• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Yeah no
fall out from creating a robot that nearly annihilated mankind
is a huge missed opportunity. Not too often
Do you get a hero directly responsible for the destruction of a city
. But it's in some east european country so I guess it's not a big deal.

They are obviously going to mention Ultron and not gloss over it. But this event that happens in CW will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

William Hurt?

Wait so this means the hulk movie really was MCU 👀

This has been known forever, its referenced in Iron Man 2, Avengers, The Consultant, Agents of SHIELD and Age of Ultron.

jett

D-Member
Why was this a Captain America movie? Because Iron Man had his trilogy and they want to wrap up Avengers with Infinity War?

Is that about right?

They have to name it something I guess.

I wonder what's gonna happen to the MCU after Infinity War.

Yeah there was promo art that listed her as Agent 13 (can't remember if the credits listed as well), yet it is never actually stated within the movie itself.

Actually, she identifies herself as Agent 13 to Cap after Fury gets shot. What they don't state outright is that she's Sharon Carter. Cap thinks her name is "Kate" which was her cover name and he has no idea about her relation to Peggy.

Jesus Christ, ALL THESE SUPERHEROES

And Scarlet is probably gonna fuck up something.

We are one step closer guys, this could possibly happen...

0neAHGT.jpg

YES YES LET'S DO THIS, SOCK THAT FUCKER

hamchan

They have to name it something I guess.

I wonder what's gonna happen to the MCU after Infinity War.

Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, GotG 3, Doctor Strange 2, Inhumans.

I expect all the original Avengers to have retired but the train still doesn't stop! (it stops when the movies stop making money)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
We are one step closer guys, this could possibly happen...

0neAHGT.jpg
There's seriously no reason this scene can't happen now, I wouldn't even care if that's their only appearance. Like, only doing that in a setpiece battle then disappearing for the rest of the movie.

Luigi87

Actually, she identifies herself as Agent 13 to Cap after Fury gets shot. What they don't state outright is that she's Sharon Carter. Cap thinks her name is "Kate" which was her cover name and he has no idea about her relation to Peggy.

Oooh, right!
... damn I gotta see the movie again... *waiting for Phase 2 Blu-Ray set*

Still looking forward to this, but I can't see it being as good as TWS with a cast this large. At this point, I'm more excited about... well, everything Marvel Studios has in the pipeline that isn't Avengers.

Also, where are Smulders and Jackson?

Nibel

Reading through the list of cast members and thinking about what impact on the MCU the plot could have I must say I'm pretty blown away by this; makes AOU look like Avengers 1.5 in comparison.

duckroll

There's seriously no reason this scene can't happen now, I wouldn't even care if that's their only appearance. Like, only doing that in a setpiece battle then disappearing for the rest of the movie.

What if they do the sequence, but before the arrow gets anywhere Iron Man catches it in mid-air, Scarlet Witch blasts both Ant-Man and Hawkeye, and they get detained under the Registration Act? :p

Cuburt

I think some people might lead themselves into some disappointment by just calling it another Avengers movie. Similarly, people might write it off for the same reason. It may have all the Avengers, but it's not going to have the team be the main focus of the film.

I hope it still has a good aamount of superhero action but it would work better not trying to be an Avengers movie but be it's own thing with Cap and his story as the focal point. Cap is the grounded one of his films with crazy shit happening around him, I expect this to use that again to the film's advantage.

I think some people might lead themselves into some disappointment by just calling it another Avengers movie. Similarly, people might write it off for the same reason. It may have all the Avengers, but it's not going to have the team be the main focus of the film.

I think a lot of the heroes are going to have smaller roles than people think

hamchan

What if they do the sequence, but before the arrow gets anywhere Iron Man catches it in mid-air, Scarlet Witch blasts both Ant-Man and Hawkeye, and they get detained under the Registration Act? :p

Will make it sweeter when Cap beats the shit out of Iron Man in the last 15 minutes.

Nah, I see it the other way around. Scarlet Witch freezes the arrow with telekinesis and sends a blast towards Hawkeye, causing him to fall off his perch, Ant-Man grows big to escape, but gets shouldered by Iron Man. Someone says "You didn't see that coming."

The originial scene needs to happen, unaltered.

Top Bottom