• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cat wins annual "Hero Dog" award from SPCA of Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfe

HORRORSHØW

Some cats have balls of absolute steel

tumblr_n7i082h4221rrhjaso3_400.gif

0V580rt.gif

iH6MMF7.gif

gmDKhrv.gif

Zero fucks given
damn. my cat's such a pussy

Syriel

Dog looks like a stray.

I'm guessing it got put down.

Was that a wild dog or what? It would've torn that kid's leg apart if it wasn't for the cat.

"The dog from next door had crept up on Tara's owner..."

ITT: We learn that people don't read the OP before posting.

I'll see that. Next challenge?

_64581837_64581836.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAK0J8Uhzk

i'm telling you that Dog and Man have been partners in crime since prehistoric eras. we have evolved together and are our lives have been so intertwined for so many thousands of years that without one or another, it is highly unlikely either would have survived to this day.

there is a reason society looks down on "anti-dog" people and consider those who are callous to violence against dogs psychopathic. cats are great animals, but dogs are man's best friend.

I agree and that dog should be put down.

Alchemy

Cats are awesome, they're extremely social animals and don't really get enough acknowledgement of that trait just because they're able to take care of themselves. I don't let my cats outside (too dangerous in LA for my tastes), but whenever I'm home they hover around me wherever I go. Even something as simple as going from my desk to the couch, all being in the same room, they will follow me over.

Dogs are also cool. Just don't treat animals like shit and they won't become aggressive butt heads like the dog in this story.

Faenix1

Cats are awesome, they're extremely social animals and don't really get enough acknowledgement of that trait just because they're able to take care of themselves. I don't let my cats outside (too dangerous in LA for my tastes), but whenever I'm home they hover around me wherever I go. Even something as simple as going from my desk to the couch, all being in the same room, they will follow me over.

Dogs are also cool. Just don't treat animals like shit and they won't become aggressive butt heads like the dog in this story.

Do you have a backyard? It takes a bit of doing - since some cats are just way too curious and like to escape - but I've made my backyard into some kind of fort. Nothing escapes, nothing enters. They seem fairly happy roaming the yard and I don't have to worry about cars, people, or other animals.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Do you have a backyard? It takes a bit of doing - since some cats are just way too curious and like to escape - but I've made my backyard into some kind of fort. Nothing escapes, nothing enters. They seem fairly happy roaming the yard and I don't have to worry about cars, people, or other animals.
Can you take a picture? I have high privacy fences but stray cats jump it.

One cat jumps onto the fence then onto a 2nd floor deck.

Faenix1

Can you take a picture? I have high privacy fences but stray cats jump it.

It's pretty much a tall fence, so not sure it would help you. Just some of that bird netting that's used to keep birds out of your gardens and lattice. Privacy Lattice seems to work the best. I'm not 100% sure if nothing can enter since nothing has since I put it all up, but I know it's hard to escape from. I had a racoon enter from my gate and had a hell of a time finding a place to leave from.

Privacy Lattice at the top with bird netting in such a way it's like a "roof" (Sadly catches leaves so you gotta clean it from time to time or replace it) seems to keep my cats in and other stuff out. Every side is over 6ft and there isn't really anything for them to climb onto to help them jump over.

It's pretty similar to your setup, I'd imagine, but my stray cats must be stupid and don't know how to jump. I see cats at the back bugging mine all the time but they never make it inside.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's pretty much a tall fence, so not sure it would help you. Just some of that bird netting that's used to keep birds out of your gardens and lattice. Privacy Lattice seems to work the best. I'm not 100% sure if nothing can enter since nothing has since I put it all up, but I know it's hard to escape from. I had a racoon enter from my gate and had a hell of a time finding a place to leave from.

Privacy Lattice at the top with bird netting in such a way it's like a "roof" (Sadly catches leaves so you gotta clean it from time to time or replace it) seems to keep my cats in and other stuff out. Every side is over 6ft and there isn't really anything for them to climb onto to help them jump over.

It's pretty similar to your setup, I'd imagine, but my stray cats must be stupid and don't know how to jump. I see cats at the back bugging mine all the time but they never make it inside.

I have a hard time visualizing yours. I just found this tho. http://www.instructables.com/id/Catproof-Your-Yard/?ALLSTEPS
I'm going to try and convince my roommates to let me do this so our cat can bask in sun beams.

Kammie

That cat is such a fucking boss.

Did anything ever happen to this dog? I don't remember. It seems like it could be a potential hazard to people.

Sojgat

That cat is awesome.

My favourite part isn't how it slams right into the dog, but how it continues chasing it away.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I thought there was talk that the video was fake? Awesome if it turned out that it's 100% real

"Isn't it convenient that there happened to be two cameras recording this? And they're like crane shots or some shit. Derp derp."
Yes, I guess it was fortunate that there were security cams in the neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom