• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt 'Definitely' Planning More Cyberpunk 2077 Animation Projects

Draugoth

Gold Member
cd-projekt-esta-planejando-novos-projetos-de-animacao-no-universo-cyberpunk-2077-112996.webp

Joint CEO Michał Nowakowski was asked during CD Projekt's latest earnings call if it was planning more projects in the pop culture realm and if the beloved Cyberpunk Edgerunners anime, from CD Projekt, Studio Trigger, and Netflix, is getting a second season.

Nowakowski and his colleagues have been fairly insistent in the past that Cyberpunk Edgerunners would not continue after its first season, and while he by no means confirmed more here, he did at least say fans should expect more animation projects in the same vein.

"We are definitely planning to do more in terms of animation with Cyberpunk so I hope that's enough as an answer," Nowakowski said. "So expect to see more for sure, but that's as far as I can go right now."

via iGN

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Good. I love cyberpunk and it’s going to be a long wait until the sequel so give us as much stuff as possible! TV shows/movies/books etc

CSJ

They should absolutely have something that will directly tie into the sequel, that would be so cool to see characters/locations from the anime in the game.

Spyxos

Gold Member
(Watch Edgerunners first)

CDPR wrote the story and Trigger developed it from there, of course with all the worldbuilding and lore from Cyberpunk. Feels very much like a Studio Trigger project overall but has the best of both worlds, arguably.

Edgerunner is one of my favorite animes. I would have hoped that they would continue Edgerunner somehow, even if it would have been difficult.
Since there aren't exactly many alive.
But I would also be happy about anything so well written in this universe.

Top Bottom