• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

duckroll

What else is he gonna be in? The only other options are Doctor Strange & Guardians 2. Plus numerous actors (including both RDJ & Chris Evans) confirmed that Spidey will be in Civil War.

They likely didn't mention him so they wouldn't spoil the surprise of his casting.

Surprise? He hasn't been cast yet. They will likely announce it the moment they have finalized the deal.

It's crazy that this is the opening movie for Phase 3. It's going to be hard for the rest of them to top this. Even if it's not good, the hype will be ridiculous.

Phase 3 movies are so fundamentally different from each other, I'm not even sure they *need* too.

dLMN8R

Wait really? It's just starting shooting now and it's out in a year?

That seems like crazy quick turn-around....

I'm actually not so sure about this either. I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll have the sidekicks on the opposite side of their main hero to add more drama

Winter Soldier on Baron Zemo's side, fights Cap to stall him, but it turns out Bucky was doing his own thing to bring Zemo down from the inside and earn redemption.

Neoxon

Surprise? He hasn't been cast yet. They will likely announce it the moment they have finalized the deal.
I only say surprise in the event that they haven't casted him yet. But you're right, they likely haven't sealed the deal yet.

Trades will probably beat 'em to it, I'd imagine.

They don't need him on set til June, right? So I'm betting we get some sort of announcement/leak in the next two weeks.

Alienous

I want to see (Age of Ultron spoilers) Ross
shake Iron-Man's hand for the beating he gives the Hulk, hopefully with it being shown on a screen.

jett

D-Member
I wonder why is Johansson even credited as "Black Widow." Nobody calls her that. Ever.

Anyway, seems like this will be Avengers 2.5.

Luigi87

She was only referred to as "Sharon" in Winter Soldier. Good to know its pretty much confirmed that she is related to Peggy.

Yeah there was promo art that listed her as Agent 13 (can't remember if the credits listed as well), yet it is never actually stated within the movie itself.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Damn, it's basically another Avenger's movie. That's awesome and TWS was fantastic so I'm really looking forward to this.

Fury451

Banned
I thought Civil War would make a good Avengers film, and it kind of sounds like that's what they're doing, just without the official title.

Looking forward to this one very much, was pretty disappointed with AoU.

DaveH

The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

It also confirms that unlike the comics where it was just an ideology battle, there's a villain behind the scenes, so Iron Man won't be the "villain" so to speak. It's probably Baron Zemo.
Civil War was my most anticipated MCU film and I knew Zemo was in it but hoped he was playing a bit part instead of being a potential mastermind. This doesn't confirm that for certain, but IF he is responsible for the ideological battle, my interest in this film plummets, sadly.

I guess I knew that it would never be so deep a split that it prevents the Avengers from assembling for Infinity War, but at the same time I'm pretty tired of controversies that get swept under the rug of enemy action.

Still vague enough that we might be talking about real controversies and real consequences but we'll see.

When they're is money on the line, Hollywood has done some seriously mind-boggling things.

If this was a drama or some other genre, they could probably have it out in theaters by early October if they really wanted too.

Ant-Man is in!? Fuck yes! I was afraid that franchise was just going to be sent out to die as a one-off. Glad to see he's going to stick around.

Oh, so the fuck-up that causes registration will be in this film along with the fallout?

I was expecting more of a "Hey, remember all the shit that went down in the last film". But it looks like we'll see the team make a shitshow of something for the film's opening.

Yeah no
fall out from creating a robot that nearly annihilated mankind
is a huge missed opportunity. Not too often
Do you get a hero directly responsible for the destruction of a city
. But it's in some east european country so I guess it's not a big deal.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Isn't that similar The Avenger AOU? I thought it wrapped last Aug?

It's interesting how we went from a pretty by-the-numbers super hero movie with the first Captain America to what many are hoping to be the Avengers 2 that AoU wasn't.

hamchan

cJaT5bp.jpg
]

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wonder why is Johansson even credited as "Black Widow." Nobody calls her that. Ever.

Anyway, seems like this will be Avengers 2.5.

I always liked how they never call each other by their Superhero names.

bengraven

Why was this a Captain America movie? Because Iron Man had his trilogy and they want to wrap up Avengers with Infinity War?

Is that about right?

Top Bottom