• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCOM CUP 2016 | Fighting Game Tournament | Dec 2-3 | WHENS MAHVEL?

smh, can't believe Fuudo got to him like that.

MQhbOqb.gif

Tekniqs

Yah wtf was that, looked super weak.

really showcases what a posted said earlier in this thread (or the sf5 thread).
Daigo doesn't (can't?) do what Tokido does with Ryu and that's seamlessly switch from defense to offense. Like Tokido will RTSD once he finds an opening. Seems like Daigo just wants to play that patient game and perhaps that isn't the way sf5 should be played....

Fuudo is a monster. I can't believe Kazunoko beat him. He fucked everything up.

really showcases what a posted said earlier in this thread (or the sf5 thread).
Daigo doesn't (can't?) do what Tokido does with Ryu and that's seamlessly switch from defense to offense. Like Tokido will RTSD once he finds an opening. Seems like Daigo just wants to play that patient game and perhaps that isn't the way sf5 should be played....

Daigo does switch styles though. That's like one of the things he's known for. Just check out last year's match vs Poongko. Completely went ape shit to finish off Poongko despite playing patient the games before that.

FluxWaveZ

just do a clap inbetween block strings, it might hit, it might not, if it does, you win instantly ayy

Hell naw. One thing I was surprised by, though, was interrupting positive situations from Daigo with st.MP, like the one that closed out the match after Fuudo was forced to block a j.LK. That shouldn't be happening but, like others said, Daigo was respecting Mika too much, like she has a DP or something. Stuff should be airtight.

Hell naw. One thing I was surprised by, though, was interrupting positive situations from Daigo with st.MP, like the one that closed out the match after Fuudo was forced to block a j.LK. That shouldn't be happening but, like others said, Daigo was respecting Mika too much, like she has a DP or something. Stuff should be airtight.

Daigo and other top players delay their block strings like that to catch the jump back OS, with him trying to do that, he got caught by st.MP's.

Also doing too much on Mika's wakeup can lead to a V-Reversal which we both know is really strong lol

joe2187

Banned

Mikas are weak against rushdown, you gotta go on the offense hard because they love to push buttons. Fuddo was hitting things where he would trade positively if Daigo went for the safe option, which he did.

He never DPed her off her forward jumps, even if she body splashed it would have traded in daigos favor. He backed down to much and became defensive which is where Mika excels.

FluxWaveZ

Daigo and other top players delay their block strings like that to catch the jump back OS, with him trying to do that, he got caught by st.MP's.

Also doing too much on Mika's wakeup can lead to a V-Reversal which we both know is really strong lol

Ah, so that's why... Still, I don't think it's worth it. Well, obviously it wasn't in Daigo's case. Letting up pressure even slightly against Mika to capitalize on mistakes is a gamble that can easily go in her favor really well.

Fair enough for the V-Reversal, though. Then again, a Mika will only go for it if the opponent has made certain they're willing to exercise a relentless amount of pressure.

Tekniqs

Fuudo is a monster. I can't believe Kazunoko beat him. He fucked everything up.

Daigo does switch styles though. That's like one of the things he's known for. Just check out last year's match vs Poongko. Completely went ape shit to finish off Poongko despite playing patient the games before that.

last year's match in sf5?

kirblar

Mikas are weak against rushdown, you gotta go on the offense hard because they love to push buttons. Fuddo was hitting things where he would trade positively if Daigo went for the safe option, which he did.

He never DPed her off her forward jumps, even if she body splashed it would have traded in daigos favor. He backed down to much and became defensive which is where Mika excels.
Yup. As a (bad) Birdie, the matches I win vs (bad) Mikas are the ones where I get to keep on offense. If she gets to vortex me, I'm not winning.

It's not as easy as it looks. Just look at Daigo vs every other Mika. He makes them look free and they can't get in on him. Fuudo is just flat out better.

last year's match in sf5?

It doesn't have to be. The common thing that is said is that Daigo plays like it's SF4 yet in SF4 he played patient with occasional style changes. In his previous match he turned up the aggression against Sako similar to what he did vs Poongko. He's never been a player that just plays one style.

Even Floe made the same observation.

Top Bottom