• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cartoon Network announces Justice League Action - new animated series

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
Interview with the creators.

Some of the stuff revealed:

- About 152 characters featured.
- Constantine confirmed to appear in a couple of episodes.
- A multi-part episode with the characters pretending to be each other, versus the Demons Three.
- A haunted house episode by Paul Dini.
- An episode with Booster Gold on Dinosaur Island.
- Jason J. Lewis will voice more characters, not only Superman.
- General Zod will appear.
- John DeLancie is in the cast.
- Target premiere date: end of August/middle of September, but it's up to Cartoon Network.
- 52 11-minutes episodes, apparently set to air in half-hour slots.

Ross61

- A multi-part episode with the characters pretending to be each other, versus the Demons Three.
- Target premiere date: end of August/middle of September, but it's up to Cartoon Network.
All of this sounds good to me. Can't wait.

So 26 episodes in season 1 awesome

Penguin

Just nothing, but getting Happy Meal toys.

Better look at Hawkman

CrDKEzpXEAAxrBd.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Hawkman rates not one, but two toys? Man, the Hawkman sales pitch at that meeting must have been something else.

Ross61

GRRR so apparently this is premiering Nov 4th on Teletoons in Canada, which means either gonna air in Canada first and folks will find or it's gonna premiere this month on CN with little-to-no fanfare

https://twitter.com/worldsfinest/status/785934888570490880

This could be one of CN best series during the transition period they're going to face and they're doing a piss-poor job of promoting it. What is the train of thought going on here?

Platy

Weird to see GAF hyped for this ... the more I read, the more it sounds like Justice League version of Teen Titans Go.

I am not complaining because i LOVE teen titans go, but I was thinking that most gaf hated the format

Weird to see GAF hyped for this ... the more I read, the more it sounds like Justice League version of Teen Titans Go.

I am not complaining because i LOVE teen titans go, but I was thinking that most gaf hated the format
JLA is going to be silly like Teen Titans Go!? I love Teen Titans Go and have so much fun with it. I couldn't see that kind of format working with JLA, though.

This could be one of CN best series during the transition period they're going to face and they're doing a piss-poor job of promoting it. What is the train of thought going on here?
To ruin anything serious/decent on their network?
Mystery Incorporated
Young Justice
Green Lantern TAS
Beware the Batman

Hell letting the original Teen Titans end when it did while it was still huge.

Platy

JLA is going to be silly like Teen Titans Go!? I love Teen Titans Go and have so much fun with it. I couldn't see that kind of format working with JLA, though.

I don't think it will be THAT silly, but the focus on plastic, Batman fighting street fighter style, "characters pretending to be each other" and 10 minutes episodes points to much more silly than Timmverse

Ross61

Superman's voice actor Jason J. Lewis (@TheJLew) hinted strongly that we should be getting information soon regarding a premier date. It was announced to premiere on Nov. 27 on Cartoon Network UK.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I hope this is good! Godly voice cast and a potentially kickass expanded cast. I'm in.

This actually looks really good and I love the designs. Definitely echoing that it looks better in motion, the voice cast is a plus too. Really excited for this to do really well than get canned too early :D

Ross61

I wonder if this animation is in house or out source. Because if this is in house then they're doing their movies a huge disservice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom