• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cartoon Network announces Justice League Action - new animated series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Please tell me I read that time wrong. Why in the hell would they put it at 730 am on saturdays

Exactly my thoughts when I finished watching that.
Seriously, wtf kind of time is that to air it at?
... Even when I was a kid I liked to sleep until at least 8 <_<

Xe4

Banned
I'm cautiously optimistic, the early clips look all right, and the art style looks way better in motion. Reminds me of the OG Teen Titans a bit, though the time it will be on, and 11 minute episodes both worry me.
Young Justice is not coming back to CN.

Technically we don't know where it's coming back to. Someone may have ruled out CN, but I honestly can't remember.

Most think it's gonna be on Netflix, given the news before the announcement.

Please tell me I read that time wrong. Why in the hell would they put it at 730 am on saturdays
7:30 AM is nothing. Wait til they randomly change the time slots and pre-empt episodes for no reason, and then get ready for mid-season hiatuses with no announcement for when it'll air again. And in YJ's case, they also threw in a nice title change between seasons so our DVRs wouldn't pick it up anymore.

Young Justice is not coming back to CN.
Good.

Ross61

I'm cautiously optimistic, the early clips look all right, and the art style looks way better in motion. Reminds me of the OG Teen Titans a bit, though the time it will be on, and 11 minute episodes both worry me.

Technically we don't know where it's coming back to. Someone may have ruled out CN, but I honestly can't remember.

Most think it's gonna be on Netflix, given the news before the announcement.

One of the producers and show runner ruled out CN.

Penguin

US premiere is... Dec 24th

Merry Christmas?

https://youtu.be/F4Aaa7ZZGPQ

The next DC Comics based animated series, Justice League Action, will officially debut on Friday, December 16, 2016 at 6 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. The new series is focused, as is in the title, on the action aspect of the Justice League's adventures, with 11 minute episodes - two presented in each half-hour timeslot. Don't expect that to mean a comedy show like Teen Titans GO! however; this is definitely an action series.

After the premiere, the series will air on Saturday mornings starting December 24; Cartoon Network did not announce the exact timeslot in their press release.

GeeTeeCee

7:30 in the morning on a Saturday? That's the kind of haphazard scheduling I've long since come to expect from Cartoon Network UK. I don't think they ever actually bothered to show Beware the Batman.

Penguin

Premiere episode is called Shazam Slam!

"In "Shazam Slam," the villainous Black Adam battles Batman on the Rock of Eternity and unleashes a horde of Djinn determined to turn the Earth back to its pre-human, volcanic state. Affected by the otherworldly powers of these primordial monsters, Batman becomes possessed and is turned into a giant flying Batmonster laying waste to the Hall of Justice, with only Superman capable of taking the fight to the Dark Knight. One by one, the Justice League - with the help of Shazam (voiced by Sean Astin) and The Wizard (voiced by Carl Reiner) - must hunt down and defeat each Djinn in order to yet again save the world from destruction."

shingi70

Banned
This show is dead before it started. That early morning time slot is what killed Young Justice and DC Nation. Every other CN show premiers in the evening .

I've got a bad feeling about this show. Not about its quality but its survivability.
If Young Justice does indeed show up on Netflix, hopefully they'll be willing to order more DC animated shows. Green Lantern was so damn good, what a shame.

Penguin

This show is dead before it started. That early morning time slot is what killed Young Justice and DC Nation. Every other CN show premiers in the evening .

Well it is premiering on a Friday evening here

Then moving to a Saturday, we don't know when yet

abundant

Wait a second... . CN permiers most of the new episodes of shows during the weekdays. Please don't tell they're gonna stick this show on Saturdays and never show reruns :/

Correction, CN only premiers new episodes from their Comedy Based Shows during the weekdays. They basically all but abandoned Action Based Shows, and the few they have are always stuck on the Saturday Morning time slot with no reruns.

Correction, CN only premiers new episodes from their Comedy Based Shows during the weekdays. They basically all but abandoned Action Based Shows, and the few they have are always stuck on the Saturday Morning time slot with no reruns.
The show is lighthearted already. Why not show new episodes next their already popular shows?

abundant

The show is lighthearted already. Why not show new episodes next their already popular shows?

Because while the show is lighthearted, it still leans more to the action side, which CN doesn't really have much faith in.

To tell you the truth, there's no real reason why they don't do that, except for children networks like CN, Disney, and Nick are ran differently then pretty much everyone else.

Starting out with my favorite hero I see.

Dec 27th so far away. Weird they're premiering a different episode than europe, must not be a very strong chronology.

Because while the show is lighthearted, it still leans more to the action side, which CN doesn't really have much faith in.

To tell you the truth, there's no real reason why they don't do that, except for children networks like CN, Disney, and Nick are ran differently then pretty much everyone else.
"Boy this show might not catch on
Let's premiere new episodes with other popular shows like TTG!
I'm mean really...

Penguin

Well the first episode is on Youtube and checked it out.

The short run time will need to get use to, but the action, voice and animation are all pretty aces.

Based off what seen, there will be a mega deep dive for DC history. Already gotten Mr. Mind, Space Cabbie and The Nuclear Family.

The short run time will need to get use to, but the action, voice and animation are all pretty aces.

Based off what seen, there will be a mega deep dive for DC history. Already gotten Mr. Mind, Space Cabbie and The Nuclear Family.

Seems like it will be even more esoteric than Brave and the Bold which is really promising.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

DC is at its best when they mine the lore. Glad to hear that's the direction they're going.

Penguin

Each episode is 11 minutes? Thought they'd be 22 minutes.

nope 11 mins

So far hasn't been a problem.

Seems to have a main A plot which drives the main action. Then a minor b-plot which is somewhat kind of more char driven so far

One is about Jimmy covering a Superman/Wonder Woman fight and why he does it
The other is about Lobo vs Superman as he protects Mr. Mind
Then the other is Dr. Stein's origins

Why do people always say "RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2004", when it's actually "RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2007" (then they came back to life in 2010)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom