lot of skilled staff will leave the company after the GC version of 4 is finished.
But the people behind this rebellion are the developers, and they ask that you don't blame Mikami or Kobayashi.
The GC version of 4 is the last one that Mikami will be involved in, the PS2 version will be passed on to someone else.
People who used to work at Capcom are also shocked by this news.

HOLY FUCKING X if true. :O :O Hopefully Nintendo picks them up for Revolution - blank cheque for game dev!

Mashing

That's pretty far fetched, I find it hard to believe. If safe to say you're a fucking idiot of a company if you don't keep your developer happy... they'll bail on you otherwise. Is Capcom's new CEO going to run them into the ground? Only time will tell.

Even still, I find this hard to believe... competely bad business

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I believe it. Why else haven't we heard from Mr. Mikami (who's always been very vocal about his GAMECUBE evangelism) about this announcement? Why else did Mr. Okamoto (long time CAPCOM veteran) leave? Why else has CAPCOM been losing money if not 'cos of bad management?

cvxfreak

Mashing said:
That's pretty far fetched, I find it hard to believe. If safe to say you're a fucking idiot of a company if you don't keep your developer happy... they'll bail on you otherwise. Is Capcom's new CEO going to run them into the ground? Only time will tell.

Even still, I find this hard to believe... competely bad business

One thing's for sure... Capcom's devs are definitely underpaid. A lot of them always cram to get their games done, and sleep in their offices. I think that's another factor.

Top Bottom