• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier SPOILER THREAD | ...does anyone want to get out?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's been a while since I saw Avengers, I don't remember that part. Was a flame already coming out of the arrowhead when Hawkeye shot it?

Ah, I haven't seen the show. Sounds like it's a standard issue gadget.

2 characters are "scientist" characters, and one mentions having made it, but the project was turned down in the prototype phase, so he thinks he has the only one. But, it's presented more like Fury found out about it, and saw it's potential, and didn't want that technology readily available. Or something. Basically, only Fury and Fitz (AOS) have one.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
When Cap & co. pull the same stunt to escape from the police van, I was kinda surprised to see it a second time. SHIELD might as well weaponize it since it can cut through a chunk of asphalt in seconds. Maybe give Hawkeye some arrows that have the same effect.

...he seemed to have an incendiary arrow in avengers remember

Hawkeye was already OP as shit in Avengers. I don't know why people say he and Natasha are useless. The very first shot he takes that caps a Chitauri in the head and knocks out like three others, plus the infamous no look back shot takedown. Not to mention, though he had a whole crew making chaos, he basically took down a helicarrier alone. And he was the one that knocked Loki off his cruiser.

Hawkeye and Hulk kinda owned that whole fight when you think about it. Thor too I guess.

Showaddy

Hawkeye & Widow are fine against normal level grunts, even alien ones, but what exactly are they going to do when shit gets real? They'll be about as useful as inflatable dartboards when they're firing arrows at Ultron or popping Thanos with a pair of glocks...

Hawkeye & Widow are fine against normal level grunts, even alien ones, but what exactly are they going to do when shit gets real? They'll be about as useful as inflatable dartboards when they're firing arrows at Ultron or popping Thanos with a pair of glocks...

That's where Stark Tech + Confiscated Alien Tech comes into play tbh.

strobogo

Banned
I hope Avengers 2 has someone making fun of Hawkeye for his bow fwip thing. He looked like a total dingus every time he did it, and it was clearly supposed to be super cool.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

the same thing reed richards does, get teched out and finish the job. What makes them dangerous is their training not their powers they have none.

Zen

Banned
I used to love Alpha Flight, still have a bunch of the issues, I think up to about issue#20 or so. They would be a good choice for a new Marvel movie, and yeah if they could get Weapon X in there that would be awesome. Guardian was my favorite character though, I just loved the power suit.

2009-12-16_210916_Guardian_by_Mel_Rubi.jpg

How has Alpha Flight been doing recently? I absolutely loved the Omega Flight mini during civil war, but instead of sticking with what seemed like a winning formula, they decided to make a new ongoing that completely ignored Omega and simply returned the original cast that had been cancelled 50 billion times.

Well I cant see Black Widow doing much but at least Hawkeye has lots of different types of arrows he can use.
Flashbang arrow to disorientate or smoke arrow for some cover etc...

Well I cant see Black Widow doing much but at least Hawkeye has lots of different types of arrows he can use.

Black Widow has those little electrical shorting out gadget things. That might be useful against Ultron, maybe? I mean, she shorted out Bucky's robot arm. Not for long, but it could be a distraction versus Ultron.

Calabi

She will use her feminine whiles to seduce him and distract him while the men do the real heroic stuff.
that was sarcasm by the way

lol I really cant see those doing shit.

I dunno... at the beginning maybe? I don't see Ultron starting out being totally unstoppable. Like, I could see the first time he shows up, they can't do jack to hurt him and BW zaps him momentarily to get the others out... and then the next time he shows up, he's immune to that.

Something like that.

Macka

Finally got around to watching this.

Wow. It was surprisingly awesome! I didn't have high expectations after the first Cap movie, which I thought was the weakest of the MCU so far, but...I think this might be my new favourite Marvel film? I mean, The Avengers was great and all but it's practically an ensemble comedy with less than impressive action set pieces.

This was very different. It almost didn't feel like a superhero movie at times...rather a Jason Bourne/Metal Gear Solid-esque espionage flick. Pretty intense too, starting with that amazing scene with Fury in the SUV. The action choreography is incredible; this is easily the best Marvel film in that regard by a long stretch.

I do have a question though. How did Cap and Falcon get their shield/wings back after they were taken in by S.H.I.E.L.D? I assume they weren't being transported in the same vehicle along with their equipment? Maria busted them out and they used that plasma thing to escape, so I had no idea how Cap had his shield a few scenes later.

inky

I do have a question though. How did Cap and Falcon get their shield/wings back after they were taken in by S.H.I.E.L.D? I assume they weren't being transported in the same vehicle along with their equipment? Maria busted them out and they used that plasma thing to escape, so I had no idea how Cap had his shield a few scenes later.

