• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

duckroll

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586...oduction_on_marvels_captain_america_civil_war

Story blurb:
“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

This confirms that there will be a sort of "Stamford Incident" like in the comics, but this time it will involve the New Avengers. It also confirms that unlike the comics where it was just an ideology battle, there's a villain behind the scenes, so Iron Man won't be the "villain" so to speak. It's probably Baron Zemo.

Cast:
The film returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron”) as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 3”) as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as The Vision, Jeremy Renner (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “The Avengers”) as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla”) as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd (“Ant-Man,” ”Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”) will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in “Captain America: Civil War.”

The film also includes outstanding additional cast, including Chadwick Boseman (“42,” “Get on Up”) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (“Inglourious Basterds,” “Bourne Ultimatum”), Frank Grillo (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Warrior”) as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (“A History of Violence,” Marvel’s “The Incredible Hulk”) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”).

Wall of Text translation:
Chris Evans - Captain America
Robert Downey Jr - Iron Man
Scarlett Johansson - Black Widow
Sebastian Stan - Winter Soldier
Anthony Mackie - Falcon
Paul Bettany - The Vision
Jeremy Renner - Hawkeye
Don Cheadle - War Machine
Elizabeth Olsen - Scarlet Witch

Paul Rudd - Ant-Man

Chadwick Boseman - Black Panther
Emily VanCamp - Sharon Carter

Daniel Brühl - Baron Zemo
Frank Grillo - Crossbones

William Hurt - General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross

Martin Freeman - Son of Thanos

Avengers 3: The Avengering.

Neoxon

So we're getting Ant-Man & Thunderbolt Ross, awesome.

As for Vision, he was expected, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Alienous

Oh, so the fuck-up that causes registration will be in this film along with the fallout?

I was expecting more of a "Hey, remember all the shit that went down in the last film". But it looks like we'll see the team make a shitshow of something for the film's opening.

We are one step closer guys, this could possibly happen...

0neAHGT.jpg

Moaradin

Awesome to see Hawkeye and Vision in there. Wasn't confirmed until now, right? This movie might as well be a full blown Avengers movie.

Spider-Man and Black Panther are still gonna be in it?

We are one step closer guys, this could possibly happen...

0neAHGT.jpg

Holy shit I just noticed Ant-Man was there as well. Yesssss. This needs to happen.

Toothless

FUCK YEAH PAUL RUDD

I mean, I'm happy Cheadle and Bettany were confirmed, but even if Ant-Man is bad, I feel like Rudd is going to be great in the role. HYPEEE

Still no Spidey. Did we ever get confirmation that Spider-Man's pre-2017 film appearance is without a doubt Civil War?
My money is on a 1-2 min Cameo or Mid Credits Scene. There's ay too many characters in CAPTAIN AMERICA: Civil War. Seriosuly, I'm starting to think naming this film Captain America just isn't doing justice to the character, should've just name it Marvel's Civil War.

duckroll

Awesome to see Hawkeye and Vision in there. Wasn't confirmed until now, right? This movie might as well be a full blown Avengers movie.

Spider-Man and Black Panther are still gonna be in it?

Most of the cast wasn't officially confirmed until now. Which is why I bothered to make a thread lol. This isn't a stealth Avengers movie. It's basically Captain America & The New Avengers as far as the casting goes.

I still remember years back when we were all like "Civil War will be pretty hard, the MCU doesn't have enough heroes..." and now we're at a point where there are 11 superheroes in the cast listing and 2 villains, and that seems a bit much. They haven't even confirmed Spider-man. The fallout from Civil War will likely spill over to the Netflix shows as well, with another half dozen superheroes across four series. Lol. Lol.

yo more Rudd as Ant-Man
tumblr_l7qse5wJZ31qaqggd.gif

Glad to see they're not completely ignoring TIH, cool to see more General Ross. Will we see the Red Hulk someday?

And Vision and SW, and BP and Spidey too yooo basically this is just Avengers 2.5. So excited for this aghhhhhhh

#teamCap

Finally, they are re-introducing elements of The Incredible Hulk. With General Ross back, hopefully we can get Betty back as well in some capacity.

This movie already feels like it's gonna be huge.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
tumblr_mq9q26TLd91s9bz2eo3_400.gif

"But I'm not an Avengers movie."

Haven't this been excited for MCU set pics, looking forward to those.

jmood88

Even though I love Winter Soldier and Steve has become my favorite character, I'm more excited to see Black Panther than anyone else.

hamchan

I'm so hyped for the first part of the Avengers 3 trilogy.

Seriously, this is looking pretty extraordinary.

Neoxon

Still no Spidey. Did we ever get confirmation that Spider-Man's pre-2017 film appearance is without a doubt Civil War?
What else is he gonna be in? The only other options are Doctor Strange & Guardians 2. Plus numerous actors (including both RDJ & Chris Evans) confirmed that Spidey will be in Civil War.

They likely didn't mention him so they wouldn't spoil the surprise of his casting.

kai3345

Banned
I wonder how the teams will split?

Cap
Falcon

Tony
Rhodes

Everything else is up in the air.

I'm actually not so sure about this either. I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll have the sidekicks on the opposite side of their main hero to add more drama

Enthus

It's crazy that this is the opening movie for Phase 3. It's going to be hard for the rest of them to top this. Even if it's not good, the hype will be ridiculous.

Top Bottom