• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - |OT| - Dead and Loving It!

Varg

Banned
Bought the first one on pc on a steam daily deal a week or so ago. Hit it up the first day and thought it was ok. Played for about 6 hours yesterday and I'm on chapter 5 I believe . The game went from meh.... to one of the best games I've ever played. I cannot fucking wait to beat it and it's DLC so I can buy the sequel. The trailer alone gave me chills just watching it

Ahasverus

Review embargo is lifted when?
25th
Can someone tell me how long this game will be, roughly?
Roughly 15hrs story mode only. That's 49℅ of the game according to the stats page
Bought the first one on pc on a steam daily deal a week or so ago. Hit it up the first day and thought it was ok. Played for about 6 hours yesterday and I'm on chapter 5 I believe . The game went from meh.... to one of the best games I've ever played. I cannot fucking wait to beat it and it's DLC so I can buy the sequel. The trailer alone gave me chills just watching it
Yeah that happens :) enjoy.

Vitor711

As someone who got bored with the first Castlevania about half way through - how badly am I going to be confused by the plot? Tempted to jump in regardless but am not 100% sure. If I find it for around £20 on PC, I'll probably bite, especially as I could actually hit 60FPS on the demo whereas I struggle to keep at 45FPS with the first game, irrespective of settings changed.

Ambitious

Alright, I've split my order into two (artbook + game). Now I'll receive the game next week for sure. Time to make use of my comp time.

BTHR Zero X

Ok I loved the first one to bits (I even didn't mind the DLC) but at the moment my money is tight. I want to know is this a Must get or can it wait for a few months?

Biggie

So any news on which version is better? 360 or PS3?

If i remember correctly the PS3 version LOS was slightly better last time, so it will probably be the same this time. Also one disk vs two disk is a big draw for me, don't know why but i hate swapping disk. I however when PC just to make sure I get that 1080p 60fps goodness.

If i remember correctly the PS3 version LOS was slightly better last time, so it will probably be the same this time. Also one disk vs two disk is a big draw for me, don't know why but i hate swapping disk. I however when PC just to make sure I get that 1080p 60fps goodness.

The game is on one disc.

Foffy

Banned
Sorry just came back from work, but if I liked the original, will I like this one? The reviews seem to think it is worse?

Some say its worse, some say its better. It seems to have the same core game elements as LoS1, so if you dug that, you'll dig this.

ironcreed

Banned
I was going to buy it, but figured I would just see if I could get it from Gamefly first. Glad that worked out for me. Got this and Thief on the way.

I have been playing the game for a while now (maybe 10 hours). Playing on Xbox360, the graphics are great (one of the best looking games on Xbox360) with no screen tearing and very steady frame rates. Visual design is great most of the time. Combat system is deep and very enjoyable (much better than God of War's battle system), The soundtrack is awesome. Now I will mention what I consider bad or not well executed in the game: Bad or stupid stealth segments (whoever came with this idea should be fired) . They are bad because they are not enjoyable and I wanted to return back to slaying monsters/platforming as soon as possible. Story is not bad but it isn't great either. Finally, there are many places in the game that have uninteresting design. Overall, I like it and would recommend it to the fans of the first game and the fans of action/adventure genre.

JohngPR

At the end of the day it doesn't matter for me unfortunately since I work 24 hour shifts and I work tomorrow. :(

Oh well. I have to finish Mirror of Fate anyway before I dig into this. I'm close to the end so it shouldn't take too long.

Top Bottom