Well, you are assuming wrong :p

Yea, it's flimsy logic. None of the "main" bad guys from strike team are in the same truck as them either, and they don't bother to check in constantly with the interior of the truck because obviously he's Cap and has already escaped from similar situations.

You just have to go with it.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Finally got around to watching this.

Wow. It was surprisingly awesome! I didn't have high expectations after the first Cap movie, which I thought was the weakest of the MCU so far, but...I think this might be my new favourite Marvel film? I mean, The Avengers was great and all but it's practically an ensemble comedy with less than impressive action set pieces.

This was very different. It almost didn't feel like a superhero movie at times...rather a Jason Bourne/Metal Gear Solid-esque espionage flick. Pretty intense too, starting with that amazing scene with Fury in the SUV. The action choreography is incredible; this is easily the best Marvel film in that regard by a long stretch.

...i dont remember, oh look another excuse to go and see the movie again! thanks man, im gonna guess Hill had something to do with that though out of all the "twists" that were clearly dramatic irony, her being in the transport was one i didnt see coming.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I really need to re-watch this before it leaves theaters...

Yeah, my gf and I are going to see it one more time too. I've liked it more every time I've seen it. It's my favorite Marvel movie outside Avengers, and it's real close to that one too. In some aspects I actually like it better than Avengers. I wish they had Captain America more like this in the Avengers, that would have elevated the movie to untouchable status IMHO.

Yeah, my gf and I are going to see it one more time too. I've liked it more every time I've seen it. It's my favorite Marvel movie outside Avengers, and it's real close to that one too. In some aspects I actually like it better than Avengers. I wish they had Captain America more like this in the Avengers, that would have elevated the movie to untouchable status IMHO.

I think it made sense that Cap wasn't the greatest in Avengers because that was his first mission after being frozen for seventy years. It's not totally crazy that he'd be a bit off his game there.

This movie showed us the Cap that we should always have.

After seeing it again, the more I love it. Even though Project Insight failed in the end, I still view it as the bad guys still won. Sure, their big ultimate plan was foiled, but they are still around and still being evil behind the scenes. And now there is no SHIELD anymore. To slow the bad guys down, they had to dismantle the entire good guy information network.
Hydra still won out in the end. They just had a setback. And it is awesome.

After seeing it again, the more I love it. Even though Project Insight failed in the end, I still view it as the bad guys still won. Sure, their big ultimate plan was foiled, but they are still around and still being evil behind the scenes. And now there is no SHIELD anymore. To slow the bad guys down, they had to dismantle the entire good guy information network.

Yeah and The Avengers basically have no idea that Hydra wasn't just active within SHIELD, but around other parts of the world as well.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Project Insight is going to set up Ultron. Mark my words.

Yeah and The Avengers basically have no idea that Hydra wasn't just active within SHIELD, but around other parts of the world as well.

Exactly. Hydra is almost more dangerous now. Fury did say that not all the rats went down with the ship, but now Hydra doesn't have as many enemies as it used to have since the entire SHIELD infrastructure is gone now. They still have to be secretive, but can probably stick their necks out a bit more.

Toxi

Banned
Watched the movie, really liked it. Great action scenes with little shaky cam (Though it got worse at the end), great characters, surprised at how I didn't feel like either the main character or the supporting cast were lame.

BBboy20

This and GOTG are probably the two Marvel films I'll get on Blu-Ray despite knowing they'll be in the Phase Two Collection.

This and GOTG are probably the two Marvel films I'll get on Blu-Ray despite knowing they'll be in the Phase Two Collection.

i'm already frustrated that i have to hold off on buying these movies until we get a new box set :D

(and hopefully it will be in line with Phase 1, such a nice box)
avengers_boxset.JPG

Cptkrush

i'm already frustrated that i have to hold off on buying these movies until we get a new box set :D

(and hopefully it will be in line with Phase 1, such a nice box)
avengers_boxset.JPG

Did this set not come to the US? I've been looking for a phase 1 collection that isn't the obnoxious suitcase set, and that would be perfect

Did this set not come to the US? I've been looking for a phase 1 collection that isn't the obnoxious suitcase set, and that would be perfect

i'm not sure about the american releases :/ that suitcase is pretty daft even though it has superior "art posters" for all the movies in it.

To help the hunt, you're looking for a box like this, the art on top is a plastic sleeve:

and this euro-release is region free.

Top Bottom